The long-lasting physical damage of a trip and fall accident is usually accompanied by financial repercussions as well. The damage you incur can include more than accumulating medical bills. It can also include property damage, lost income, and the embarrassment and humiliation of hurting yourself in a public place.
You are not alone in your fight for financial compensation. Your Bronx lawyer can act as your advocate. Find out about your options for getting financial recovery by speaking with one of the team members at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates.
Pursue Compensation for Your Medical Bills after a Trip and Fall Accident
According to the Mayo Clinic, people of all ages can suffer a trip and fall accident. These accidents can leave you with severe injuries that create immediate and ongoing medical needs which lead to medical bills.
Injuries you might suffer in a trip and fall accident from the impact of the fall (and from trying to break your fall) include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Chronic pain
Besides the pain and suffering associated with physical injuries in a trip and fall accident, other dangers include accident-related medical bills that can accumulate at an alarming rate. If you or a loved one has experienced any of these injuries as the result of a trip and fall accident in the Bronx, you know the physical and financial toll they can take.
Our Team Can Help You with Your Injury-Related Losses
Your Bronx lawyer familiar with trip and fall cases can guide you in ensuring that your immediate, ongoing, and future medical expenses are recovered. We will fight to have every injury-related expense covered with no out-of-pocket cost to you.
Call a member of our team to discuss the ongoing medical expenses these injuries can create and the methods you can use to collect compensation for your medical expenses from the at-fault party.
You Could Recover Both Economic and Non-Economic Expenses
When a trip and fall accident catches you by surprise, you can sustain injuries that leave you with long-lasting physical damage such as chronic pain or arthritis. If you or a loved one was injured in a fall in the Bronx, you may be entitled to financial compensation from the person who was responsible for your accident.
After a trip and fall accident, your physical injuries will require immediate and sometimes long-term medical treatment. Accident-related expenses can include more than medical expenses, however. Each trip and fall accident is unique and can result in a different set of expenses for the victim.
In addition to medical bills, the compensation you might be able to recover in a personal injury claim include:
- Compensation for the pain and suffering associated with your injuries
- Any income you did not earn while you were unable to go back to work
- Loss of pension or retirement benefits
- Cost of repairing or replacing any personal property damaged in your fall
- Mental anguish your injuries caused you
- Adjustments you had to make to your home, like installing a ramp
Your Trip-and-Fall Injury Lawyer Can Help You Prove Liability
Proving liability in a trip and fall accident is complicated and would likely be difficult for you to do on your own. A lawyer can help guide you through the process of proving liability and assigning financial responsibility to the at-fault party, even if that party is the City of New York. We will immediately conduct an investigation which will gather, if applicable:
- Photographs of the condition which caused your fall
- Video depictions of the fall
- Witness statements
- Police reports
- EMS and hospital records
- New York City building records and filings
Your claim for financial compensation must be able to address whether:
- A potential trip and fall hazard was readily apparent to you or to other members of the general public.
- The property owner knew or should have known there was a dangerous condition that could cause an accident on his or her property such as a hole, raised or depressed sidewalk, or even a patch of snow or ice.
- The property owner failed to post signs alerting you to potential dangers.
- In cases against the City of New York or other municipal organizations, the property owner received prior written notice of the dangerous condition within a reasonable amount of time before your accident.
You are entitled to seek recovery from an accident even if you were partially to blame since the property owner is obligated to maintain a reasonably safe environment.
See Your Doctor Right Away to Help Gather Evidence for Your Claim
Have your injuries treated immediately after a trip and fall accident. You should see a doctor to ensure you did not suffer unseen injuries that might show up in the days following the accident. Even if you start to feel better right away, continue to see your health care professional until they advise you are fully recovered.
There Are Time Limits on Personal Injury Cases
It is also important to start preparing your claim for compensation as soon as possible. When you are injured in a trip and fall accident, your time to bring a lawsuit is limited. Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can help you abide by these deadlines as long as you contact us as soon as possible.
If you fail to bring your claim within the deadline, you may be forever barred from receiving the compensation you rightfully deserve. Get started right away.
We Win Fair Settlements for Our Trip-and-Fall Clients
We want to win a settlement or judgment for you, as we have done for past clients. See previous case results below:
- $1.2 million for a man who slipped on an icy ramp attached to a private building
- $1 million for a woman who tripped on a rain mat
- $1.34 million for a woman who required a full knee replacement after tripping over a wire on a subway platform
Call the Attorneys at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today to Get Started
A trip and fall injury lawyer serving the Bronx can build and support your claim for compensation. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates to speak with a member of our team and learn how we can accurately calculate the potential value of your claim for compensation.