Being injured as a pedestrian by a motorist can change your life in a heartbeat. While on foot with no physical protection, we are particularly vulnerable and risk suffering catastrophic—or even fatal—injuries in traffic collisions if struck by a negligent driver.
Traffic accidents can happen at any time, and it is essential to know what to do after being hit by a motorist while out walking. Your Queens pedestrian accident lawyer can advise you on how to protect your rights to recover financial compensation for your injuries and other losses related to the accident.
To find out more about your legal options speak to Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for a free case review at
Negligent Drivers Can Cause Life-Changing Injuries to Pedestrians
Pedestrians are most vulnerable when drivers fail to yield right of way on the road, at crosswalks, in parking lots, and even on sidewalks. The reason they are more at risk is due to negligent driving behavior.
While useful in many ways, in-car technologies and smartphones have also resulted in far too many driver distraction accidents. Alarming statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) revealed distracted driving killed “1,730 drivers, 605 passengers, 400 pedestrians, and 77 cyclists” in 2018 alone.
Other types of driver negligence include driving while:
- Emotional (sometimes leading to road rage)
- Failing to obey traffic signals and controls
Injured parties are often left in immense pain. Their lives are thrown into turmoil, and they face expensive medical costs while prevented from working—due to a wide array of serious injuries such as the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord and disc injuries
- Loss of a fetus
- Loss of limbs
- Crushed organs and internal damage
- Broken bones and fractures
- Disfigurement and disability
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Queens, call (212) 732-2929
Claiming Compensation for Medical Costs and Other Related Expenses
After an accident, there are several channels from which to seek benefits for your injuries. One option is to file a claim with the responsible driver’s no-fault insurance coverage. No-fault benefits however only cover medical expenses, some lost wages, and other expenses up to a certain limit. These benefits do not cover any compensation for your pain and suffering. If you or a loved one sustained injuries such as those listed above, no-fault coverage will likely be insufficient to meet your needs.
If you have been seriously injured as the result of another’s fault, you will need to bring a claim against the responsible party seeking fair and just financial compensation for each and every type of damage you actually suffered. Every case is unique and based upon the available evidence. Some of the types of damages you may recover include the following:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Future pain and suffering, if your injuries are deemed permanent
- Loss of services around the home
- Past unpaid hospital or medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity medical bill
- Any other out of pocket expenses caused by your injuries
Queens Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
How a Queens Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Help You
If you have been seriously injured by a negligent driver, it is important that you consult a lawyer as soon as possible for a number of reasons. First, a lawyer will give you valuable advice as to how to protect your rights. Second, the involvement of a lawyer may help to secure evidence to support your claim before it is lost. Third, a careful and thorough investigation of your claim immediately after your accident will build a strong case for maximum compensation so that you can focus on your own recovery. A typical investigation may include the following:
- Collecting accident and incident reports
- Speaking to witnesses
- Securing video footage and photographs of the accident
- Consulting accident reconstruction experts
- Obtaining all hospital and medical records
- Retaining medical experts to evaluate the full extent of your injuries and permanency
- Identifying liable parties and proving negligence resulted in your injuries
- Evaluating the current and future financial impact of your injuries
- Negotiating on your behalf with insurers and reviewing settlement offers
- Protecting your rights in settlement negotiations and when representing you in court
Rely on Us for Support and Legal Representation
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates have been fighting for injury victims since 1988. Our focus is on helping clients and their families restore their lives by fighting for the fair and just compensation the law entitles them to receive. We achieve this by taking the time to understand each of our client’s needs and applying our knowledge and resources most suitably and effectively.
Your compensation claim could begin by calling our team to evaluate your legal options in a free case review. When we work with you, our legal services are provided on a contingency-fee-basis. This means there are no upfront costs to pay, as we finance the entire process. We earn no legal fee unless you recover compensation.
To find out more about how Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can help, call us today at