If you recently suffered a skull fracture caused by the fault of another party, you may be able to file an insurance claim or lawsuit for damages. When negligence is involved in an accident that leads to injuries, claimants can seek compensation against the at-fault party. At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, a New York fractured skulls lawyer may be able to help you fight for compensation.
Once we are retained by you, we will begin an investigation of the facts and circumstances of your accident. The evidence we gather will assist us in building your claim so that we are able to:
- Determine whether negligence of another caused or contributed to your accident
- Evaluate your economic and noneconomic damages
- Assess your options for financial recovery
- File a timely claim or lawsuit on your behalf, if necessary
Our ultimate goal is to get the best possible outcome for you and your family, even if it means taking your case to a jury at trial. To learn more in a free consultation, reach out to our team today at (212) 732-2929.
Potential Causes of Your Skull Fracture injury
According to UC Health, a skull fracture is a type of head injury in which the skull bone is broken. These types of injuries are also known as traumatic brain injuries or TBIs. As stated by UNC Health, skull fractures may lead to “bleeding in or around the brain, brain damage, leaking of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), infection, and seizures.”
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we have decades of experience providing exceptional legal representation into victims of skull fractures in the following types of accidents:
- Construction and workplace accidents
- Motor vehicle and bicycle accidents
- Premises and sidewalk accidents
- Police and firefighter injuries
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Medical malpractice
In order to diagnose a skull fracture, a doctor may use x-rays, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), or computed tomography (CT) scans. These tests can become expensive, especially if you do not have adequate health insurance coverage.
However, when you work with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we can factor each expense into the value of your case while we fight for compensation on your behalf. We encourage you to reach out to our team today.
For a free legal consultation with a fractured skulls lawyer serving New York, call (212) 732-2929
Types of Skull Fractures
Johns Hopkins Medicine reports that there are four different types of skull fractures.
After being evaluated by a medical professional, skull fractures are usually broken down into the following types:
- Linear skull fractures. These fractures can cause “a break in the [skull] bone, but it does not move the bone.” These types of fractures typically do not require extensive hospitalization or surgery but still can be extremely painful.
- Depressed skull fractures. Sometimes, this type of injury can result in a laceration around the affected site. Because these injuries can cause a part of the skull to collapse, you may require surgery to correct any deformities.
- Diastatic skull fractures. These injuries can occur along the suture lines in the skull, which are the part of the skull that expand during development. These injuries are frequently seen in babies and young children.
- Basilar skull fractures. This injury is considered the most dangerous type of skull fracture, causing bruises around the eyes and behind the ears.
Speaking to a medical professional can provide more insight into your condition and what treatment options are available. While undergoing treatment, you should keep all documents related to your care. This can include the dates of follow-up appointments, the names of prescribed medications, and other relevant information.
New York Fractured Skulls Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
Evidence for Your New York Skull Fracture Case
The lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates will investigate the circumstances that led to your injury. During our investigation, we may be able to uncover various pieces of information that can be used to establish negligence in your case.
Some forms of evidence in your case could include:
- Police, accident or incident reports
- Witness statements
- OSHA or other accident investigation records
- Medical records, including statements from the attending doctor
- Photos of the accident scene
- Surveillance video, if available
- Sworn statements under oath from the other party or parties
- Expert reports from accident investigators or medical doctors
When you call our team today, we will offer you a free case review to discuss your legal options. A member of our staff can explain in more detail what pieces of information could bolster your case. We are eager to learn more about your situation and explain how we can help. To get started, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929.
Compensable Losses Following a Skull Fracture
While you recover from your injuries, our New York fractured skull lawyers will fight for you to receive the substantial financial compensation you deserve.
Every case is unique and based upon facts and circumstances in your case. Generally, if your injuries are due to the fault of another, you are entitled to fair and just compensation for each and every aspect of your damages which may include:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Future pain and suffering for all injuries
- Out of pocket medical expenses
- Future out of pocket medical expenses
- Lost wages in the past or future
- Reduced earning capacity
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of pension benefits
- Any other unreimbursed expenses caused by your injuries
In the event that a skull fracture or other injury caused in the accident result in death, a family member or other representative has the right to bring a wrongful death claim and demand the following additional damages not otherwise listed above:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of household services
- Loss of guidance and support
You may be able to recover additional damages to those we have included here. This is not meant to serve as an exhaustive list of compensable losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Seek Justice With Dansker & Aspromonte Associates
Since 1988, our team has recovered over $450 million for people throughout New York City and the surrounding areas. We provide legal representation to claimants in Manhattan, Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Nassau County, and Suffolk County. In one case we handled, we recovered $6.5 million for a woman who suffered multiple skull fractures after being hit by a passing motor vehicle. In another situation, we recovered $3.5 million for an undocumented worker who suffered a skull fracture after falling 30 feet.
We want to get started securing the best possible outcome for you and your loved ones today. To learn more about your legal options, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929. Don’t delay. Your time to bring a claim for financial compensation is limited. If you fail to bring your claim within the deadline, you may be forever prevented from receiving the compensation you deserve.
If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only earn a legal fee if you receive compensation for your injuries.