Brooklyn Running a Stop Signal Accident Lawyer
Red lights, stop signs, and other traffic signals allow vehicle and pedestrian traffic to be regulated safely. Ignoring these signals intentionally or otherwise poses a threat to the safety of the traveling public. If you or a loved one was seriously injured because of a motorist running a red light or stop sign, our lawyers are standing by to help you fight for your rights to financial compensation for each and every type of damage you suffered.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP today at (646) 692-0204 for a free consultation about how we will seek the best possible outcome for you or your loved ones. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only earn a legal fee when you recover compensation.
Why Motorists Run Red Lights and Stop Signs
There are multiple reasons why a motorist might disregard a stop or other traffic signal. Whether you were in an accident as a driver, passenger, bicyclist, or pedestrian, we will conduct a careful and thorough investigation to determine whether someone was at fault for contributing to the accident and causing your serious injuries. Some of the evidence we may gather to prove the other side’s fault include traffic camera footage, police or incident reports, vehicle damage and site photographs, witness statements, traffic light timing data, and vehicle specifications.
Some of the most common reasons that motorists disregard stop or other traffic signals include:
- They were under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or both.
- They did not think anyone was around, so there would be no consequences to running a stop signal.
- They were not familiar with the rules of the road.
- The stop signal was obscured in a way where the motorist could not see it.
- Driver distraction
Distraction is one of the most common causes of New York City car accidents. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) notes that distracted drivers killed 2,841 people in 2018 while injuring an additional 400,000. A motorist who is distracted by their phone, passengers inside their vehicle, or any other source could be more likely than attentive drivers to run a stop signal.
Possible Injuries in a Brooklyn Stop Signal Accident Case
Injuries that can result from a motor vehicle accident may take a significant toll on you or a loved one. Even seemingly minor accidents can produce serious injuries.
Car accident injuries vary greatly from minor scratches to death. In New York, you are entitled to recover money damages if your injuries are deemed “serious”. Even if you are not sure if your injuries are serious in nature, you should contact our lawyers immediately. Some injuries may seem minor at first but gradually worsen over time. Under New York law, injuries are considered serious if they result in the following:
- Loss of a fetus
- Loss of a limb or organ
- A broken bone
- Disfiguring scarring
- A significant limitation of use of a body part or organ
- Permanent consequential limitation of use of a body part or organ
- A non-permanent injury that prevents you from performing substantially all of your usual and customary activities for 90 out of the next 180 days following the accident
Whether your injuries meet this serious injury threshold is often an area of dispute between the at-fault party and the injury victim. At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP we have decades of experience fighting for our clients. Some common injuries that, under certain circumstances, have been held to be serious include:
- Damage to the spine or spinal cord
- Brain injury including concussions and internal brain bleeding
- Joint tearing and other damage
- Internal injuries
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP Today
Our lawyers offer a free consultation. Even if you are not sure if you have a case, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP today at (646) 692-0204 for a free consultation.
Even if you are not sure whether you have a true claim for financial compensation following an accident, you should contact the experienced and dedicated lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP. Don’t delay, since there are deadlines that limit your rights to benefits and compensation. If you fail to file your claim within the deadline, you could be barred from receiving the financial recovery you deserve. Call us today at (646) 692-0204. Once you contact us, we will investigate the unique facts and circumstances of your case, preserve evidence, file all required documents in a timely manner and protect your rights while you can focus on your own recovery. If we agree to accept your case, our lawyers will:
- Gather all police and incident reports
- Interview all witnesses
- Review photographs and video footage, if available
- Hire experts to prove the fault of the other driver
- Request and review all hospital and medical records
- Retain a medical expert to prove your injuries
- Analyze all economic losses and out of pocket expenses
- Negotiate with the representatives of the at-fault party or parties for a fair and just settlement
- Prepare the case for trial before a jury
In many instances, the sooner you contact a lawyer to represent your interests, the stronger your claim will grow. Our lawyers are standing by to fight for you. Until then, follow this advice immediately after an accident: call the police, request medical attention, gather all witness information, follow all medical advice, and do not post on social media about the accident.
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP, our goal is to secure the best possible outcome for you and your loved ones––even if it means presenting your case to a jury in Court. Since 1988, we have been representing injured claimants throughout the New York City area and preparing every case for trial to ensure the best results.
If our evidence proves that you sustained serious injuries as the result of the fault of another, the law permits you to recover fair and just compensation for each and every type of damage that you sustained. Some of the types of damages you may be entitled to include money for the following:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life due to your injuries
- Future pain and suffering if your injuries are deemed permanent in nature
- Lost wages
- Future lost wages if you will be prevented from working in the future
- Loss of pension or retirement benefits
- Hospital and medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Out of pocket expenses for medical equipment, adaptations around your home, and transportation
- Any other expenses that were the result of your injuries
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.