Staten Island Emergency Room Errors Lawyers
If you have suffered an injury or illness as a result of an emergency room error, a Staten Island emergency room error lawyer with our firm can fight for the compensation you deserve.
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we are here to help. Serving Staten Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Queens, we have secured over $450 million dollars in settlements and verdicts for families across the state.
We understand that the last thing you need is to spend your time filing paperwork, building a case, and negotiating for the compensation you deserve. We can fight for you while you focus on your recovery.
An Attorney Can Help You Recover the Compensation You Deserve
If you or someone you love has been injured by medical negligence, our experienced and dedicated lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. New York law entitles you to recover financial compensation for all of your physical, emotional and economic damages which result from the negligence of a medical provider.
Here are some of the damages that you may recover depending upon the facts of your case:
- Pain and suffering: Physical pain, mental anguish, loss of quality or enjoyment of life, inconvenience, disability, and more.
- Medical bills: Doctor visits, emergency room trips, hospital stays, surgical procedures, medication, rehabilitation services, and more.
- Lost income: Past, present, and future lost income that includes any reduction in earning capacity that directly resulted from your injury or illness.
- Out-of-pocket expenses: Transportation to and from appointments, adaptations to your home to accommodate your physical limitations, caregiver expenses, and more.
- Wrongful death: Funeral and burial costs, loss of companionship, loss of guidance, loss of inheritance, and more.
Proving a medical negligence case is not easy. Doctors and hospitals rarely admit fault. Let an attorney from our firm act as your advocate and fight for the rights for you and your family.
For a free legal consultation with a emergency room errors lawyer serving Staten Island, call (212) 540-2987
How Our Attorneys Can Build Your Case
If our attorneys agree to accept your case, some of the actions we may take to build a strong claim include:
- Gathering evidence that includes all relevant medical records, bills, proof of lost wages, and more to quantify your damages
- Documenting any expenses you have incurred as a result of your injury or illness
- Handling all communication with the at-fault party and their insurance provider
- Conducting a comprehensive investigation into the specifics of your injury to ascertain the exact cause and identify all liable parties
- Consulting with medical experts to bolster your claim through expert testimony
- Demanding sworn statements of the all medical providers regarding the care they provided
- Negotiating for a settlement that fully covers your losses and compensates you for your pain and suffering
- Presenting your case at a jury trial in Court if an agreement cannot be reached through negotiation
Staten Island Emergency Room Errors Lawyer Near Me (212) 540-2987
Connecting Your Injuries to Emergency Room Negligence
Medical malpractice is an extremely complicated field that places the burden of proof squarely on the shoulders of victims. Doctors, nurses, and hospitals have entire legal teams dedicated to fighting malpractice claims and refusing to accept responsibility for their actions or inactions.
In most instances, they will claim that your injuries were unavoidable, that you were adequately warned of the potential for injury or illness, or that you failed to properly adhere to discharge instructions.
Emergency Room Errors
According to a recent study from the National Institute of Health (NIH), emergency room errors permeated almost every aspect of emergency care. The study broke down the prevalence as follows:
- Diagnostic errors – 22%
- Administrative errors – 16%
- Pharmacology errors – 16%
- Documentation errors – 13%
- Communication errors – 12%
Proving the direct correlation between your injuries or illnesses and any of these errors is paramount for obtaining compensation.
Proving a Breach in the Standard of Care
Your attorney will need to prove that you suffered an injury as a direct result of negligence on the part of a medical provider. Usually, you must demonstrate that the medical professional failed to uphold the standard of care required of them.
The standard of care refers to the minimum requirements all medical professionals must adhere to when treating patients. When they fail to observe these standards, they make themselves liable for the injuries their patients suffer due to their negligence.
Proving liability for an emergency room error requires a comprehensive investigation into all the evidence, and these investigations take time. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can begin working on your case.
An attorney with our firm can work with doctors and well-known experts in the field of medicine to analyze your records, gather the facts, and paint a clear picture of how a breach of duty resulted in your injuries.
Get Started With a Free Consultation Today
Fighting for the rights of victims across New York since 1988, Dansker & Aspromonte Associates is on your side.
Call our office for a free consultation. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront for our legal fee. We accept all of our cases on a contingency-fee basis. This means we only collect a legal fee when you recover compensation.
Our lawyers are here to help you protect your rights. Call (212) 540-2987 to speak with a member of our team today.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Sanitation Worker Truck Injury $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Woman Struck By Truck $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.