If you experienced serious injuries due to a bicycle accident caused by a negligent driver or dangerous roadway condition, you may be entitled to damages. A Queens bicycle accident lawyer from Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can help you. Should your case be successful, you may be able to collect compensation for medical bills, time away from work, and pain and suffering.
Call the team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates now for a free case evaluation at (212) 732-2929. You owe us no attorney’s fees unless we recover damages on your behalf.
Demonstrating Liability for Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
Bicyclists in New York City have the same rights—and responsibilities—of motor vehicle drivers. Yet, there are some exceptions, such as rules and regulations regarding bike lanes.
Demonstrating liability is where a Queens bicycle accident lawyer can help you. Our legal team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has the resources to identify the responsible parties in personal injury and wrongful death cases. Our team will work to prove that the at-fault party in your case violated a traffic or roadway maintenance or construction law. If you were struck by a motor vehicle the driver may have failed to act reasonably in not checking his or her blind spot or failing to yield to you in a bike lane as required. If your accident was caused by a dangerous or defective condition that you struck in the road, that condition may have been the result of negligent construction or maintenance by the City of New York or another contractor.
Negligent Actions That Can Contribute to Bicycle Accidents
It only takes a second for a driver to engage in dangerous activity behind the wheel or for your bike to strike a dangerous or defective condition in the road. That split second is one that can change your life forever.
Examples of negligent actions that often contribute to bicycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving. This occurs when a driver takes their eyes off the road, hands off the wheel, or their mind off driving altogether.
- Drunk driving. If a driver gets behind the wheel after even a few drinks, they put everyone at an increased risk of harm.
- Aggressive driving. When a driver engages in road rage, they can make poor decisions that they otherwise would not.
- Negligent roadway repairs. Construction companies working for cable, electrical, plumbing or gas contractors regularly dig into the road in order to install or maintain pipes in the ground but leave depressions or bumps in the road which when struck by a bicycle can cause an accident.
- Unrepaired potholes. The City of New York has a responsibility to maintain the roads and repair potholes that they have been advised about
No matter how your accident happened, the attorneys at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates want to hear from you. We can investigate your collision, interview witnesses, and examine relevant evidence to assign liability. We understand that a bicycle accident takes a moment to occur and can result in a lifetime of physical, financial, and emotional suffering for victims. Call us today.
Consequences of a Bicycle Accident in Queens
A bicycle accident can leave you with serious injuries that limit your ability to work, impede your plans for the future, and leave you with lifelong disabilities.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2018, more than 850 bicyclists were killed in collisions nationwide. If you lost a loved one in a bicycle accident caused by a negligent driver or dangerous roadway condition, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim.
Depending on your relationship with the person who passed away, you may be able to pursue money damages for the following losses.
- Pain and suffering and mental anguish of the deceased from the moment of the incident to death
- Final medical costs for your loved one
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of income and estimated future earnings
- Loss of companionship, support and guidance
Upon a careful review of the bicycle accident that injured you—or one that resulted in the death of a loved one—our legal team can help you pursue the compensation you need. A personal injury or wrongful death claim is a civil action that allows us to seek damages on your behalf.
No one should pay out-of-pocket for medical or funeral costs that occur as a result of the fault of someone else. If you suffered serious injuries in a bicycle accident or lost a loved one, a Queens bicycle accident lawyer can serve justice.
To get started, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates now at (212) 732-2929.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Queens, call (212) 732-2929
Recovering Damages After a Queens Bicycle Accident
While each case is different, we can pursue the following damages if applicable from the party responsible for your bicycle accident even if the injuries sustained does not result in death:
- Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life
- Medical expenses, including emergency services, hospitalization, and doctor’s fees
- Ongoing medical costs, such as rehabilitation, therapies, and medications
- Lost wages from time spent away from work due to your injuries and treatment
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from returning to the same job as before
- Miscellaneous expenses, such as childcare or yard work if your injuries required you to hire someone, renovating your house or your car to accommodate your disability, or parking fees at your doctor’s office
If the driver responsible for your bicycle accident is criminally charged, it has no bearing on your civil case. You still have the ability to pursue damages even if they are undergoing criminal prosecution. Fight for the justice you deserve by reaching out to Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today.
Trust Our Results
While our previous results do not guarantee we will be able to get you a settlement; however, it shows that we have spent years fighting for our clients—and succeeding. Some of the settlements and awards we have obtained for previous clients include:
- $6.25 million for a bike deliveryman who was struck by a rental van
- $3.3 million for a woman who ran over a pothole on her bike and suffered severe facial injuries
- $2.4 million for a man who ran over an improperly maintained traffic control sensor and suffered severe injuries to his arm
Queens Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
Let Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Protect Your Best Interests
A tragic bicycle accident turns your world into days filled with doctors, worry, and stress. Let our legal team protect your best interests.
Some of the services our staff provides include:
- Filing all documentation and paperwork to the appropriate offices
- Collecting evidence to support your claim
- Consulting with medical professionals to learn more about your injuries
- Negotiating for a settlement that encompasses your losses
- Keeping you updated on the legal proceedings
- Calculating the cost of your damages
- Taking your case to court, if necessary
If you suffered serious injuries or lost a loved one in a bicycle accident caused by a negligent driver or dangerous roadway condition, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for a free case evaluation at (212) 732-2929.