Your brain is arguably the most vital organ in your body. If damaged, you may not be able to perform daily functions and, as a result, suffer a significantly reduced quality of life. So if a negligent party caused you to suffer a brain injury, let our New York traumatic brain injury attorneys demand justice for your losses.
The legal professionals at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates have a proven track record of success in securing substantial settlements and verdicts for brain injury victims. Learn more about your rights by scheduling a free case review with our New York team.
Our New York Lawyers Build Strong Traumatic Brain Injury Claims
After a severe head injury, you may suffer extensive damage to your quality of life, experience severe pain and require surgeries or rehabilitation. Often, brain injuries cause catastrophic medical bills and lost wages.
Sorting out your finances while working to overcome a brain injury is overwhelming. But with a qualified New York traumatic brain injury (TBI) attorney on your side, you can pursue fair compensation to recoup all of your physical, emotional and economic losses.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for a free case evaluation. If we agree to accept your case, our office will do the following:
- Walk you through the civil litigation process and help you understand your legal options
- Evaluate your accident to identify the at-fault party (or parties)
- Collect and preserve evidence like witness testimonies, medical records, and accident reports
- Demand sworn statements from all at fault parties
- Consult with your doctors
- Retain experts
- Gather all employment or lost wages information if applicable
- Negotiate for a fair and reasonable settlement from the liable party
- Present your case in front of a jury at trial in Court if necessary
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving New York, call (212) 732-2929
What Is Traumatic Brain Injury?
Traumatic brain injuries result from forceful contact to the head and skull. The trauma disrupts the brain’s ability to function. These injuries can lead to permanent neurological damage depending on how severe the trauma is and which area of the brain is affected.
A TBI may be classified as closed or open. Closed-head injuries stem from physical wounds to the head or rapid movement causing the brain to move from its natural position and strike the skull wall. Open-head brain injuries break the skull bones and damage the brain’s soft tissue.
Examples of TBIs that our brain injury attorneys often see include:
- Concussions: A minor brain injury after the brain or head suffers shaking or blunt force trauma.
- Contusions: Traumatic force bruises the brain tissue, causing small blood vessels to leak and create pressure in the skull.
- Penetrating brain injuries: An object pierces the skull and comes into contact with the brain to cause extensive neurological damage.
- Anoxic injuries: A shortage of oxygen to the brain causes cells to die, resulting in traumatic brain damage.
Symptoms of TBI
TBI symptoms can include a range of behaviors, including:
- Difficulty breathing
- Feeling dazed, confused, and forgetful
- Answering questions slowly
- Exhibiting drastic fluctuations in mood
- Losing consciousness
In addition, a person suffering from a traumatic brain injury may experience:
- Frequent dizziness
- Blurry vision
- Light or noise sensitivity
- Memory and cognitive problems
- Symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Frequent head pain
After suffering any type of physical trauma to the head, you should seek medical attention from a healthcare professional. If you are diagnosed with a TBI, your personal injury lawyer can use your medical records to prove your injury and recover compensation for medical expenses.
New York Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
What Causes Traumatic Brain Injuries in New York
TBIs can occur in anyone. According to the Brain Injury Association of New York State, an average of 48,357 children under 19 visit the emergency room for a traumatic brain injury every year. The majority of TBIs in children result from sports and recreational activities.
For New York adults, TBIs are frequently caused by:
- Car accidents
- Bike and pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle collisions
- Slip and falls
- Workplace incidents (including construction accidents)
- Medical malpractice
- Physical violence
- Nursing home abuse
The legal experts at our injury law firm have experience handling TBI cases. We work with clients of all ages, from infants to those over 65. If a negligent party caused your trauma, we will fight for fair and reasonable compensation for your damages.
Should I File a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawsuit?
If you sustained a traumatic brain injury because of another person or entity’s negligent or careless actions, New York law gives you the right to make a claim for compensation.In many instances, a TBI treatment is costly and possibly lifelong.
In addition, brain injuries can lead to lifelong disabilities and a decrease in future earning potential. A personal injury claim allows you to demand compensation for these losses.
The first step in proving your right to recover for a brain injury is establishing that somefault party caused your brain injury.. An accident lawyer does this by proving that the at-fault party breached their obligation to act in a reasonable manner, and that their actions led to your brain injuries.
Even if you are not sure if you have the right to make a claim for compensation,, schedule a free consultation with one of the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929. Don’t delay as there are deadlines that limit your rights. If you fail to bring your claim before the deadline expires, you could be forever prevented from recovering the compensation you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much Can I Sue for a Brain Injury in New York?
Every case is unique and there is no fixed amount of money that you can recover after a brain injury. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to will depend upon many variables in your case based upon the fault of the other party or parties, your injuries, medical expenses and economic damages.
In general however, you may be able to recover for the following types of damages:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Future pain and suffering if your injuries are deemed permanent
- Medical bills, such as hospital stays, diagnostic testing, and brain surgeries
- Rehabilitative costs
- Lost earnings
- Loss of quality of life
- Out-of-pocket expenses due to the accident
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of services to your spouse or children
You may be able to recover other damages not listed here. Every case is unique.
Contact a Qualified Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in New York
It’s time to hold the at-fault party accountable for your losses, and the traumatic brain injury lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates are here to help. We have spent decades fighting for injury victims just like you.
Call us today to learn more about your options. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only collect a legal fee when you recover compensation.
Contact us now to schedule your free case review and start seeking justice for your personal injuries.