Call or text (646) 692-0204 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form.
Bronx Left Turn Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can have a devastating impact on your life. Whether the accident happened to you or to a loved one, victims are often left with painful injuries, unpaid medical bills, and an inability to work. The lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates want to fight for you to receive the financial compensation you deserve.
Contact our office at (646) 692-0204 and let the Bronx left turn accident lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte fight for you. The initial consultation is free, and because we work on a contingency basis, we only earn a legal fee unless you receive compensation.
Drivers Do Not Always Follow the Rules
Driving laws are designed to protect us all. With so many people using New York roads, drivers have a responsibility to be careful and follow those laws, not just for their own sake but also for the health and safety of everyone around them. Failing to abide by the rules can have disastrous consequences.
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) states that driver error is responsible for 90 percent of car accidents. Left turns, and intersection turns in general, can be especially dangerous because they require the driver to pay attention to multiple factors at once, including pedestrian traffic and other vehicles.
Motor vehicle accidents involving left turns are especially prevalent in New York City due to multiple factors including:
- Large numbers of pedestrians sharing the road
- Vehicle traffic
- Construction activity
- Public buses, taxis, and other large vehicles moving in and out of the traffic flow
- Visual and sound distraction
Drivers often fail to drive carefully in light of these factors. The New York State Police report that distracted driving is the leading cause of crashes causing personal injury in New York. Cell phone activity is often to blame in such cases, despite state law making it illegal to text, take pictures, or play games on your phone while driving, as set forth in regulations by the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Other causes of vehicle accidents include driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, road rage, speeding, driving while fatigued, or vehicle defects.
If you were in a left-turn accident in the Bronx, Dansker & Aspromonte Associates wants to help you get the financial compensation you deserve. We have a consistent and well-documented track record handling cases that require careful investigation and build every case for trial before a jury. We will not accept a settlement, even in the millions of dollars unless it is fair and just given the full extent of our clients’ injuries and damages. As in the case of Niurka A. v. Ronald Mills and the NYC Transit Authority, our office rejected a million-dollar offer to resolve her case and demanded a trial instead. A jury awarded her $31 million instead. While every case is based upon unique facts and circumstances, we handle every case this same way.
For a free legal consultation with a left turn accidents lawyer serving Bronx, call (646) 692-0204.
How a Bronx Left Turn Accident Lawyer May Be Able to Help You
No matter how straightforward or how complex your case is, we want to help. By hiring Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, you are putting your case in the hands of a firm that has been helping people just like you since 1988. Here is how we work:
- Provide a free case review: we will review your case and advise if we can help
- Investigate: if we accept your cases, our lawyers will work to gather all available evidence to bolster your case. This may include surveillance footage, police reports, medical records, photographs, hiring experts, and more. Not only may this evidence support your claim for compensation, but it may also identify all responsible parties.
- Negotiate: we will conduct settlement negotiations with the at-fault party or parties only after we have determined the full extent of your injuries and other economic damages. While a quick resolution sounds attractive it is rarely in your best interests.
- Represent you at trial: while we always fight our hardest to get our clients a fair settlement without the risk of trial, sometimes a trial before a jury is necessary to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Ultimately, our job is to help you fight for the compensation that is fair and justified. We work for you so that you can concentrate on your own recovery.
Don’t Delay Speaking to Our Lawyers
If you have been seriously injured as the result of someone else’s fault, call the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates as soon as possible. There are a number of actions that should be taken immediately following an accident, including evidence preservation and investigation. Failing to conduct these actions could weaken your case. Even more importantly, there are filing deadlines that you must follow. If you fail to file your claim within the deadline you may be forever barred from receiving the benefits or financial compensation that you deserve.
Don’t delay. Our lawyers are standing by to help you at (646) 692-0204. Your consultation with us is free and if we agree to accept your case you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only earn a legal fee unless you receive compensation.
You May Be Entitled to Economic and Non-Economic Damages
According to the Legal Information Institute (LII), there are multiple types of damages that may be available to you. However, in personal injury and wrongful death cases, there are two that are the most common: economic damages and non-economic damages. You may even be entitled to both kinds, but it depends on the specifics of your case.
“Economic damages” is the legal term for any financial harm or loss you suffered because of the accident. Some common types of economic damages may include:
- Unpaid medical expenses: including medical and hospital care, medications, rehabilitation, medical equipment, nurses, and other medical services if these expenses were not otherwise reimbursed or paid by other sources
- Future medical expenses: if it is determined that your injuries are permanent or will continue to require medical treatment into the future, you are entitled to the projected cost of that treatment
- Lost wages: including the loss or diminishment of income which resulted from your injuries
- Future lost wages: if it is determined that your injuries will permanently affect your ability to work, you are entitled to the projected value of those lost wages
- Related expenses: if you are permanently disabled and had to renovate your house to accommodate your disability, or you had to hire someone to take care of housework or other duties that your injury prevented/prevents you from doing yourself
- Funeral expenses: if the injuries resulted in death, family representatives are entitled to claim funeral and burial costs
“Non-economic damages” is the legal term for any physical or emotional harm or loss you suffered because of the accident. Some common types of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering: resulting from all physical or emotional injuries you sustained
- Future pain and suffering: if your physical or emotional injuries are determined to be permanent in nature.
- Disability: you have lost or partially lost a digit, limb, organ, or another important body system which limits your ability to function in daily activities
- Scarring or disfigurement: your injury or treatment resulted in permanent scarring.
- Loss of companionship or guidance: in the event of death, your estate is entitled to compensation for the value of the victims’ services or guidance in the home.
There are many more examples of damages than those listed here. If your accident cost you anything in terms of money, health, or quality of life, you could be entitled to damages for those injuries.
Focused on Your Recovery
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Wrongul Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.