Besides serious emotional damage following a wrongful death, surviving family members often feel tremendous financial strain caused by medical bills, lost wages, and funeral expenses when they lose a loved one. When you hire the experienced lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte, we fight for your family so that they receive the financial compensation they deserve while you can focus on healing and recovery.
If our investigation determines that another party was even partially at fault for the accident which caused the death of another, we will bring a claim on your behalf seeking a fair and just recovery which compensates your family for each and every aspect of damage sustained including money for the pain and suffering experienced by your loved one, repayment of all medical expenses and lost earnings, funeral and burial expenses, loss of guidance and support as well as any other out of pocket expenses.
Once you retain us, we will immediately investigate and build your case in order to prove that another party was responsible for the wrongful death of your loved one. Our work may include:
- Obtaining all police, accident and incident reports
- Securing all incident photographs and video footage
- Interviewing all witnesses
- Receiving all hospital and medical records
- Consulting with experts in accident reconstruction and medicine
- Taking sworn statements from the at-fault parties
- Negotiating with the other side for a fair settlement
- Building your case for a trial before a jury if necessary
Not all lawyers are the same. We will use our decades of experience to build a strong case so that we can obtain the best result for you. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929 for a free case evaluation with a member of our team.
Wrongful Death Can Occur in a Wide Variety of Incidents
A wrongful death claim can result from many different kinds of accidents. Some of the types of wrongful death claims we have handled include:
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Pedestrian trip or slip and fall accidents
- Construction worker falls, scaffold collapse or other fatal events
- Building or premises accidents inside or outside buildings
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Recreational accidents
Not every accident is the result of the fault of another. In order to recover financial compensation, we must prove that another party was negligent in acting or failing to act. In a motor vehicle case, for example, that means proving that the driver failed to drive with reasonable care. In a case involving a trip and fall, we would look to prove that the property owner knew or should have known about a dangerous defect or hazard on their property before the accident. These are just two examples of what your lawyer would need to prove in a successful wrongful death claim. The lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte have the experience and dedication to fight for the compensation you deserve.
You May Be Entitled To Substantial Damages
If you have lost a loved one due to the fault of another, our lawyers will demand a financial recovery for each and every type of damage that justice entitles you to claim. Each case is unique and the type and amount of damages you may receive is dependent upon the facts and circumstances of your case, Generally, you may be entitled to receive financial compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering experienced before death
- Loss of wages to the family
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of guidance and support
- Any other out of pocket expenses
Your Time To File a Claim Is Limited
Call the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates now at (212) 732-2929 if your loved one died as the result of the fault of another. Your time to bring a claim is limited. If you fail to bring a claim within the deadline, you may be forever barred from receiving the compensation you deserve. Your consultation is free. If you choose to retain us to work for you, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We will advance all legal expenses and we will only receive a legal fee if you receive compensation.
We Can Negotiate a Settlement or Fight for a Jury Verdict
While you are grieving the loss of your loved one, we will fight for you so you can concentrate on your recovery. We will investigate and build your case for trial before a jury if the at-fault party or their representative is not willing to pay fair and just financial compensation.
A few of our wrongful death settlements and awards include:
- $21.5 million for the family of a sanitation worker who was thrown from his speeding truck
- $3.5 million after a developmentally disabled man who accidentally stepped in front of a city bus passed away due to his injuries
- $4.2 million for the estate of a Parks employee who suffered fatal injuries when he was struck by heavy machinery while he was waiting for his salt spreader to be loaded
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929 for your free case evaluation today.