Spinal cord damage cannot usually be repaired. While research continues to find a way to repair spinal cord damage, there is currently no proven method for fixing it.
If you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury due to the negligence of another person, the experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can help you through this difficult time. You may be eligible for substantial compensation for your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical expenses. The sooner you take the first step toward contacting a personal injury lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf.
Spinal Cord Damage Can Severely Affect Your Mobility
The type of spinal cord injury you suffer—either complete or incomplete—can determine the overall effect of the injury to your body and your ability to perform activities of daily living. According to the Mayo Clinic, the spinal cord performs an important function in communicating with the brain. The spinal cord and the brain exchange information regarding movement and sensation.
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) explains that a complete spinal cord injury involves the loss of movement and sensation below the point of injury. An incomplete injury typically results in limited movement and sensation below the injury.
The resulting paralysis and limited mobility are generally not reversible. The permanence of your or your loved one’s injury can be devastating and will likely require you and your loved one to adjust to a new way of life.
You May Seek Damages for Your Spinal Cord Injury
A spinal cord injury can greatly affect your quality of life. Depending on the severity of the spinal cord damage, you might not be able to return to your career or participate in your favorite sports and activities.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, a slip and fall accident, construction worksite or some other type of accident, you may be able to receive financial compensation for each and every type of damage you have and will sustain including:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional caused by your injuries
- Future pain and suffering for the permanent effect of the injuries if your injuries are shown to be permanent in nature
- Medical costs, including ambulance transportation, hospital fees, and fees for procedures and tests
- Continuous medical costs, such as for physical therapy, prescription medications, and rehabilitation
- Missed time from work or reduced earning capacity
- Loss of services in the home
- Cost of medical equipment and adaptations required in your home
- Any other out of pocket expenses caused by your injuries
A quick drive to the store, a night out with friends, or a construction accident should not result in catastrophic injuries simply because another person failed to act safely. If this happened to you or a loved one, our personal injury lawyers can help you fight for the fair and just recovery you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a brain and spinal cord injury lawyer serving New York, call (212) 732-2929
Follow This Advice If You Have Been Injured in an Accident
The actions you take immediately after an accident can significantly affect the strength of your claim. If you have been seriously injured in an accident that was the fault of another, even partly, follow this advice:
- Call the police
- Request that a police or incident report be completed
- Obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses
- Take or have photographs taken of the scene
- Accept immediate medical attention
- Follow all medical instructions
- Consult an experience and qualified lawyer immediately
- Do not speak to representatives of the at fault party before you speak to a lawyer
- Do not accept a settlement offer from the at fault party before you speak to a lawyer
- Do not post any photographs or statements about the accident on social media
Regardless of the unique facts and circumstances of your accident and injuries, contact our lawyers as soon as possible. Let us take care of investigating your case, securing evidence and building a strong claim so that you can focus on your own recovery. But don’t delay. There are time limits for filing a claim in a personal injury matter. If you fail to bring your claim by the deadline, you may be forever prevented from receiving the financial compensation you deserve.
New York Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
How We Can Help Your Case
The difference between a strong and weak case is sometimes dependent upon the quality of the investigation performed by your lawyers. For decades, Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has focused on building the strongest case that helps to ensure the best result for accident victims. If we agree to accept your case, we will immediately begin to investigate the unique facts and circumstances of your accident and may include the following:
- Obtaining all police, accident or investigation records
- Securing scene photographs and video footage, if available
- Taking statements from all witnesses
- Consulting with experts in accident reconstruction
- Requesting all hospital and medical records
- Demanding sworn statements from all at fault parties
- Retaining medical experts and economists
- Filing all claims in a timely manner
- Negotiating with representatives from the at fault party or parties
- Presenting your case to trial before a jury, if necessary
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Now
If you have been injured as the result of someone else’s fault, consult the experienced and dedicated lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today. The consultation is free. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money up front. We will advance all expenses on your behalf and only receive a fee for our legal services if you obtain financial compensation.
Our team proudly serves the New York City metropolitan area. This includes Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and the counties of Nassau and Suffolk.
Take action for your spinal cord injury and call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates now for your free case evaluation at (212) 732-2929. Don’t delay.