A collision between a large bus and a passenger vehicle, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian, or stationary object can have devastating consequences. It can result in catastrophic physical injuries and property damage.
If you were injured in a bus collision, your accident-related expenses should not come out of your pocket. Instead, a Queens bus accident lawyer can help you hold the at-fault party accountable for the injuries that you suffered and the financial aftermath of the collision.
If you were the victim of a bus accident in Queens, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your rights as soon as possible. When you call Dansker & Aspromonte we will help you explore the legal options available to you. The initial consultation is free. Call us at (212) 732-2929.
A Queens Bus Accident Lawyer Can Help with Your Claim or Lawsuit
A collision with a large bus can cause devastating physical injuries. Depending on your situation, you could be facing lifelong disabilities, time away from work, and psychological and economic distress.
To recover compensation after a bus accident in Queens, you must prove that the accident was caused by the driver of the bus and/or the driver of another vehicle.
A Queens bus accident lawyer with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can help you with your claim and potential lawsuit by:
- Investigating the cause of the accident
- Compiling medical records and bills
- Determining the extent and severity of your injuries
- Examining police accident reports and reports prepared by the bus driver or their employer
- Estimating the value of your collision-related damages
- Negotiating a favorable financial settlement or proceeding to trial on your behalf
After a collision with a bus in Queens, you are not alone in your fight for compensation. Our firm has been helping claimants like you since 1988. We work hard to protect your rights and achieve favorable outcomes for you and your loved ones.
Call us at (212) 732-2929 to review your case and learn more about your financial recovery options.
A Lawyer Can Investigate to Determine Fault
Determining who is responsible for your accident can quickly become difficult. You might have a claim against the driver, the agency or company they work for, or even the company that manufactured the bus. If another party, such as another driver caused or contributed to the accident, we will hold them liable as well. If you or someone you love is injured in an accident involving a motorcoach, public transit, or school bus, a Queens bus accident lawyer can help you investigate the cause of the accident and determine who bears financial responsibility.
While you are focused on your physical recovery, your lawyer can start the process of assigning liability and filing a claim for compensation.
Some investigative actions a lawyer might take include:
- Interviewing passengers who were on the bus and witnesses who saw the accident occur
- Reviewing your medical records to determine the extent of your injuries
- Investigating the bus driver’s driving history
- Consulting with third-party experts, such as accident reconstruction specialists, to gain more insight into your situation
- Analyzing traffic surveillance footage
The lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can determine the cause and contributing factors in your accident, and from there, assign liability to the at-fault parties and seek money damages for your injuries.
A Lawyer Can Determine the Value of Your Queens Bus Accident Case
Evaluating the true cost of your financial recovery after a bus accident can be complicated.
A Queens bus accident lawyer can help you calculate many of the following recoverable damages and losses caused by the accident:
- Pain and suffering for all injuries from the time of the accident and into the future including all permanent injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Medical bills, both current and anticipated, such as hospitalization costs, surgical costs, doctor’s fees, prescription medications, assistive devices
- Lost wages, if your injuries kept you out of work
- Reduced earning capacity, if your injuries required you to take a lesser paying job or retire from the workforce completely due to your disabilities
- Miscellaneous expenses, such as parking fees at your doctor’s office or the cost of purchasing a specialty vehicle for someone with disabilities
- Mental anguish
On your own, it is difficult to calculate expenses that have not occurred yet, such as future medical care and loss of income. It can also be difficult to assign a cash value to the noneconomic portions of your claim, like pain and suffering.
A lawyer can help you accurately determine the value of your claim so that you understand whether settlement offers are fair or whether you should proceed to trial and seek an award in a jury trial to fairly compensate you for your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Queens, call (212) 732-2929
Know Your Filing Deadlines
Filing a compensation claim in Queens can be complicated and difficult. An important part of your claim will be an understanding of the time limits that the law imposes on your right to compensation.
A Queens bus accident lawyer can help you determine your eligibility to file a claim. Your lawyer can also explain how the time limits to filing a claim can affect your case and the risks you take if you miss a filing deadline. If you fail to properly file you may lose your right to recover any damages.
Queens Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for a Free Case Review
When a collision with a bus leaves you or someone you love with injuries, a Queens bus accident lawyer can help you navigate the process of determining liability and filing a claim for your damages upon the responsible party or parties.
We work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning that we do not get paid unless we are able to successfully recover compensation for you and your family. There is no risk when you enlist the help of the Dansker & Aspromonte Associates team.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929. Call us now to learn more about your legal rights.