Brooklyn Rental Car Accident Lawyer
If you were involved in an accident in Brooklyn involving a rental car and suffered serious injuries due to another’s fault, you might have a claim for monetary compensation. Pursuing this claim could be more complicated than a standard accident. Navigating insurance claims is difficult under the best circumstances, but there are added layers of complexity when rental cars are involved.
The attorneys at Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates understand the unique challenges that come with an accident involving a rental vehicle. A Brooklyn rental car accident lawyer from our firm may be able to help you obtain maximum compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a rental car accidents lawyer serving Brooklyn, call (646) 692-0204.
The Potential Compensation for Your Injuries
Every accident case is unique. If the evidence shows that you sustained serious injuries due to another’s fault, you could be entitled to collect a wide range of monetary compensation in the wake of a rental car accident. This compensation could cover your physical, emotional and monetary damages resulting from the accident. New York law entitles you to recover compensation for the following types of damages:
- Pain and Suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Mental Anguish
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Lost Wages
- Diminished Future Earning Power
- Medical Costs
- Future pain and suffering if your injuries are deemed permanent
- Out of pocket expenses caused by your injuries
If we accept your case, we will begin a thorough and careful investigation of your claim to gather and preserve evidence of fault as well as determine the full extent of your injuries, physical, emotional and economic.
In order to carefully analyze your injuries, our lawyers may gather your medical treatment records, talk to your doctors, refer you to specialists and consult with experts to determine whether your injuries will affect your ability to function or cause you pain into the future. Once we have determined the full extent of your injuries we can begin to fight for fair and reasonable compensation for you.
Available Insurance Coverage for Rental Cars
According to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), there are many different types of insurance coverage that could come into play in a rental car accident. Often, multiple insurance policies will overlap. When this occurs, insurance companies often point the finger at each other in an effort to avoid liability. A lawyer from our office will determine what insurance coverage is available and fight to obtain the maximum recovery on your behalf.
Some of the types of coverage that might apply in a rental car accident include:
- No-Fault Insurance. Drivers with no-fault insurance, or others struck by a vehicle can seek benefits through vehicle No-Fault benefits regardless of who was at fault for the accident. These benefits will cover medical expenses and lost wages.
- Rental Driver’s Liability Coverage. If the driver of a rental car was responsible for causing your accident, you could pursue a claim against their liability policy. This type of coverage is held by the other driver, and it exists to protect them from third-party liability claims following an accident.
- Rental Company Insurance. It might also be possible to pursue a claim on the rental company’s insurance policy. This coverage is typically optional and costs extra, making it common for drivers to decline this form of coverage.
- Coverage Through Your Credit Card. Some credit cards provide a type of rental insurance when the card is used to obtain a rental car. The amount of this coverage and whether or not the coverage exists at all will vary from one card to another.
- Rental Car Company Liability. In certain rare instances, you may be able to obtain compensation by suing a rental car company directly. This liability only exists if evidence shows that the rental car company acted negligently in, for example, renting a vehicle which was defective causing or contributing to the accident itself.
Unfortunately, the existence of multiple insurance policies could complicate matters rather than simplify them. Insurance companies are happy to battle over who is responsible for the accident because it means a lengthy delay for your claim. We will work hard on your behalf to expedite the process and seek to obtain a fair monetary recovery to compensate you for your damages.
A Brooklyn rental car accident lawyer from our firm will carefully investigate your claim and determine which parties are responsible so that you can focus on your own recovery.
Causes of Rental Car Accidents
Rental car accidents are like any other vehicle collisions. The same careless mistakes and aggressive driving that leads to a motor vehicle collision with a privately-owned vehicle can also cause a crash with a rental car. Some of the factors that can lead to these crashes might include:
- Speeding. Traveling at high speeds is one of the most common causes of car accidents.
- Intoxicated Driving. Intoxication is one of the most dangerous factors for drivers when they get behind the wheel. The use of drugs or alcohol could reduce a driver’s ability to react to changing traffic conditions.
- Fatigued Driving. Much like intoxicated driving, fatigued driving can also affect a motorists’ ability to drive safely. Fatigue can reduce reaction time and diminish decision making.
- Poor Vehicle Maintenance. In some cases, accidents occur due to the poor condition of the vehicles involved. When a rental car’s poor condition makes it dangerous to drive, it could open up the rental company to civil liability.
These are only a few of the factors that could bring about a rental car accident. Under each of these circumstances, the guidance of skilled legal counsel could dramatically increase the chances of recovering maximum financial compensation.
It is understandable if you experience frustration and confusion in the aftermath of a rental car accident. Dealing with serious injuries is stressful enough without having to navigate a complex series of insurance companies and policies.
If you have been seriously injured due to another’s fault, our firm is ready to fight for you so that your rights are protected.
Don’t delay. There are deadlines that limit your rights to collect benefits and compensation. If you fail to file your claim by the applicable deadlines, you could be prevented from recovering what you deserve.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates at (646) 692-0204 for a free consultation and see how a Brooklyn rental car accident lawyer with our firm can help.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.