If you fell and were injured due to obstacles on a floor or walkway and suffered injuries, you can pursue compensation for the damages, expenses, and losses that you have suffered related to the accident. If the accident occurred due to another party’s negligence, you should not be forced to pay for the resulting expenses. A Bronx fall caused by obstacles on a floor or walkway lawyer will be able to help you pursue monetary compensation. To learn more about the potential of your case and what awards you may seek through a claim and lawsuit to fairly compensate you for the damages you have suffered, contact the team of Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929 today to speak to a legal professional.
The Dangers of Falls Due to Obstacles on a Floor or Walkway
In many instances, slip and fall accidents happen as a result of negligence, creating situations that could have been prevented. Property owners in New York are legally responsible for ensuring their buildings, properties, and premises are safe. If they fail to keep their property safe from hazards or if they do not properly manage hazards that arise, unknowing individuals can be injured.
In New York, slip and fall accidents are the leading cause of hospitalizations for injuries in those age 14 and under and age 25 and over. Slip and fall accidents are also responsible for the highest cause of accidental injury deaths for people over the age of 45, as stated by the New York State Department of Health. Therefore, if you were injured in a fall due to obstacles on a walkway or other flooring, and the accident was due to someone else’s carelessness or breach of their duty of care, you may be eligible for compensation to cover your losses.
Obstacles cluttering a floor or walkway can present many dangers, and in the event of a fall accident, injuries for those involved can be severe. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, as well as the scope of your injuries, your recovery may be extensive.
Some of the Common Injuries After Slip and Fall Accidents
After a slip and fall accident, injuries are very common. The type of fall can play a role in the types of injuries suffered. Your injuries may range from minor to severe to drastically life-changing; therefore, it is important to have an examination done after a fall accident. However, even if you feel alright, it may be helpful to have an examination done by a physician because there are times injuries do not become apparent right away.
Some of the common injuries after a fall due to obstacles cluttering a walkway or floor include the following.
- Soft tissue injuries: sprains, strains, contusions, and torn ligaments or tendons can happen in accidents due to falling, according to John Hopkins Medicine.
- Bone fractures: slip and fall type accidents cause tremendous impact from the body landing on the ground. Broken or fractured bones are common in falls. Among some of the common broken or fractured parts of the body are the wrists, arms, elbows, legs, tailbones, hips, and ankles.
- Head trauma or traumatic brain injuries: in a fall accident that causes the victim to land hard, they may suffer head trauma, such as a fractured skull, concussion, or another type of traumatic brain injury. These types of injuries can require long, difficult recoveries, with the potential of lasting damage.
Compensation You May Be Able to Claim After a Bronx Fall Accident
Due to the many dangers of a slip and fall accident caused by obstacles on a walkway or floor, injuries are common. These can present tremendous costs as well as the loss of income for the injured parties. If you were injured in such an accident, you should discuss your case with an experienced legal professional immediately. A Bronx fall caused by obstacles on a floor or walkway lawyer will help you file a claim and pursue compensation for the economic and non-economic damages that you have suffered.
Among the types of compensation you may be able to collect are:
- Awards for your pain and suffering as a result of your injuries
- Financial compensation for medical expenses and continuing treatment
- Financial compensation for your lost wages or loss of income
- Financial compensation in the event you cannot return to work or are limited in your ability to perform your work duties
A Bronx Personal Injury Attorney May Be Able to Help You
If you are interested in learning more about your options for pursuing a claim after a trip and fall or slip and fall accident, a lawyer may be able to help you. There are numerous ways in which an attorney will be of assistance, including working to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions. Your Bronx personal injury lawyer will aim to build a case that demonstrates that your accident was the result of another party’s negligence, and that party should be held liable for your resulting injuries.
Along these lines, here are some of the additional ways in which a lawyer will be able to assist you with your personal injury case:
- Helping determine if you have a case, and what damages you will be able to pursue
- Providing assistance and preparing filings, ordering records and dealing with the insurance companies involved in order that you may concentrate on your recovery
- Offering legal guidance and advice on how to pursue and strengthen your case in order to present the strongest case possible
- Ensuring you are kept informed throughout the process of the case, along with answering any questions you may have during the process and helping you determine whether to accept a settlement offer or proceed to trial
Your legal team works on a contingency-fee basis which is quite reassuring for many people because this means the legal team does not get paid until you have received monetary compensation for your damages.
Call (212) 732-2929 today for your free consultation with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates.
Contact the Team of Dansker & Aspromonte Associates
If you were injured in a fall due to another party’s negligence, a Bronx fall caused by obstacles on a floor or walkway lawyer can provide assistance with your claim. To learn more about your options for pursuing compensation for your injuries, contact the legal team of Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929 today.