We Can Help!
Medication errors can lead to catastrophic injuries, devastating side effects, and even death. If a doctor prescribes the incorrect dose or wrong medication or your pharmacist gives you the wrong medicine, and you are harmed as a result, you might be able to file a lawsuit against the pharmacist, doctor or both.
Pharmacist Mistakes and Medical Malpractice
Prescription errors can be the result of medical malpractice or even the hospital’s negligence. If you have suffered as a result, you or your family can bring a claim against the liable health care providers.
Several types of prescription errors can lead to health problems, such as:
- Prescribing or filling the wrong dose
- Prescribing or supplying the incorrect drug
- Nursing errors
- Failure to correctly warn about a drug’s side effects
- Inability to obtain a full and accurate medical history
- Failure to warn a patient about dangerous drug combinations
- Inability to give a patient precise instructions and discuss the maximum daily use which leads to an overdose
- Overdose in a nursing home, assisted-living environment or hospital
- Mistakes made by the pharmacies or pharmacist
- Allergic reactions
- Coma or death as a result of medication malpractice
Prescription errors can occur in hospital, in the doctor’s office or at the pharmacy. Our experienced team will investigate the cause of the error to ensure the liable parties are held responsible and you receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our New York Pharmacy Prescription Error Lawyers Today
At Dansker & Aspromonte, our lawyers handle a broad range of medical negligence cases. With over 30 years of experience, we have obtained hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation and boast a 95 percent trial success rate.