It is devastating to suffer the loss of a loved one. That feeling could be amplified when the cause of their death was due to the recklessness or negligence of another party. As a result, survivors of this wrongful death may feel a deep sense of injustice. Our Staten Island wrongful death lawyers feel the deepest sympathy for survivors suffering from this loss due to the negligence or wrongful actions of others. We believe that those who cause a wrongful death must be held accountable for their actions.
Consider what a Staten Island wrongful death lawyer at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates could do for your case. Call us at (212) 732-2929 to discuss the circumstances of your case during a free consultation.
Recoverable Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
A lawyer can help you fight for monetary compensation after the wrongful death of a family member. You may be entitled to financial compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering suffered by the victim
- Loss of spousal and parental support
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Lost financial support
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental guidance and nurture
- Health care expenses, including medical care, hospital care, and in-home nursing care incurred prior to the victim’s death
Our team of Staten Island wrongful death lawyers is available to discuss your case. We can handle the legal process on your behalf so that you and your family can take the time you need to grieve.
New York Time Limits for Filing Wrongful Death Actions
You have a limited time to file a wrongful death lawsuit. This time limit begins from the date of the death. If the statute of limitations expires before you file a lawsuit, you will likely be unable to do so.
In addition to the legal time limit for filing a lawsuit, there are other reasons for why you should act quickly such as:
- Evidence can disappear or be destroyed and people can move away or forget what they witnessed.
- Expert witnesses may have to be hired to perform inspections of the scene and reconstruct the accident as soon after the accident as possible
- A representative of the decedent’s estate may need to be appointed
Turn to Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for Legal Help
Following a Staten Island wrongful death, it could be challenging to tend to your daily life, let alone take care of a lawsuit. If your loved one was a wrongful death victim, you have a right to legal counsel. During an investigation, attorneys may need to:
- Collect evidence
- Collect testimony from witnesses
- Work with leading experts, such as expert witnesses and accident reconstruction experts
- Document loss of income, benefits and support
At Dansker & Aspromonte we work hard to build the strongest possible case to maximize the compensation to which you and your loved ones are entitled.
Determining who is at fault for a wrongful death requires examining reports, relevant laws, findings of accident reconstruction, and witness testimony. You do not need to worry about managing these tasks. Our team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has extensive experience handling wrongful death claims. Our Staten Island wrongful death lawyers will handle the legal aspects of your case on your behalf. The sooner you call, the sooner we can begin working on your case.
Our team of wrongful death lawyers has a mission to help clients during trying times like yours. Give us a call today at (212) 732-2929.
Wrongful Death Awards and Verdicts We Have Recovered of Behalf of Clients
We have handled wrongful death cases since 1988. Below are a few of the verdicts and settlements we have obtained on behalf of our clients:
- $21.5 million for the family of a sanitation worker who died after a work-related sanitation truck accident
- $5 million for several victims who suffered serious and fatal injuries after their disabled vehicle was struck by a tanker truck.
- $4.75 million for the family of a woman damaged by malpractice committed during surgery causing brain damage and resulting in her death years later
- 4.2 million for the estate of a Parks Department employee who passed away after being struck by a front loader while waiting for his salt spreading truck to be filled
- $3.5 million for the family of a developmentally disabled man who was struck by a bus after stepping into the street against the light.
We Do Not Accept Fees Upfront
The last thing we want you to worry about during this time is whether or not you can afford a lawyer. We want you to focus on your grieving and spending time with your loved ones. We do not accept fees upfront and we advance the costs associated with your case. For example, if your case requires an expert witness or accident reconstruction expert, we will pay those fees on your behalf.
We only recover attorney’s fees if you recover compensation. If your case is not successful, you do not pay us for our time.
Hire a Staten Island Wrongful Death Attorney
If your loved one passed away due to another party’s negligence, Dansker & Aspromonte Associates is available to help you. Let us protect your rights by handling your case and pursuing the compensation you and your family deserve. Contact our team right away at (212) 732-2929. We will review your case for free today.