According to information compiled from Johns Hopkins Medicine, medical errors cause over 250,000 deaths per year. If you or a loved one has been damaged, suffered health complications or even died due to medical malpractice, you could be facing consequences including chronic pain and suffering, lifelong disabilities, extensive medical treatment and loss of income or wages. All medical professionals must uphold a standard of care when administering treatment to patients and must act in accordance with how a reasonable professional in the same situation would. If they do not, they can be found responsible for any ensuing damages.
If you suffered serious injuries or a loved one passed away because of medical malpractice, you have legal options. A medical malpractice lawyer serving Manhattan from Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can take on your burdens during this challenging time. They can investigate the details of your situation, gather evidence that supports your claim, and fight for compensation on your behalf.
To get started with a free case review, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929.
Examples Cases of Common Malpractice Committed
The New York Department of Health reported that between 2014 and 2017, there were over 9,500 instances of “adverse events” relating to medical malpractice.
Some of the instances covered by these reports include:
- Patient deaths
- Failure to diagnose treatable conditions including cancer
- Doctors performing the wrong procedure
- Doctors performing a procedure on the wrong patient
- Improperly administering radiation
- Foreign objects being left in patients’ bodies during surgery
- Improperly administering anesthesia
If you believe that you were mistreated or harmed without proper justification because of one or more errors by a medical professional or facility, you are not alone. When you work with a Manhattan medical malpractice lawyer, they can take into account state law and legal precedent while handling your case. To learn more, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today.
Examples of Medical Malpractice We Can Handle
When we seek the help of a medical professional, our expectation is to receive care that promotes our safety and wellbeing. No matter the reasoning behind your medical malpractice case, you have the right to hold the negligent party responsible for your injuries and pursue compensation that reflects the scope of your losses.
Some specific examples of medical malpractice that may have occurred in your situation include:
- Diagnosing you with an incorrect condition
- Failing to diagnose and treat a medical condition
- Failing to properly administer anesthesia
- Failing to properly diagnose and treat complications during childbirth
- Failing to properly monitor pregnancy
- Failing to make you aware of all your treatment options
- Ordering a high-risk procedure when other treatment options were available
- Performing the wrong procedure on you
- Failing to respond appropriately to an emergency situation
- Failing to consult your medical history when administering treatment
- Failing to disclose a medication’s adverse side effects
Medical professionals are held to a high standard of care, and for a good reason—lives are on the line. If you suspect that medical error caused you serious injury or resulted in the death of a loved one, you have legal options. To learn more about what they are, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving Manhattan, call (212) 732-2929
Determining Who Is at Fault for Medical Malpractice
Every medical malpractice situation is different. In some cases, the attending doctors could be found responsible for their poor judgment or error. In others, the medical facility itself can be found liable for your damages. There are many instances where both the attending doctor(s) and the medical facility where treatment was rendered can both be responsible for the malpractice committed and be held liable. When you work with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we can assign liability and then move forward with recovering the cost of your damages.
Some of the potential defendants in a medical malpractice lawsuit can include:
- A medical professional directly responsible for harm to you or your loved one
- A healthcare facility such as a hospital
- An individual medical administrator
There are various circumstances where a medical facility could be found liable for medical error.
Such instances may include:
- When the doctor who commits the malpractice is an employee of the facility
- When the patient seeks care from the facility rather than a particular physician
- When a facility’s administration allows a doctor to practice who is not certified to do so
- When a medical facility fails to properly and adequately supervise its employees
- When a medical facility fails to properly and adequately maintain its equipment
In some situations, multiple parties can be implicated in your case. During your free consultation with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, you can learn in more detail what this could mean for you.
How a Manhattan Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Help with Your Case
Once your legal team determines who is at fault for your losses, your lawyer will first diligently prepare your case for trial in order to be in a strong position to negotiate a settlement agreement. Yet, if these methods prove futile, your legal team will be prepared to move forward and seek a jury verdict in your favor to compensate you or your family for the losses and damages sustained due to the malpractice.
This process may include:
- Filing your case in the appropriate court as soon as possible
- Investigating the details of your situation
- Collecting documentation of your injuries and any medical procedures in question
- Calculating the cost of your economic and noneconomic losses
- Taking care of all legal services necessary to complete your lawsuit
- Exploring settlement options
- Defending your rights
To be successful, we must establish that because of another party’s medical malpractice, you have suffered serious injuries or the death of a loved one resulting in damages and financial losses. Our goal at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates is to get the maximum amount of financial compensation to help put your life back on track.
Yet, depending on your situation, you may not have long to act. The statute of limitations limits how long you have to pursue your claim, In certain situations the time may be very short. If a municipal entity such as the City of New York owned the hospital or medical facility involved or employed the doctor you may have as little as 90 days to file a Notice of Claim in order to be able to pursue your case.
Manhattan Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
Compensation to Which You May Be Entitled
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, you may be entitled to compensation for any of the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Loss of parental guidance
Call Our Team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
Since 1988, our legal team has been defending the rights of injured claimants throughout the New York metropolitan area. After suffering a severe injury or the death of a loved one due to the improper or poor treatment received from a healthcare provider or facility, you need to speak to a medical malpractice lawyer. At Dansker and Aspromonte we know how difficult this time can be for you and your family. We want to get to work immediately, advocating and fighting on behalf of you and your family.
Get help from a Manhattan medical malpractice lawyer at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929. Call for a free consultation today.