New York provides strong legal protections for construction workers who are injured on a job site. Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can help you seek compensation for your losses.
In evaluating and building your case, we will:
- Investigate the facts of your accident
- Obtain all incident reports, video surveillance and photographs
- Gather all hospital and medical records proving your injuries
- Provide guidance regarding your claim for Worker’s Compensation benefits
- Prepare your case for trial if necessary
Your case evaluation is free. See how a Brooklyn construction accident lawyer can help today: (212) 540-2987.
Employers Are Responsible for Providing a Safe Place for Workers
You should not have to suffer because of another party’s negligent or unsafe actions. When you work in construction, you should have the tools and protective equipment you need to perform your job safely.
Construction employers and property owners are required by law to provide a safe work environment as well as safety equipment such as:
- Protective gear and equipment to keep workers from falling off ladders and scaffolds
- Well-maintained scaffolding equipment and ladders
- Breathing protection for the mouth and nose such as respiratory gear
- Guards for machine operation
- Protection for workers’ head and face including helmets and eye covering
- Appropriate safety training
Don’t Wait to Take Action
New York’s statute of limitations limits how long injured workers have to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you fail to begin your claim before the statute of limitations expires, you may be forever barred from seeking monetary compensation for your injuries. Also, the sooner you contact our office, the sooner we can begin to gather information while it available such as witness statements and video footage. The more time passes between your accident and the time you decide to file, the greater is the likelihood that evidence that supports your claim will get lost. Lessen the chance of this happening by filing as early as possible. Doing so helps our legal team build a powerful case against the liable party.
The Cost of Filing a Construction Accident Claim in Brooklyn
We realize that it is difficult for many who have suffered from a construction accident injury to pay for legal counsel upfront. With us, you will not have to pay anything unless we win your case. We advance all the expenses for your case, so you have nothing to worry about other than recovering from your injuries.
When we handle your case, you have advocates in your corner because we are serious about standing up for justice for our clients who rely on us.
Our Brooklyn Construction Accident Lawyers Get Results
We devote ourselves to getting our clients the compensation to which they are entitled. Construction accidents can result in serious injuries. We have represented clients with many different types of injuries including:
- Fractured bones
- Tears or disruption of cartilage or tissues
- Injuries that require surgical repair
- Brain damage
- Spinal injuries
- Burns or other scarring injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Here are a few of the past construction accident cases we have handled and their results:
- $3.5 million for a construction worker who suffered a skull fracture, as well as fractured vertebrae in the neck and back, after falling from scaffolding
- $2.25 million for a construction worker who suffered knee and facial fractures after falling from a ladder
- $1.3 million for a construction worker who fell through a hole in scaffolding and suffered a back injury
See how we can help you, too.
Construction Industry Safety Statistics
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reported that in 2018, construction fatalities accounted for slightly more than 21 percent of all worker deaths in the United States.
The top fatalities in construction were:
- Falling from a height or into trenches or other uncovered openings
- Objects striking the worker
- Equipment collapsing on worker
Industry laws and state laws are in place, but there is still much work to do to enforce adherence to the safety laws.
Causes of Brooklyn Construction Site Accidents
Simply put: poorly managed construction sites are dangerous. But they do not only pose a threat to construction workers; pedestrians, motor vehicle drivers, and bicyclists are all at risk when negligent employers fail to maintain safe work zones.
If you or someone you know sustained injuries or lost their lives in a construction accident, our Brooklyn attorneys will hold all liable parties responsible. Our construction accident lawyers demand justice for workers, pedestrians, and any other victim who suffered losses due to negligent site managers.
Unsafe Brooklyn Construction Sites and Workplace Injuries
The Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) lists falling, electrocutions, crushing, and struck-by accidents as the “Fatal Four Hazards” for construction workers. Not only are these the most common work zone accidents, but they are also the most deadly.
According to OSHA’s 2019 construction accident statistics, there is an average of 15 worker deaths per day. Fatal Four injuries stem from various construction work, including:
- Poorly-constructed or missing scaffolds
- Plumbing disasters
- Lack of construction fencing around unsafe areas
- Mechanical system failures
- Inadequate signage
- Defective or missing sprinkler systems
In most cases, these types of injuries stem from employer negligence and are 100% preventable. And when a construction company fails to keep workers safe, they must be held liable. Our Brooklyn construction accident attorneys will seek financial retribution from all responsible parties by proving how their negligence caused your workplace injury.
Unsafe Construction Sites and Citizen Accidents
Individuals walking, biking, or driving near construction sites can suffer catastrophic injuries if the areas are not adequately maintained. Construction mistakes that put Brooklyn residents at risk include:
- Missing or improperly constructed sidewalk sheds
- Defective construction scaffolds
- Poor work zone signage or fencing
If your accident was due to a poorly maintained construction site, trust our team of legal experts to pursue justice. We will evaluate your claim, assess your losses, and make sure you receive maximum compensation for your construction accident damages.
We Help Clients With All Types of Construction Injuries
Our team of construction accident lawyers serving Brooklyn can represent you regardless of your injury.
The cause of injury in some construction cases that we have handled includes those from:
- Falls from ladders or scaffolds
- Trips or slips on dangerous worksite conditions
- Falling objects or construction debris
- Being struck by motor vehicles such as forklifts or dump trucks
- Being trapped or falling between floors
- Unprotected trenches collapsing on workers
- Toxic chemical leaks
- Being struck by unsecured cranes or hoists
- And more
We can help you legally seek compensation for:
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life
- Unpaid medical bills current and future
- Missed wages and overtime, if eligible
- Loss of pension benefits
- Additional expenses with a monetary value that can be linked to your accident
Getting well should be your focus. We will take care of the legal details for you.
Depend on a Construction Accident Lawyer Serving Brooklyn
You were just doing your job trying to make a New York City living when an unfortunate construction accident happened to you in Brooklyn. Our lawyers sympathize with you. We want to fight for you to get the best outcome possible. Our ultimate goal is to get you the financial recovery you are entitled to, and if that means taking your case to trial, we will do it. We can protect your rights and work to secure justice and compensation for you and your loved ones. We have been helping victims like you since 1988.
Call us at (212) 540-2987 and schedule a free case evaluation today. Remember that there are no upfront costs and no risk when you enlist our help.