Queens Fractures Lawyer
Fractured bones can be both painful and expensive. If your fracture was caused by someone else’s negligence or carelessness, you may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering and expenses including your medical bills. Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has a track record of success going back to 1988. A Queens fracture lawyer from our firm will fight hard to obtain fair compensation and money damages for you. Call our office at (646) 692-0204 so that we can get started.
What Fractures Are and How They Happen
A fracture is another name for a broken bone. According to Cleveland Clinic Health, they are very common, with over 1 million occurring in the U.S. each year. Any bone may fracture if placed under enough pressure. The severity of the injury and its consequences depend on how serious the break is and which bone was hurt. Symptoms vary with the location of the fracture, but they can include pain, swelling, and difficulty using the affected body part.
Older people (those 65 and older) are especially susceptible to fractures, both because they are more likely to have bone-weakening underlying conditions (e.g., osteoporosis) and because their sense of balance is not as strong. The New York State Department of Health reports that hip fractures are especially common in fall injuries among seniors.
However, people of any age may suffer a fracture if they or those around them fail to take proper precautions. Fractures can be caused by any number of accidents, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip, trip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates handles cases involving all of these situations and more. If you or a loved one suffered a fracture due to someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior, do not hesitate to call our office at (646) 692-0204. We will evaluate your case free of charge, and if we do take your case, you do not have to pay us unless you receive compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a fractures lawyer serving Queens, call (646) 692-0204.
Compensation That May Be Available in Fractures Cases
Everyone’s case is different, so we cannot tell you how much money you may be entitled to without a thorough review of your case. What we can say with absolute certainty is that we will fight as hard and as long as necessary for the best possible outcome for you. We did just that for our client in Jian S. v. Kirin Management, where a worker who fell from a ladder and suffered multiple fractures was awarded $2.25 million.
In cases involving fractures, as with any other personal injury case, you may be entitled to economic damages, noneconomic damages, or a combination of the two. Both kinds of damages are discussed below.
“Economic damages” is the legal term for compensation awarded to make up for financial losses or expenses. You may be entitled to economic damages if you lost or spent money due to:
- Medical expenses: e.g., you went to the hospital to get x-rays, underwent surgery, had a cast applied, pain medication, and other treatment including physical therapy
- Missing work: e.g., you were unable to do your job for days, weeks, months or permanently due to your fracture and resulting complications
- Additional expenses: e.g., your injury left you unable to care for your children or perform your household, so you had to hire a nanny or housekeeper
“Noneconomic damages” is the legal term for compensation awarded to make up for physical and emotional or psychiatric injuries. You may be entitled to noneconomic damages if you experienced:
- Pain and suffering: e.g., the fracture caused you pain and/or will never fully heal, leading to chronic pain
- Reduced quality of life: e.g., the pain or disfigurement from your injury has forced you to give up activities you enjoyed, or makes it more difficult for you to perform your daily activities
- Scarring or disfigurement: e.g., your injury or surgery done to fix your injury left scars
This is far from a complete list of damages. A Queens fractures lawyer may be able to look over your case, give you a more complete rundown of economic and noneconomic damages, and tell you which ones apply in your case. We may also help you calculate the monetary damages that you have incurred and can look to recover.
Queens Fractures Lawyer Near Me
What You Can Do If You Suffered a Fracture in an Accident
The first and most important step to take after any accident is to seek medical attention. Even if the pain is not that bad, you should see a doctor to determine the extent of your injuries and make sure you are not in danger. Seeing a doctor will also create a medical record, which we may be able to use later to prove your claims to an insurance company or a jury.
Once you decide to file a lawsuit, Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can manage your case from there. We will do the following:
- Investigate your claim: in addition to requesting your medical records, we will collect as much evidence from as many sources as possible. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, this may include witness statements, police reports, and more.
- Determine liability: the evidence we collect during our investigation will tell us who you may be able to sue.
- File paperwork: you will not have to worry about filling out forms or meeting deadlines.
- Communicate with others: if the liable party, their lawyer, or their insurance company tries to contact you directly, let us know. We will serve as a go-between so you do not have to talk to them directly.
- Fight for your rights: We will fight to obtain a settlement from the defendants or their insurance companies that fairly compensates you for your damages you suffered or take the case to trial to obtain the best possible award from a jury on your behalf. Whatever it takes, we are ready to fight for you.
- Keep you informed: lawsuits can be complicated, especially if they involve more than one liable party and multiple insurance companies. We can untangle these legal complexities and explain them to you. You will never be out of the loop.
Click to contact our Queens Personal Injury Lawyers today.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we represent clients throughout the New York City metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties. If you are looking for a Queens fracture lawyer, call our office at (646) 692-0204. You do not have to pay us unless and until we obtain compensation for you.
Focused on Your Recovery
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Wrongul Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Stay in the Know Read Our Personal Injury Blog
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.