Buildings must go through routine maintenance and repairs in order to keep the building safe and free or dangerous conditions. If a building has structural defects, it puts residents and those visiting the building at risk of getting injured in an accident. Accidents from structural defects may include slips, trips, and falls. If you or a loved one was injured because of a structural defect in a building, there could be multiple parties responsible for your injuries, and you are entitled to compensation.
A Bronx fall caused by structural defects Lawyer can help you pursue the compensation you are entitled to receive. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929 for a free consultation about your case.
Construction Defects Warrant Several Legal Considerations
When you are injured by a fall stemming from structural defects in a building, walkway, or structure, your lawyer may determine where the defect stems from. Some possible sources of the problem include:
- The construction of the structure
- The maintenance of the structure
- The repairs to the structure
- The design of the structure
The origins of the defect are just one of the many factors that your lawyer will consider when determining who might be liable for your injuries. Some factors may come into play when analyzing a construction defect, such as:
- The type of structure that contains the defect
- Who is responsible for the defect (e.g., a contractor)
- The specific cause of the defect
- Who is responsible for maintenance and repairs
- Specific laws, rules and building codes applicable
Insurance and legal issues surrounding defective construction can be complex. Having a lawyer manage your case will allow you to avoid any confusion that might come from handling your case alone.
Defects that Could Cause Injury
Buildings and other structures come in all shapes, sizes, ages, and designs. Many different defects could cause an injury to you or your loved one. According to ScienceDirect, many accidents in construction sites or buildings with structural defects are caused by human error, whether in construction or design.
Some defects that could result in an injury include:
- Uneven flooring
- Uneven stairs
- Building with materials that are prone to crack, break, or lose structural integrity over time
- Allowing heat sources to be exposed
- Faulty or improper electrical wiring
- Weak windows
- Faulty roofing
- Improperly placed support walls
- Building on unsteady ground
Your lawyer can review the specific circumstances of your defect-related accident, identify the defects that caused your injury or loved one’s death, and build a case to hold the at-fault party or parties responsible for your losses.
A Bronx fall caused by structural defects Lawyer can handle your claim and lawsuit from start to finish. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929 for more details on how we can fight for the best possible outcome for you.
Your Lawyer Can Determine Who Is At Fault for Your Injuries
The facts of your case will determine who your lawyer identifies as the party at fault for your losses. Some possible defendants in a lawsuit may include:
- The owner of the property
- The contractor who oversaw the building’s construction
- The contractor who caused or created the dangerous condition
- A developer
- A third-party whose actions or product caused structural damage
More than one party could be responsible for your injuries and related losses. Your lawyer will investigate who had a role in your structural defect accident, then pursue compensation on your behalf.
A Lawyer Can Oversee Your Pursuit of Compensation
Your lawyer will thoroughly prepare your case in order to maximize your recovery whether it be through a settlement or taking the case to trial. You can expect that your lawyer will do the following:
- Protect you from making self-harming statements to insurance representatives or other parties
- Explain to you who is liable for your accident
- Provide a strategy for pursuing and maximizing compensation on your behalf
- Collect evidence regarding your accident and injuries
- Calculate your current and future losses
- File your lawsuit
- Negotiate a settlement or proceed to trial
Injuries You Could Get from Structural Defects
A structural defect accident could leave you with severe injuries that interfere with your ability to function and perform your normal daily activities. Whether you fractured bones, sustained a head injury, or suffered some other type of fall-related injury, you will face numerous health and financial consequences because of the harm you sustained in the accident.
If you sustain an injury from a fall caused by a structural defect, you might experience damages, such as:
- Not being able to work for a substantial period of time
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Long-term damage to your earning power
- Medical expenses
- Diminished cognitive processing
- Diminished memory and concentration
- Changes in your personality
- Changes in your relationships with friends and loved ones
- Severe physical limitations
- Mental health problems
The losses that you suffer because of your resulting injuries will create a financial, physical, and emotional strain on yourself. You may be entitled to compensation from one or more parties who caused or are responsible for the construction defect in question.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
Suffering a fall because of a construction defect could throw your life into chaos.It may affect you and your loved ones for the foreseeable future. A Bronx fall caused by structural defects Lawyer will make it their mission to obtain the compensation that you deserve from the parties responsible.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929 for more details of how we can build your case and work toward the best possible outcome for you.