A large number of motor vehicle accidents occur in the Bronx. Many are the result of traffic congestion. One wrong move can result in an accident. If you were involved in a car accident due to a negligent driver who changed lanes in an unsafe manner, you may be able to file a claim. You may recover compensation for injuries and other losses that have come as a result of the accident.
The dedicated and experienced lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates have been representing victims of traffic accidents since 1988. Our lawyers are ready to fight for you to hold the negligent driver responsible for his or her actions and demand fair and just financial compensation for your injuries and other damages. To learn more about what you may be entitled to after suffering injuries due to a car accident that was the fault of another, contact the offices of Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929.
The Dangers of Unsafe Lane Changing on the Road
Road and highway lanes are designed to control the flow of traffic and ensure the safety of all on the road. While changing lanes is very common for numerous reasons, doing it in an unsafe, reckless manner can result in serious injury or death. Some of the most common serious injuries that result from unsafe driving include
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Spine trauma
- Disfiguring scarring
- Joint tearing or disruption
- Internal organ damage
Improper lane change or lane deviation resulted in 7.2% of motor vehicle accidents in 2018 in the US, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III). Furthermore, in 2018 in New York, 5.3% (or 13,589) crashes occurred involving improper passing or lane usage, based on data compiled by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
If you were in an accident due to another driver’s unsafe lane changing, you may be able to file a claim against the at-fault driver to recover monetary compensation for your physical injuries, expenses, and other losses as a result of the accident.
Improper lane changes can be the result of intentional or unintentional driving movements. There are a wide variety of causes of improper lane changes including:
- Distracted driving
- Road rage
- Tailgating/ following too closely
- Erratic driving
- Weaving in and out of moving lanes
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while fatigued or falling asleep at the wheel
- Failure to look carefully
Our Car Accident Attorneys Are Ready to Help
In order to protect your rights to recover the fair and just compensation you deserve, call our lawyers immediately after your accident. The consultation is free and if you agree to retain us, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only earn a legal fee unless you receive compensation.
Calling our experienced and dedicated lawyers as soon as possible will enable us to begin to investigate your accident, secure evidence, and build a strong claim for financial compensation while you can focus on your own recovery. Speaking to our lawyers soon after your accident will also ensure that your claim for benefits or compensation will be filed on time since there are deadlines in car accident claims which limit your rights. Dansker & Aspromonte Associates will protect your rights. Our lawyers are standing by. Until then, follow this advice after an accident:
- Call the police
- Request medical attention at the scene
- Obtain names and contact information of witnesses, if possible
- Take photographs of the scene, damage to vehicles, and your injuries
- Do not give any statements to representatives of the at-fault party
- Follow all medical advice
- Get medical attention for all injuries
- Do not post on social media
- Retain copies of bills and other receipts for expenses related to the accident
Call (212) 732-2929 today.
Once retained, our team of lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation of your accident to prove that the accident was the fault of another and that you sustained injuries that qualify as serious under New York law. That investigation may include:
- Obtaining all police and incident reports
- Securing witness statements and video footage, if available
- Conducting a site inspection
- Requesting all vehicle damage reports and photographs
- Hiring a private investigator
- Demanding sworn statements of all at-fault parties
- Collecting all hospital and medical records
- Consulting accident reconstruction experts
- Retaining medical experts to evaluate the long term effects of your injuries
- Receiving all lost earnings records, if applicable
- Evaluating your economic damages
You May Be Entitled to Substantial Compensation
Every case is unique and based upon specific facts and circumstances. Generally speaking, however, if you have sustained serious injuries as the result of the fault of another driver, you have the right to demand fair and reasonable financial compensation for each and every type of damage you sustained including:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Future pain and suffering if your injuries are deemed permanent
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost earnings- past and future, if applicable
- Hospital and medical expenses
- Future hospital and medical expenses
- Any other out of pocket expenses resulting from your injuries
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Will Fight on Your Behalf
Not all personal injury lawyers are the same. The lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates have a long and successful track record representing injury victims just like you since 1988. We are ready to fight for your rights to the compensation you deserve. Call us today for your free case evaluation at (212) 732-2929.