If you or a loved one suffered a serious concussion due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to substantial compensation. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to is dependent upon the full extent of your pain and suffering, lost wages, out-of-pocket medical costs, and other damages.
You may feel overwhelmed by your situation as you adjust to the changes the concussion has had on your life. A New York concussion injuries lawyer can help you fight for the fair and just compensation you deserve so that you can concentrate on your recovery.
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we believe personal injury victims deserve an experienced and dedicated team of lawyers working for them. If the concussion you or your loved one experienced is due to the careless actions of another person, let us handle your case. We offer a free case evaluation.
You have nothing to lose by reaching out to our team today. Call us now to learn how you can protect your rights and begin the process of building a strong claim.
Learn How Concussion Injuries Happen
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines a concussion as a “bump, blow, or jolt to the head or by a hit to the body that causes the head and brain to move rapidly back and forth.” The sudden motion can result in damaged brain cells and chemical changes in the brain.
According to Mayo Clinic, a concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury (TBI). The severity of your or your loved one’s injury can vary greatly. In some instances, a concussion will completely resolve after a few months. In other instances, a concussion can have lifelong effects, causing chronic pain, limiting your ability to perform daily activities, and requiring medical treatment for years.
A concussion can result from a variety of traumatic accidents due to the negligence of others. The most common causes of a concussion that we have handled include:
- Traffic accidents: These accidents may involve a car, truck, or motorcycle operated by a drunk, distracted, aggressive, or otherwise negligent driver.
- Slip and fall accidents: These accidents may cause a victim to fall due to a property owner or other responsible party failing to repair known hazards, such as broken stairs or walkways, torn carpets, or inoperable parking lot lights.
- Construction and workplace accidents: These accidents may occur because of unsafe practices of a general contractor or other party working at a job site.
- Other types of accidents: You or a loved one could have faced a concussion after a bicycle accident, boat accident, child injury, dog bite, firefighter accident, or abuse in a nursing home.
The long-term effects of a concussion can impact your or your loved one’s cognitive and motor functions. Changes in behavior, emotions, and the ability to experience sensations (such as touch and taste) are also possible.
Your or your loved one’s life might not return to the way it was before the accident. Because of the potentially catastrophic effects of a concussion, the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates will carefully investigate the full range of medical and emotional injuries you sustained so that we can seek fair and just compensation. Our team will take all of your damages into consideration.
For a free legal consultation with a concussion injury lawyer serving New York, call (212) 732-2929
Types of Compensation You Could Seek in a New York Injury Case
If your concussion resulted from someone else’s negligence, you could seek compensation from the liable party. Your concussion could leave you facing painful symptoms that require a range of costly medical treatment. You could even be facing time off of work. Our attorneys can seek compensation for your:
- Pain and suffering: Concussion injuries could leave you with painful and even chronic headaches. If your well-being suffered as a result of a concussion, you could seek compensation.
- Medical bills: Your concussion could have left you with bills for emergency room visits, diagnostic testing, medications, follow-up visits to a doctor, and other costs.
- Lost wages: In some cases, your doctor may advise that you rest to heal from concussion injuries. You may have needed to miss work as a result.
- Reduced earning capacity: Concussions may sound like mild injuries, but some people can experience long-term complications, such as symptoms of vertigo or chronic headaches (per Mayo Clinic). This could leave you unable to return to your former job, and this loss could be compensable.
Our team can investigate your case and tell you what forms of damages you could seek.
New York Concussion Injury Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
How Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Can Help You
In order to have a successful personal injury claim, our lawyers will investigate the unique facts and circumstances of your accident so that we can prove with evidence that your injuries were the result of someone else’s fault. To do this we must show that:
- The other party or parties owed you or your loved one a duty of care.
- The party or parties’ actions or inactions breached their duty of care.
- This breach caused your injuries or those of your loved one.
- You or your family sustained damages because of the defendant’s actions or inactions.
When you hire us to fight for you, the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates will immediately get to work investigating the facts of your case, moving to preserve evidence and ensure that all necessary claims are filed in a timely manner.
In our decades of litigation, we know that the strength of your case may depend upon the quality and thoroughness of this investigation which may include:
- Securing witness statements and video footage
- Obtaining accident and police reports
- Taking photographs and scene diagrams
- Getting all medical and hospital records
- Retaining the best and most qualified experts
Our attorneys treat every case with respect and compassion. If you or a loved one suffered a concussion due to no fault of your own, take action now. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for a free case evaluation at (212) 732-2929.
Our Lawyers Will Deal with the Challenges of a New York Concussion Injury Case
Unfortunately, we know that you could face roadblocks as you seek the compensation you deserve for a concussion injury case. The liable party’s insurance company may attempt to downplay your injuries, among other unfair tactics. Our team will deal with all of these challenges for you, however.
We can stand up for your side of the story if you are facing:
- Claims that your injuries aren’t serious
- Claims that you made your own injuries worse
- Unfair delays in the legal process
- Outright denial of your claim for compensation
You don’t have to deal with the insurance companies and other lawyers for the at fault party on your own. We can help.
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Will Work for You Based on Contingency Fees
Many of our prospective clients are concerned about the potential cost of paying for a lawyer. Our concussion injuries lawyers don’t require any upfront payment to get started, however.
We work based on contingency fees, which means that we only receive a payment as a portion of your final settlement or award. You don’t have to finance an injury case through your savings. This means that there is no financial risk involved for you in hiring a lawyer from our team.
What Our Past Clients Had to Say About Working with Our Attorneys
You don’t have to take our word for it as you choose the right firm to represent your case. Consider what some of our past clients had to say about working with us:
- “They are the best in the industry. They worked hard for my family to get the justice we deserved. I was very comfortable working with them, they made me feel like they were family. Always attentive, kind and responsive. I still feel like I need to call them for the holidays!” —Madelin F.
- “It’s my pleasure to share my experiences with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates. From my initial meeting with an attorney through to the end of my time with the firm, the quality of services was exceptional. All contacts with the firm via phone and in person were professional and I was prepared each step of the way to manage outside appointments and any contacts with opposing counsel… Quality at its best!!!” —Willie T.
What to Do If You Have Been Involved in an Accident
If you or a loved one are injured in an accident, the actions you take immediately afterward can have a positive or negative effect on the strength of your case. The following is a short list of things you should keep in mind: before you speak with our lawyers:
- Call the police and/or have an accident report completed if possible
- Obtain medical attention immediately
- Secure the names and contact information of any witnesses
- Take photographs of the incident location and your injuries
- Do not speak to any representatives of the at-fault party
- Do not post on social media about your accident or injuries
- Follow all medical instructions
- Retain all medical documentation and receipts for out-of-pocket expenses
- Obtain immediate legal advice and representation
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
Since 1988, our lawyers have represented concussion victims just like you. In the case of Jovita H. v. Jonathan Cass, Inc. we represented an elderly person who suffered brain damage similar to a concussion due to another driver’s negligent actions. We received a verdict for $1 million in damages.
The outcome of your personal injury case depends upon the unique facts and circumstances of your case. If you have been injured by someone else, let our team help you get the fair and just compensation you deserve. Don’t delay. Your time to file a claim for damages is limited. If you fail to file your claim by this deadline, you may be forever barred from receiving the financial compensation you are entitled to.
A concussion is a serious injury that can require medical care throughout your or your loved one’s life. If another person’s reckless actions caused your injury, call us for a free case evaluation now to discuss how we might be able to hold them liable for your damages. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money up front. We only earn a fee if you receive compensation.
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates serves the New York City metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island, along with Nassau and Suffolk counties.