If you were injured in an accident that occurred in the Bronx in which you suffered a fall due to a missing or defective handrail, you may be able to file a claim for compensation for your injuries and resulting losses. A Bronx fall caused by lack of handrail on a staircase lawyer will be able to fight on your behalf to recover the compensation you deserve.
If the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, the expenses you have taken on due to your injuries should not have to be paid out of your pocket. To learn more about how a personal injury attorney may be able to assist with your case, contact the legal team of Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929. Above all, our goal is to protect your rights and secure the best possible outcome for you and your loved ones.
Causes of Falls Due to a Lack of a Handrail on Staircases
A staircase without handrails is an inherent risk to anyone using the stairs. Without a handrail, a staircase can be very hazardous, creating conditions that make dangerous falls possible. There are laws in New York that require handrails on some types of staircases. Per the New York State Department of State (DOS), residential stairways with two or more risers must have a minimum of one handrail, placed at a height between 34 inches and 38 inches above the nose. If you were injured on a staircase that did not have a handrail, or that violated the law, you may be able to bring a claim against the party responsible for operating and maintaining the property.
Stairwells can be dangerous, and without proper handrails to help ensure people’s safety, falls can occur, leading to serious injuries. If you fell on a staircase due to a missing handrail, it is important to know the landlord or owner and the managing agent of the property may be liable for your injuries, losses, and other expenses related to your accident. A Bronx fall caused by lack of handrail on a staircase lawyer will be able to provide assistance that holds the responsible party accountable for their negligence and failure in their responsibility to provide a safe stairwell to those using it. Additionally, you should not be forced to pay for the expenses related to your staircase accident out of pocket when the accident was caused by someone else’s failure to ensure a hazard-free environment.
Types of Compensation You May Be Able to Collect
If you were injured in a staircase accident due to a lack of a handrail, you may be able to claim compensation for your losses and damages related to the accident. Among the types of awards you may be able to collect are:
- Pain and suffering due to the accident
- Compensation for the medical expenses and related treatments you have needed, along with compensation for any ongoing and future treatment necessary
- Compensation for your lost wages and any loss of income or benefits if you are unable to return to work or your ability to work has been limited due to your injuries at
How a Lawyer May Be Able to Help You
Suffering an accident that resulted in injuries can create many setbacks in your life. As you manage your recovery, having to deal with medical bills can be crippling, especially when you consider that you may not have any income due to your resulting disability and inability to work. If you find yourself in this position, it will be helpful to discuss your case with a lawyer at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates.
A personal injury lawyer may be able to help you prove and maximize the value of your case in numerous ways. If your accident occurred due to a lack of a handrail, determining liability for the accident will be necessary. Your lawyer will aim to build a strong case to demonstrate how your injury was caused due to the negligence of the property owner, landlord, and or managing agent’s breach of their duty of care, as stated by the Legal Information Institute (LII). Furthermore, using this evidence, your lawyer will be able to pursue financial compensation on your behalf.
Some of the ways in which working with an experienced lawyer will help you include:
- Evaluating the details of your situation to determine if you have a case, and based on the specific circumstances, determining the value of the economic and non-economic damages that you have suffered in order to maximize the recovery that you can obtain.
- Having a top legal team working for you can allow you to focus on your recovery, rather than dealing with overseeing the stressful details of your case.
- Your attorney will deal with the insurance companies involved to advocate on your behalf. In many situations, insurance companies attempt to undercut you with low settlement offers, and having a lawyer to advocate on your behalf will enable you to recognize and reject unfair offers and obtain a fair settlement or proceed to trial to maximize your recovery.
- The process of a personal injury case can be lengthy, and an attorney will offer the benefit of guidance throughout the process. Having an experienced legal team to turn to when you have questions and who can tell you what to expect will offer you a great deal of comfort during very difficult times when you need to concentrate on recovering from your injuries.
- Even if you think you may not be able to afford representation from an attorney, you should be aware that Dansker & Aspromonte Associates work on a contingency-fee-basis, which means you will only pay legal fees when we have recovered financial compensation for your case.
Call (212) 732-2929 today for your free consultation with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates.
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
The professional legal team of Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has been handling personal injury cases on behalf of our clients since 1988, holding responsible parties accountable for their actions and obtaining fair monetary compensation for our clients. Our focus centers on personal injury, and when you work with us, you can be confident that we will always put your needs first. Our aim is to always develop a strong case in order to obtain a full and fair settlement, and if necessary, we are always prepared to go to trial to pursue the compensation you deserve.
To learn more about the ways in which a Bronx fall caused by lack of handrail on a staircase lawyer may be able to help you with your claim and lawsuit after an injury due to a fall, contact our offices today at (212) 732-2929.