Traumatic brain injury (TBI) statistics from the New York Department of Health show over 112,000 emergency room visits and 19,000 hospitalizations due to head trauma. In addition, TBIs account for nearly 2,000 deaths among New York residents every year.
If you sustained a head injury in an accident, you can hold the liable party accountable by bringing a claim against them. The traumatic brain injury attorneys at Dansker & Aspromonte have been serving victims of accidents in Queens since 1988.
Our legal team is well-versed in brain injury cases, and we are ready to help you secure the financial recovery you deserve.
What Our Queens Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers Do for Clients
A traumatic brain injury can cause severe damage to your ability to live a normal life, and destroy your health, emotional wellbeing, and finances. Dealing with extensive medical bills and lost wages in addition to recovering from your trauma can be overwhelming.
Let our experienced lawyers investigate your claim, gather and preserve evidence and build a strong case for you so that you can focus on your own recovery.
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, our accident lawyers strive to secure a fair settlement or jury verdict that takes into consideration all of your damages.. We are there for you every step of the way. Call us for a free consultation. If we agree to accept your case some of the actions we may take to build a strong claim may include:
- Explaining your legal rights and options
- Investigating the details of your claim to determine fault
- Gathering and preserving evidence to strengthen your case
- Filing all claims for benefits and compensation in a timely manner
- Consulting with your treating medical providers
- Retaining experts
- Demanding sworn statements from the at fault party or parties
- Negotiating a fair settlement from the liable parties
- Presenting your case to a jury at trial in court if necessary
If your serious injuries were the result of the fault of another, don’t delay in consulting with a lawyer as there are deadlines that limit your rights. Failing to file your claim on time may prevent you from receiving the compensation you are entitled to recover.
Our personal injury attorneys can review your case, offer sound legal guidance, and make sure you collect maximum compensation for your TBI.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Queens, call (212) 732-2929
Recovering Compensation After a Traumatic Brain Injury in Queens
If another person’s negligent actions contributed to your TBI, you may be eligible for substantial compensation through a personal injury claim. While every case is unique, some of the types of damages you may be entitled to may include:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Future pain and suffering if your injuries are deemed to be permanent
- Medical expenses for ongoing care and treatments
- Lost wages, tips, or benefits
- Long-term diminished earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
- Any out of pocket expenses necessitated by your injuries
Queens Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
The two most common types of traumatic brain injuries are:
- Closed-head injuries: Trauma caused by a physical blow to a person’s head or rapid movement of the head caused by an accident. The trauma causes the brain to move out of its natural position.
- Open-head injuries: Trauma causes the skull bone surrounding the brain to break, exposing the brain’s soft tissue.
When left untreated, both types of brain injuries can lead to long-term complications, including:
- Memory loss and impairment
- Mood disorders (such as depression and anxiety)
- Comprehension problems
- Speech difficulty
- Decreased cognitive abilities
- Spatial awareness issues
- Loss of executive functioning
A traumatic brain injury can result from any accident that causes trauma to the head. Some of the most common causes of TBIs are vehicle collisions, construction incidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, and assaults.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle collisions include car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and commercial vehicle accidents. The force from the impact often leads to diffuse axonal injuries, concussions, contusions, and penetrating injuries (open head wounds).
Construction workers have a high risk of sustaining traumatic brain injuries due to workplace accidents. The majority of construction TBIs are due to falling from roofs, ladders, and scaffolds. And according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) report on traumatic brain injuries in construction, TBIs account for 25% of all construction worker fatalities.
Slip and Falls
Slip and fall injuries can occur due to inadequate lighting, wet floors, broken staircases, or cluttered walkways. Since slip and falls are so common, they are a leading cause of traumatic brain injuries.
Errors during the birthing process or medical procedures can result in temporary or permanent brain damage. A personal injury lawyer can file a lawsuit against negligent doctors, specialists, and hospitals to hold them accountable for their negligence.
Physical assault can damage the head and lead to a traumatic brain injury. These TBIs occur most commonly due to physical altercations, domestic violence, and child or elder abuse. The extent of the damage depends on how long the assault lasted and the physical condition of the assailant.
Traumatic Brain Injury Symptoms
Symptoms of a traumatic brain injury are categorized as observable or reported. Observable symptoms are those that are easy to see, such as:
- Forgetting simple tasks
- Acting clumsy or having difficulty balancing
- Responding slowly to questions
- Loss of consciousness
- Coming across as dazed and confused
- Exhibiting personality or behavioral changes
Reported symptoms are not as observable and, instead, are reported by the person. These symptoms commonly include:
- Experiencing mood changes, feelings of depression, anxiety, and irritability
- Confusion or trouble concentrating
- Blurry or double vision
- Feelings of dizziness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Frequent headaches or uncomfortable pressure in the head
- Light or noise sensitivity
If you notice symptoms of brain trauma, consult with a medical professional as soon as possible. And if you believe your TBI is due to someone else’s negligence, a Queens personal injury lawyer can help you bring a claim against the liable party.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Queens TBI Lawyers don’t Get Paid Until You Do
As a result of our decades representing victims of traumatic brain injuries just like you, we understand how important it is to obtain experienced and qualified counsel to guide you through this difficult process.
Consult with our lawyers for a free consultation. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be asked to pay any money upfront for our services. We only earn a fee when you recover compensation..
Connect With a Queens Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney Now
You can trust the traumatic brain injury lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates to secure a fair settlement for each and every type of damage you sustained and may sustain in the future.We are the personal injury lawyers that Queens residents trust to hold negligent parties accountable for their fault.
Contact us now to learn more about our legal strategies and schedule your free case review at (212) 732-2929. Don’t delay. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can begin to build a strong claim for you that seeks maximum recovery.