Manhattan Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
All motorists and passengers have a right to safety on the road. Both motorcyclists and motor vehicle drivers need to take precautions to avoid negligent driving. Unfortunately, motorcyclists’ rights are not always honored. When another driver causes an accident with a motorcyclist, the risk of serious injury or death is high, especially among older motorcyclists, according to a study by the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine.
If you or a loved one was struck by another vehicle or came into contact with another vehicle or dangerous roadway condition because of negligence by another party, you may have reason to bring a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Call our team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP today at (646) 692-0204 for a free initial case evaluation.
Negligent Motorists Put Motorcyclists and Others at Risk
Motorcyclists tend to be more susceptible to being involved in an accident because they are less visible to other drivers.
Common causes of collisions involving motorcycle drivers include the following negligent actions:
- Failing to check a lane before merging or changing lanes
- Opening car doors without checking to see if any vehicles are approaching
- Moving into traffic from a stopped position
- Driving too closely behind a motorcycle
- Making turns without checking for ongoing traffic
- Defective roadway defects such as potholes or negligent roadwork
In addition to these motorcycle-specific precautions, all drivers should avoid the behaviors most commonly associated with accidents. These behaviors include:
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while using a cell phone to text, check or post on social media, make a phone call, or engage with an app
- Adjusting the car’s entertainment or navigation system while driving
- Merging in and out of lanes in a rapid, unpredictable fashion
- Taking one’s eyes off the road or hands off the wheel to engage with others inside or outside the vehicle
- Driving too slowly
- Braking rapidly when not necessary
- Failing to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front
Unfortunately, motor vehicle drivers do not always take the necessary care to protect other road users from harm. If any of these or any other negligent behaviors were a factor in your or your loved one’s motorcycle accident, you may have the right to receive substantial compensation for your injuries.
How Our Lawyers Can Help with Your Motorcycle Accident Case
If you know or suspect that negligent behavior contributed to or directly caused injuries to you or your loved one, then speaking with a member of our firm is the way to set your case in motion. A Manhattan motorcycle accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all police or incident reports
- Interview witnesses
- Take photographs of the incident location
- Secure all video or surveillance video of the incident
- Gather all EMS, hospital, and medical records documenting your injuries
- Consult with accident reconstruction experts
- Retain medical experts to determine the permanent effect of your injuries
- File all necessary claims within required time limitations
- Negotiate with the other side to obtain the best monetary settlement
- Present your case to a jury at trial, if necessary
If your case is successful, you may be able to collect substantial compensation covering:
- Your pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life caused by your injuries
- Medical expenses, both current and future
- Lost income
- Lost earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Other economic losses
Our attorneys will fight for you so that you obtain the monetary compensation that you deserve. We have decades of experience ensuring that victims of negligence hold others accountable for their actions.
You Are Not Required to Pay Any Money Up Front
Many people fail to consult with a lawyer after an accident because they assume they cannot afford it. However, we handle cases on a contingency basis. This means that you do not have to pay us any money upfront and we do not recover any attorney’s fees unless and until you win compensation in your case. Once you receive your settlement or award, we receive a percentage of that settlement amount. If we don’t recover any money for you, we don’t receive any legal fees.
Your Time to File a Claim Is Limited
Whether your accident was the result of the actions of a negligent driver or caused by a dangerous roadway condition like a hole in the roadway, your time to file a claim is limited. If you fail to bring your action within a certain time period, you may be forever barred from receiving the compensation you would have been entitled to. Don’t delay.
Call Our Team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP Today
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident in Manhattan that was the result of someone else’s fault, we will fight for the fair and just compensation that you are entitled to.
Call our team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP today at (646) 692-0204 to discuss your rights. The call costs you nothing, and we will answer all questions that you have. There is no risk when you call to enlist our help.
The risk of serious injury to motorcyclists is heightened by a motorcycle’s lack of airbags, seatbelts, and a design structure around the rider that would keep them contained in the vehicle in the case of an accident.
Motorcyclists are aware that their motorcycle does not have the safety features a car has. Motorcyclists are not, however, responsible for negligent actions by other motorists that lead to their injury or death.
Motorcyclist injuries we often see include:
- Traumatic brain damage
- Trauma to the chest and abdominal region
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injury, possibly leading to paralysis
- Road rash
Contact our team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP today for a free consultation.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Skilled Attorneys Make a Difference for Victims of Motorcycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle Accidents – Top 10 Crash Types & How to Avoid Them
- Motorcycle Accidents
New York City Motorcycle Accident Attorneys – Motorcycle Safety Tips
- Motorcycle Accidents
New York Motorcyclist Fatalities Climb in 2017
- Motorcycle Accidents