Municipalities may be responsible for injuries caused by uneven, cracked, or otherwise defective roads. Crossing the street is an unavoidable fact of life for many who live and work in Manhattan, and a pedestrian could be seriously injured in a fall caused by dangerous or improperly maintained roads. If you or a loved one was the victim of injuries caused by poorly-maintained road or dangerous condition in the roadway , a Manhattan fall caused by uneven or cracked roads lawyer can help you pursue compensation to potentially cover your injury-related losses.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929 to find out how we will fight for the best possible legal or insurance outcome for you or a loved one.
Walking Around New York City Has Its Risks
In New York City, walking on the city’s roads is a routine activity for many. Crossing the streets of Manhattan would be routine under regular conditions, but The New York Times notes that crowded sidewalks have made pedestrians start using the road to get around.
Walking on the roads of Manhattan means that, if those roads are cracked, uneven, or otherwise in disrepair, pedestrians are at risk of suffering a serious injury in a trip and fall accident.
Unrepaired Roads Endanger Your Health
When governmental and private parties do not tend to the state of their roads, they may become:
- Littered with potholes
Several injuries could occur because of unrepaired roads. These injuries may include:
- Ankle and leg injuries, which MedlinePlus explains may include bone fractures
- Injuries to tendons and other ankle-adjacent body parts
- Broken wrists
- Broken bones in your hands
- Broken bones in your arms
- Broken hips
- Knee injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
Injuries may show symptoms the moment you fall and hit the ground, while other injuries may show symptoms days, weeks, or even months after the accident. You should seek medical attention to prevent further damage from developing. These sorts of injuries could prevent you from working, cause you substantial pain, and leave you with symptoms that may be permanent or linger long into the future.
You may be able to hold the parties responsible for the road and dangerous condition that caused your fall accountable for your injuries and resulting medical costs and other losses. A Manhattan fall caused by uneven or cracked roads can represent you and pursue any awards or compensation that you are entitled to collect. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929 for a free consultation about our services.
For a free legal consultation with a uneven or cracked roads lawyer serving Manhattan, call (212) 732-2929
A Lawyer Can Help You Seek Compensation After a Trip and Fall Accident
A lawyer can help you determine who may be held responsible for your injuries and then pursue compensation to cover your damages and losses. The City of New York may be held responsible for maintaining Manhattan’s road conditions. Additionally, contractors who create a dangerous condition or improperly install or repair the road can be held liable for the injuries and resulting damages that you have suffered.
Upon accepting your case, your lawyer will determine who could be held responsible for your fall-related injuries and damages. After determining whether the City of New York or other parties are at fault and responsible for your accident, your lawyer can:
- Examine relevant laws statutes, rules and local ordinances
- Pursue compensation based on the facts of your accident
- Explain your legal options for pursuing compensation
Your lawyer will collect evidence pertaining to your accident, document your injuries, and consult experts to provide testimony that supports your case.
Additionally, your lawyer may:
- Interview witnesses to your accident or the conditions that caused your accident
- Handle all communications with insurance agents and attorneys
- Calculate the amount of compensation that you might be entitled to receive
- Negotiate a pre-trial settlement
- Proceed to trial if necessary
Your lawyer will fight for your rights and guide you through the process in order to maximize the compensation that you are entitled to. Your lawyer will handle the legal process so that you can rest and recover from your injuries If you have any questions, you can contact your legal team for status updates on your case and to obtain any additional information that you may need.
Defining Negligence in a Trip and Fall Case
. A municipality or another defendant in your case might be considered negligent if they:
- Created a dangerous condition in the road while making repairs
- Improperly repaired the roadway causing or creating a dangerous condition
- Allowed a road to become uneven over time without repaving the road
- Allowed potholes to emerge and grow without repairing them
- Allowed a road to become cracked and stay that way
- Allowed a road hazard to go unrepaired without any warnings or barriers to protect pedestrians or bike riders from being injured by the dangerous condition in the road
The party or parties named in your case could be held responsible because of any overt acts they took or steps that they did not take to protect you from suffering an injury.
Manhattan Uneven or Cracked Roads Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
A Manhattan fall caused by uneven or cracked roads lawyer can review your case and advocate for the maximum compensation that you are entitled to receive. The team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates will fight for you to get the best possible outcome for your case.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929 for a free consultation.