Drive Away with the Maximum Settlement
The attorneys at Dansker & Aspromonte have litigated thousands of motor vehicle collision cases over the course of their 35 years of practice. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident in New York, we are here to help you pursue maximum compensation for your losses.
Call us 24/7 – 100% FREE Consultation – 800-510-9695
OUR SUCCESS RATE AT TRIAL EXCEEDS 95 PERCENT!
Contact us today online or by telephone at 800-510-9695 to speak with an experienced New York City accident lawyer.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a motor vehicle accident, you need an experienced personal injury attorney on your side. The dedicated team of motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte has a proven record of success when it comes to helping accident victims receive maximum compensation for their injuries. If you need someone to fight for your rights after a motor vehicle accident, make our office your first call.
Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
The type and severity of injuries suffered in a motor vehicle accident will depend on a variety of factors:
- Was the injured party wearing a seatbelt during the crash?
- Did the vehicle have air bags and other safety equipment?
- Was the injured party’s vehicle struck from the front, rear, or side?
- At the time of the crash, was the injured party facing straight ahead? Or, was his or her body or head turned toward a specific direction?
- Did the accident occur at a high or low rate of speed?
When it comes to the injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents, there are two broad categories into which almost all accidents fit:
- Penetrating injuries. These injuries are typically scrapes and cuts, possibly due to shattered glass or loose objects moving around the inside of a vehicle.
- Impact injuries. These auto accident injuries usually result from a person’s body hitting the interior of the car. Examples include a head hitting the seat rest or a knee hitting the dashboard.
While some auto accident injuries will resolve within a matter of days without major medical intervention, others are more serious and could even become permanent, resulting in a level of physical disability.
Common Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
Some motor vehicle accidents are more common than others. Some of the injuries that are most often witnessed in car or truck accidents include:
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Leg and knee injuries
- Neck injuries
Remember that not all motor vehicle accident injuries will be present immediately after the accident. If you begin to experience pain, discomfort, or another symptom days after the crash, make sure to seek out medical attention and the advice of an experienced New York motor vehicle accident attorney.
Important Elements of Your Motor Vehicle Accident Claim
In the event of a motor vehicle collision, there are three distinct elements to a case. Your New York personal injury attorney will help you with each so that you can receive maximum compensation for your injuries:
- No-fault. According to New York State law, in the event of an accident, the drivers and passengers of each vehicle will look to the insurance company of the vehicle in which they rode to pay for necessary and reasonable medical expenses. This can include lost wages of up to $2,000 per month and a maximum of $25 daily for other necessary/reasonable expenses. This applies to trucks, cars, SUVs, and vans, while motorcycles are exempt. This allows the injured party to get help for his or her medical bills immediately without waiting for a lawsuit to be resolved.
A no-fault claim typically needs to be filed within 30 days of the accident, and all doctors and hospitals need to file their bills in a timely manner for payment.
- Liability. In New York, fault is apportioned. This means that out of 100%, it is possible that every driver involved in the accident could be assigned a percentage of liability. This could include the plaintiff that is suing, but at Dansker & Aspromonte, we are often able to prove our client was free from fault.
- Damages. In New York State, a serious injury threshold exists. This means that you cannot legally bring a lawsuit for personal injuries unless your injuries meet the legal definition of “serious.” This is a major source of contention in court, but certain injuries – disfigurement, factures, dismemberment, and death – are automatically considered serious.
The best thing that you can do after a motor vehicle accident is to contact our car accident lawyers for a professional evaluation of your claim. We are happy to analyze your specific case and to discuss New York State law as it applies to you.
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists
Some drivers choose to get on the road with little or no insurance. Unfortunately, this places them and others at risk. In the event that they are involved in an auto accident that causes injuries, they may not be able to pay for the damages and medical expenses of the injured party.
As a driver, it is always wise to carry uninsured or under-insured motorist protection as part of your own insurance policy. That way, if you are involved in an accident where the at-fault party doesn’t have adequate coverage, you can be compensated by your own company. The right motor vehicle accident attorney can help with this process and to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
Seek Motor Vehicle Accident Representation with Dansker & Aspromonte
If you have recently been injured in a motor vehicle accident as a result of another driver’s negligence, then you should contact the NYC car accident lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte today. Motor vehicle accident cases are challenging, and we are here to assist you. Insurance company lawyers will work hard to reduce compensation for your injuries, and they may try to deny the claim completely. For this reason, hiring an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney is the best option for you, especially if you have:
- Been hit with expensive medical bills
- Experienced a significant loss of income as a result of your injuries
- Suffered severe or permanent injuries
At Dansker & Aspromonte, we have a long history of helping families to receive compensation for automobile accident injuries. We are courteous and respectful of our clients, and we pride ourselves on always being available when they need us. We will keep you informed about your case every step of the way, and you can feel confident that we are working to get you the maximum settlement available.