Those who suffer from spinal cord injuries can experience catastrophic losses. The damage can diminish physical and mental capabilities, changing the victim’s life forever. If another party’s negligence was to blame, victims and their families have the right to receive just compensation.
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates are the spinal cord injury lawyers Queens residents can trust. We help you navigate the legal process to recover maximum compensation from the at-fault party. Our skilled spinal cord injury attorneys will fight to see justice done on your behalf.
What a Queens Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Does for Your Case
Our spine injury attorneys have decades of experience fighting for victims in New York personal injury claims. Since 1988, we have handled thousands of cases involving neck and back injuries.
When you partner with a Queens spinal cord injury law firm, our skilled attorneys will:
- Collect evidence: Your personal injury lawyer will gather witness statements, medical records, expert testimonials, and accident reports to build your case.
- Establish causation: Legal experts will prove how the at-fault party’s negligence caused the accident and contributed to your losses.
- Pursue damages: A spinal cord injury attorney will demand that you receive compensation for all physical, emotional and financial damages you and your family incurred since the accident.
If you do not hire legal representation, representatives of the at-fault party may take advantage of your situation. They may offer you less compensation or blame the spine injury on pre-existing conditions. An experienced legal professional can step in, present strong evidence, and demand justice for your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a spinal cord injury lawyer serving Queens, call (212) 732-2929
Understanding What Causes Spine Injuries
A spinal cord injury can result from a wide variety of circumstances. Our personal injury lawyers have helped clients suffering from spine damage due to:
- Motor vehicle accidents (including car, truck, and motorcycle collisions)
- Workplace incidents and construction site accidents
- Slip and falls
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- Physical assaults
- Medical malpractice
A spinal cord injury can range from a pinched nerve to complete paralysis. The two types of spinal cord injuries are:
- Complete spinal cord injuries: Permanent damage to the spinal cord to cause loss of motion and sensations. Complete spinal cord injuries include paraplegia and tetraplegia.
- Incomplete spinal cord injuries: Partial damage to the spinal cord prevents certain extremities or areas of the body from functioning. The extent of incomplete spinal damage depends on the patient’s medical history and overall health.
Regardless of the severity of your spinal cord damage, if you are injured due to the fault of another, you may be entitled to collect compensation from the at-fault party. The accident lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can help you file a spinal injury claim and recover the settlement you deserve.
The Effects of Spinal Cord Injuries
No two spinal cord injuries are the same. Even mild damage to the spine can have a significant impact on your ability to function, resulting in physical and emotional harm.
In addition, spinal cord injury victims can suffer a wide variety of health issues following their incident, including:
- Chronic pain in the neck, back, and shoulders
- Loss of the sense of smell, taste, and other senses
- Muscle spasms
- Breathing difficulties
- Digestive issues
- Organ damage
- Vision or hearing loss
- Nerve damage
By bringing a claim against the negligent party, you can recover compensation for the losses your spinal cord injury caused.
Queens Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
The Cost of Recovering From Spinal Cord Damage
In cases involving spinal cord injuries, victims often require expensive and ongoing medical procedures and treatments. Spinal cord injury figures show that the lifetime costs can exceed $1 million depending on the victim’s age.
Medical expenses can increase depending on the need for adaptive equipment, emergency care, doctor visits, surgeries, and rehabilitative therapies. The ongoing medical needs take a significant financial toll on an individual and their family. In addition, the injury can prevent you from going to work. The combination of high medical bills and lost wages can be catastrophic.
If you or a loved one suffered from severe injuries to the spine due to the fault of another, you have the right to bring a claim for every incurred loss. Our Queens spinal cord injury lawyers use our decades of experience and dedication to ensure the best financial recovery for you.
Our Queens Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers Help You Get Compensation
You cannot determine the full value of your spinal cord claim until an experienced lawyer has thoroughly gathered and analyzed your accident and injury evidence. If the evidence supports that your injuries were entirely or partially due to another party, then you may be able to collect substantial compensation for your losses.
Our spinal cord injury attorneys help accident victims in Queens may be able to get you compensation for:
- Pain and suffering for all physical injuries and disabilities
- Future pain and suffering if your injuries are shown to be permanent in nature
- Loss of enjoyment for life
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Loss of earnings and diminished income potential
- Loss of pension and employment benefits
- Costs associated with making your home accessible
- Loss of services to the household
- All other out-of-pocket expenses you incurred
In the event of a fatal spinal cord injury, you may pursue compensation for the deceased. A Queens wrongful death lawyer can help you recover funeral costs, loss of consortium, loss of guidance and support as well as medical expenses leading up to the death.
Our Process for Building Your Spinal Cord Injury Case
Determining who is at fault for a spinal cord injury requires a thorough investigation of the facts and circumstances surrounding your unique accident. The quality of the investigation can make the difference between a weak case and a strong one.
That’s why our experienced team of spinal cord injury lawyers build your claim from day one. We immediately get to work by gathering and securing all available police, incident and medical reports. Then we interview witnesses, secure photograph and video footage of your accident, and consult with accident reconstruction experts.
As experienced spinal cord injury lawyers serving Queens, we assess every aspect of your case. That means evaluating not only your immediate or obvious injuries but also looking ahead into the future. We consult with spinal cord experts to determine your lifetime needs. Once we conclude the assessment, we can calculate a fair settlement amount for your damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Secure Successful Verdicts for Spine Injury Victims in Queens
Some of our past successful verdicts and settlements for spinal cord victims include:
- $31 million: Jury verdict for a police officer who suffered nerve damage after a collision at an intersection.
- $3.5 million: Settlement for a woman who sustained back injuries and permanent brain damage due to a train derailment.
- $6.25 million: Jury verdict for a bike deliveryman who suffered mild brain damage as well as neck and back injuries after getting hit by a speeding van.
If you are unsure if your spinal cord injury warrants legal action, we can help. Our law office provides free case reviews to all Queens residents. During this time, our lawyers will evaluate the details of your case and help protect your rights.
Speak With a Queens Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Now
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates now so we can review your case for free. The sooner you get in touch with our law office, the faster we can help you build a strong claim for maximum compensation. Don’t delay as there are deadlines that limit your rights.
If you fail to file your claim before the deadline, you could be prevented from recovering the compensation you deserve.