Surgery is stressful enough without having to deal with your surgeon’s mistakes as well. If you or a loved one were the victim of a surgery gone wrong, let a Queens surgery lawyer from Dansker & Aspromonte Associates help you with your claim and lawsuit. Contact us at (212) 732-2929. Someone is available to take your call at any time, day or night.
How Surgical Errors Happen
Medical training is long and intensive, and with good reason. Surgeons must be knowledgeable about the human body and very aware of the risks involved in every surgery they perform. However, medical procedures, even routine ones, can be complex and offer many opportunities for error. Some avoidable surgical errors, such as surgeries performed on the wrong body part, are called “never events,” according to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). Even a seemingly minor “never event” has the potential to permanently alter or even end a patient’s life.
While some surgical mistakes may be due to an honest error, it may still be malpractice. One such example was the case of Christian N. In that case We helped our client settle for $50 million dollars.
The effects of a surgical error may include:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Amputation of a limb
All of these conditions are irreversible and would likely not occur if not for an error made by your surgeon or your medical facility. Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can help you fight for your rights and recover the compensation you deserve. Call the office at (212) 732-2929 so we can get started as soon as possible.
For a free legal consultation with a surgeries lawyer serving Queens, call (212) 732-2929
You May Qualify for Compensation
Just as surgeries are complex, so too are the consequences of surgical mistakes. As the claimant, you have the right to sue for compensation on numerous grounds.
You have suffered physical and mental injuries, some of which may affect you for the rest of your life. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Pain and suffering: your injury caused you physical pain and suffering and/or mental anguish. If you are filing a wrongful death suit, you can seek compensation for the pain and suffering your loved one went through before they passed away and the grief you feel because of their passing.
- Disfigurement: your injury may have left you permanently scarred or disfigured.
- Disability: your injury may have left you permanently disabled.
- Reduced quality of life: due to any of the above, your quality of life has suffered. You may never be able to enjoy and experience life to the same degree you did before the surgery.
You have suffered financial losses and stress because of your injury. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses: your injury may require long-term care, such as additional surgeries or home nursing.
- Lost wages: your injury may have caused you to miss work or left you permanently disabled and unable to return to work. If you are filing a wrongful death suit, you can seek compensation for the wages your loved one would have earned had they survived.
- Lost benefits: your injury may have forced you to give up your job or cut back your hours, resulting in a loss of employment benefits, like health insurance or pension benefits.
- Funeral expenses: your loved one’s death brought with it a host of expenses, including the burial, funeral service, and settling of the estate.
How much compensation should you ask for? The answer to that question is not always obvious, but some damages, particularly economic damages, may provide you with good suggestions. For example, the Federal Trade Commission provides a breakdown of typical funeral costs, which can help you figure out the total cost of laying your loved one to rest—and how much compensation you may be able to recover in that regard.
Noneconomic damages, however, are not so simple. How do you put a price tag on the effects of a traumatic experience, brain damage, or the worry that comes with being unable to support your family? While money can never fully compensate you for such losses, a Queens surgeries lawyer will be able to help you obtain the maximum amount of money damages available. Dansker & Aspromonte has been doing this for over 30 years.
Queens Surgeries Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
How Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Can Help You
The lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates want to fight for you. Our knowledge and experience allow us to navigate the New York legal system. By hiring us, you put your claim and lawsuit in the hands of a firm that can:
- Evaluate your case: at no charge to you, we will discuss your situation with you and tell you if you may have a case.
- Calculate your damages: as mentioned above, calculating damages can be tricky. We know the pertinent laws and are familiar with cases similar to yours, all of which allows us to obtain the best possible result for you.
- Gather proof: to show that your injuries happened as you say they did, we may turn to numerous sources for evidence. This evidence may include medical records, expert witness testimony, and more. We will also go over pertinent laws and standards in order to determine if any were broken in your case.
- Follow your lead, always: although we will handle all legal paperwork and processes, this is your case. We can provide you with all the necessary information and guidance, but you get to decide if we settle or if we take your case to trial.
We will fight for you as long and as hard as necessary. If the settlement we negotiate for you is fair, then we can stop there. But if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, we are willing and able to take them to trial and keep fighting for every penny you deserve.
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has been helping clients throughout the New York metropolitan area since 1988. If you would like a Queens surgery lawyer from our firm to represent you, contact our office at (212) 732-2929 for a free evaluation of your case. We do not collect any fees unless and until you get a monetary recovery.