If you or a loved one has recently experienced a spinal injury due to an accident or incident that was caused even partially by another party, the Brooklyn spinal injury lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can help you fight for the financial compensation you deserve.
A spine injury can involve many different types of injury and levels of seriousness. One particularly devastating spine injury occurs when there is damage to either the spinal cord which sends nerve signals throughout the body or spinal vertebrae which provides stability to the body and protects the spinal cord. These injuries can create debilitating and chronic pain, paralysis or a decreased ability to perform everyday activities such as walking or bending. Other types of commonly diagnosed spine injuries can involve damage to the soft tissues between the bones of the spine referred to spinal disc herniations or bulges. The symptoms of a spinal injury may become apparent immediately after an accident but can also occur days or even weeks later.
According to the Shepherd Center, nearly 17,500 Americans experience a spinal cord injury each year, which amounts to 48 new spinal injuries each day in the U.S. When faced with a spinal injury, you or your loved one may experience a wide variety of debilitating injuries that can cause severe pain, an inability to work and require extensive medical treatment. In fact, The National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (NSCISC) found that 30% of Americans that suffer from spinal cord injuries required repeated hospitalizations following their injury.
If you have been injured in an accident and have been diagnosed with an injury to your spine, you may be able to receive substantial financial compensation for each and every aspect of your damages. Call the dedicated and experienced lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929 to seek the justice you deserve. The consultation is free. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only earn a legal fee if you receive compensation.
We Will Determine What Caused Your Injury
According to the NSCISC, the most common causes of spinal injuries are:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Acts of violence (such as gunshot wounds)
- Sports-related injuries
- Medical complications
The most common cause of all spinal injuries are motor vehicle accidents, which are responsible for 38% of all spinal injuries in America between 2010 and 2016 according to the NSCISC. If you sustained spinal injuries from a motor vehicle accident or other event that was the fault of another, we will investigate the circumstances of the accident and fight for the compensation you deserve. The sooner we can begin to investigate the unique facts and evidence of your injury, the sooner we can begin to build the strongest case for you. A typical case investigation may involve the following:
- Obtaining all police, accident or incident reports of your injury
- Securing witness statements, scene photographs and video footage, if available
- Consulting with experts in accident reconstruction
- Gathering all hospital, medical and rehabilitation records
- Demanding sworn statements and documents from the at-fault party
- Retaining medical experts to evaluate your injuries and future prognosis
- Performing an economic analysis of your financial damages
- Negotiating with the at-fault party for a fair and just settlement
- Preparing your case for trial before a jury, if necessary
Filing a Personal Injury Claim for Spinal Injuries
In the event that your spinal cord injury was caused by an accident that involved negligence, our lawyers are standing by to work for you. There are few things that you must keep in mind immediately after your accident:
- Call the police or request the police at the scene of the accident
- Obtain the names of all witnesses
- Take photographs of the scene or have photographs taken
- Do not speak to an representatives of the at-fault party
- Request medical or hospital attention even if you do not think you have been seriously injured
- Call the experienced lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates as soon as possible after you receive medical attention
Your time to file a claim following an accident is limited regardless of the seriousness of your case. If you fail to bring your claim within the deadline, you may be forever barred from receiving the benefits and financial compensation you would otherwise deserve.
When you retain our spinal injury lawyers, we will guide you through the unfamiliar process of bringing a personal injury claim, protect your rights and build your case while you can focus on your own recovery. Our consultation is free. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929. If we accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only get paid a legal fee if you receive compensation.
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Can Help You
If you or a loved one in Brooklyn suffered from a spinal injury that was the result of another’s negligence, don’t try to manage alone. Our lawyers have been representing victims of serious injuries for decades. When you retain us, we will fight to ensure that you obtain fair and just compensation that addresses each and every aspect of your damages from the date of your injury and into the future. You may be entitled to substantial compensation for the following types of damages depending upon the unique facts and circumstances of your case:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Future pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life and mental anguish
- Past and future lost earnings
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of pension benefits
- In the event of death, funeral and burial expenses
- Any other out of pocket expenses
We are here to help. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929.