Queens Uber and Lyft Rideshare Lawyer
If you were seriously injured in an accident that involves a ridesharing service, such as Lyft or Uber, you might be wondering if there are any special considerations that affect your right to a financial recovery. New laws in New York offer car accident victims significant protections that could significantly increase the value of your claim. In particular, rideshare drivers are required under New York law to maintain substantially increased insurance coverage in the event that other drivers, passengers or pedestrians are seriously injured by rideshare drivers.
The Queens Uber and Lyft rideshare lawyers from Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates are standing by to explain your rights and fight for the best financial outcome for you. Contact us at (646) 692-0204 to get started.
You Might Be Able to Sue Multiple Parties for a Rideshare Accident
A 2018 study by the Department of Transportation (DOT) showed that approximately 94 percent of car accidents are caused by a driver’s actions or inaction. A minority of accidents were caused by environmental factors such as glare, roadway or weather conditions, or vehicular factors such as faulty brakes.
What does this mean for your case? Depending upon the unique circumstances of your accident, you may be entitled to bring a claim against a party if the evidence shows that they acted negligently in causing your accident and serious injuries. There can be multiple causes of an accident and you can bring a claim even if you were partly at fault. Only after a careful and thorough investigation of your accident will we be able to determine who was at fault for the accident. Generally, however, the following parties may be held liable in a typical car accident:
- The driver or drivers
- The rideshare company
- An auto manufacturer
- A maintenance company
- A roadway contractor
- Another third party who caused or contributed to the accident
The injury lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates understand how traumatic car accidents and their aftermaths can be. Call us at (646) 692-0204, and we will provide you with a free case evaluation. Our Queens Uber and Lyft rideshare lawyers can fight for your rights and pursue the best possible outcome for you so that you can focus on your recovery.
You May Be Entitled to Substantial Economic and Non-Economic Damages
A car accident can affect your life in many ways.Your injuries might be painful and debilitating. Those injuries may even be permanently disabling and prevent you from earning a living. Under New York law, your injuries must be deemed “serious” before you can make a claim for personal injury damages. A serious injury is defined by the law as an injury that results in:
- Loss of a fetus
- A broken bone
- A disfiguring scar
- The loss of a limb
- Significant limitation of use of a body part or organ
- Permanent consequential limitation of use of a body part or organ
- An injury which prevents you from performing substantially all of your usual daily activities for 90 out of the next 180 days following an accident
Whether your injuries meet the definition of a “serious” injury is often disputed by the at fault party. Our lawyers have decades of experience building a claim that meets this standard. Even if you are not sure whether your injuries are serious, call Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates to discuss your claim without delay. Some injuries do not appear serious at first but worsen over time. Other injuries may not seem serious to you but do, in fact, meet the legal requirements.
If your injuries meet the serious injury threshold under New York law, you are entitled to recover fair and just financial compensation for all aspects of damages you suffered as a result of someone else’s fault including:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional harm
- Loss of enjoyment of life due to your injuries
- Disfigurement or permanent scarring
- Future pain and suffering
- Loss of services around the home and damage to the marital relationship
In addition to your physical or mental injuries, you are also entitled to recover any financial expenses you incurred or will incur in the future for such things as:
- Lost wages not otherwise reimbursed
- Future lost wages, retirement benefits and pension benefits
- Out of pocket medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Funeral costs, in the event of death
- Any other out of pocket expenses incurred because of the accident
Though you may be entitled to bring a claim for benefits and damages, there are deadlines which require that you bring your claims within a certain time. If you fail to bring your claims within the deadline, you may be forever barred from receiving the compensation you deserve. Don’t delay. Call our lawyers today at (646) 692-0204.
Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates has been fighting for compensation for thousands of accident victims just like you since 1988. Call us so that we can ensure that your rights are protected. This is what we can do for you:
- Give advice: Even if you don’t know where to start or whether you even have a case, call our lawyers and get some peace of mind.We can tell you what the best course of action is in your case and continue to advise you throughout the legal process
- Investigate: If we agree to accept your case, we will gather all available evidence including police reports, medical records, photos from the scene, expert reports and more—and use it to build your case.
- Submit paperwork: There are usually deadlines involved in filing a lawsuit and submitting other necessary forms. Your lawyer will ensure that all claims are filed in a timely manner
- Negotiate: Our lawyers have decades of experience negotiating with insurance representatives and fighting for the best possible outcome for you.
- Go to trial: If the other side fails to offer a fair and just settlement of your claim, we will be prepared to present your case to a jury at trial. By preparing every case for trial, we signal to the other side that they will not be able to convince us to settle for less than your case is truly worth.
At Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates, we represent clients throughout the New York City metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties. We want to represent you, too.
Call our office at (646) 692-0204 for a free case evaluation and to learn more about how we can help you get the substantial financial compensation you deserve. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money up front. We only earn a legal fee unless we recover compensation for you.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.