Everyone knows that a red light at an intersection means that a driver is required to stop. Those who fail to stop at a red light, whether intentionally or accidentally, put other motorists, passengers, and pedestrians crossing the intersection in serious danger.
If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one due to another driver’s failure to stop at a red light, you have the right to claim fair and just financial compensation for each and every type of damage you sustained.
Call the team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929 for more details about how a Bronx running a stop signal accident lawyer can help you or a loved one after an accident. We have been fighting for victims of driver negligence since 1988.
The Importance of Road Signals
All drivers are required to understand and abide by traffic signals without question. Red lights and stop signs are some of the most common traffic signals that are violated by motorists.
Road signals may serve several purposes, including:
- Providing order so that traffic moves in a logical manner
- Promoting efficiency of the flow of vehicles
- Preventing motorists from crashing into each other
- Helping motorists be aware of changing road conditions and hazards
The importance of traffic signals cannot be overstated, nor can the danger of intentionally or unintentionally disobeying such signals. Yet, statistics indicate that a significant number of motorists persistently disobey stop signals and stop signs.
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), 846 people died in 2018 because of motorists who ran red lights. An additional 139,000 people were injured by motorists failing to stop at red lights. These individuals can include:
- Pedestrians crossing the street
- Bicyclists and other non-motorized vehicle operators
- Other motorists
- Passengers in other vehicles
Though the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) note that the installation of red-light cameras has helped reduce the number of red-light violations, the issue remains a persistent threat. If you or a loved one is seriously injured by a motorist running a red light, stop sign, or another traffic signal, you could be entitled to substantial compensation for your losses.
Accident-Related Injuries May Have Serious Consequences
The list of injuries that can result from a motor vehicle collision caused by a negligent driver is extensive. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury or other head trauma, which the Mayo Clinic cites as a common consequence of a motor vehicle accident
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord trauma
- Injury to the neck or back
- Internal bleeding
- Ligament or tendon tears that require surgery
- Disfiguring scarring
- Severe lacerations that require surgical repair
- Any medical condition that prevents you from performing your daily activities for at least 90 days following the accident
Every case is unique. Following the accident, it is important to seek medical evaluation and treatment as soon as possible after you have been injured. Hospital and medical documentation will be used to establish the seriousness of your injuries and build your claim for financial compensation. Failure to obtain evaluation and treatment of your injuries can have a detrimental impact on your rights to recovery. Don’t delay.
When you hire the experienced and dedicated team of lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we can guide you through the process of bringing a claim, give you the advice necessary to avoid mistakes that can weaken your claim, investigate the unique facts and circumstances of your accident, and build your case for trial while you can focus on your recovery. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929 for a free consultation about how we may assist you or your loved one after an accident. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only earn a legal fee unless you receive financial compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a running a stop signal accidents lawyer serving Bronx, call (212) 732-2929
Our Lawyers Will Build Your Case for Compensation
In many instances, the difference between a strong claim for compensation or a weak one is based on the quality and thoroughness of your lawyer’s investigation of the case. At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates we focus on this investigation immediately following your accident in order to build a successful claim. Some of the actions we may take include:
- Obtaining all police, accident, or incident reports
- Securing witness statements, 9-1-1 audio transcripts, and video footage, if available
- Taking photographs of the scene, vehicle damage, and your injuries
- Filing claims and legal documents in a timely manner
- Giving your instructions and advice as to your conduct and what you can expect during the claim
- Gathering all hospital and medical treatment records
- Consulting with experts in vehicle accident reconstruction
- Negotiating with the at-fault driver’s representatives
- Demanding sworn statements from all at-fault parties
- Retaining medical experts to advise as to your injuries and permanency
- If your injuries prevented you from working, we will obtain all work records and perform an economic analysis of all financial losses
- Prepare your case for trial before a jury if necessary
Bronx Running a Stop Signal Accident Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
You May Be Entitled to Financial Compensation for All of Your Damages
If the evidence shows that you sustained serious injuries from the fault of another motorist, you have the right to demand fair and just financial compensation for each and every type of damage you sustained. While every case is unique, the following list includes the most common type of damages that you can claim after sustaining serious injuries:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Future pain and suffering for all injuries found to be permanent
- Lost income- past and future
- Diminished earnings or loss of benefits resulting from your injuries
- Hospital and medical expenses that you had to pay out of pocket
- Future hospital or medical expenses if applicable
- Any other accident-related expenses and losses including transportation, medication, medical equipment, and adaptations to your home
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
Even if you are not sure if you have a strong case for financial compensation following a motor vehicle accident, you should contact the team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for a free consultation. You may have a better case than you think. Don’t delay speaking to us since there are time limits that require the filing of certain legal documentation by a deadline. If you fail to file these documents within the deadline you may be prevented from receiving the benefits and compensation you deserve. Our lawyers have been fighting for victims just like you since 1988. We are standing by to fight for you.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929 for your free consultation.