If you were injured in the line of duty as a police officer or firefighter, you may have the right to recover compensation from a negligent party or parties.Workers’ compensation is not available for police officers and firefighters in the state of New York. However, you are entitled to line of duty benefits and additionally, you could file an insurance claim or commence a lawsuit against the negligent parties to recover for your pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages and benefits.
That is where a Bronx police and firefighter injuries lawyer from our firm can help you. Dansker & Aspromonte Associates is committed to helping first responders recover compensation after getting hurt – and we have a track record to prove it. We helped one client obtain a jury verdict of $31 million after this after a police officer was injured in a motor vehicle accident responding to an emergency. We also won a $3.6 million jury verdict for a firefighter who received inadequate medical care after being injured on the job.
We Will Provide Services Tailored to Your Situation
You may not be familiar with the process of filing a claim–but that is not a problem. By having a lawyer from our firm manage your case, you do not need to fight your claim all by yourself. We will protect your rights so that you can concentrate on your own recovery.
Some of the ways in which we can help you include, but are not limited to:
- Gathering and preserving evidence to support your claims
- Determining the value of your damages and the cause of your accident
- Explaining your legal rights
- Advising you on what constitutes a fair settlement
- Communicating with the responsible insurance companies on your behalf
- Filing your claims in a timely manner
- Commencing and pursuing your lawsuit against the responsible parties
- Preparing your claim for trial before a jury in Court if necessary
If you are considering taking legal action following an injury on the job, Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can help you obtain the monetary damages that you are entitled to. Call us for a free case consultation at (212) 732-2929.
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
After being injured, you may be concerned about how you will afford a lawyer. That does not need to be a problem when you work with us. We offer all of our legal services on a contingency-fee basis. That means that you will not be required to pay us any money upfront for our legal services. We only earn a legal fee when you recover compensation.
Examples of Recoverable Damages for Injured Parties
Police officers and firefighters injured on the job due to the negligence of others can recover different types of compensation depending on their situations. Every case is unique and will depend upon the particular facts and evidence available. Our careful and thorough investigation of your claim will help us identify each and every type of injury sustained including physical, emotional and financial damages.
Depending upon the facts of your case, American Bar Association (ABA) sets forth that you may be entitled to recover compensation for the following types of damages
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Compensation for your medical expenses, even those that you will incur in the future
- Compensation for the time missed from work and will continue to miss in the future, as well as loss of retirement or pension benefits
- Disability, if your injuries will leave you with a long-term impairment or impede your day-to-day function
- Disfigurement, if your injuries will permanently alter your physical appearance
- Future pain and suffering if your injuries are deemed permanent
- Out of pocket expenses resulting from your injuries or disability
Don’t Delay Speaking to a Lawyer About Your Rights
You have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit, according to New York’s statute of limitations. We recommend that you do not put off seeking legal representation. If the statute expires in your case, you could be left with no options to seek compensation for your damages, according to the ABA.
We Can Prove that Another Party’s Negligence Resulted in Your Losses
Many first responders incorrectly assume that because they were aware of the dangers their jobs presented, they cannot recover compensation for their losses. This is not true, as you have certain rights and protections under the law.
As noted, if you can prove that another party’s negligence resulted in your injuries, you may have the right to recover for a host of damages. Yet, proving negligence without a lawyer can be difficult.
If you feel that you have been injured on the job due to the negligence of another, the sooner you contact our lawyers, the sooner we can begin to investigate your claim, gather and secure evidence and build a strong claim for maximum recovery. Once you retain our services, some of the actions we will undertake on your behalf may include:
- Obtaining and reviewing the accident report
- Speaking to witnesses
- Consulting with accident reconstruction specialists and medical experts
- Reviewing pictures and video of your accident and the accident scene
- Gathering all medical and hospital records
- Retaining economists to calculate the full value of your financial losses
We can also draw on our years of experience to provide further insight into your legal matters. We have been serving injury victims in the New York City metropolitan area since 1988, and we have recovered over $500 million for our clients.
Let us put our years of success and experience to work for you. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today to learn more at (212) 732-2929.
We Will Seek the Best Possible Outcome for You and Your Loved Ones
Following a traumatic injury in the line of duty, a Bronx police and firefighter injuries lawyer from Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can advocate for your legal rights. The only thing you have to worry about with our team on your side is getting better.
For more information about how we can help you file a claim or lawsuit, call our team today. Our consultation is free, and there is no obligation. We want you to feel secure in your decision to work with us. Call us today at (212) 732-2929.