Staten Island Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Pedestrian accidents occur when drivers hit people who are walking. These types of accidents can occur within crosswalks, on sidewalks, and in the roadway. Pedestrian accidents can be extremely dangerous, and they can cause severe injuries and fatalities.
If you were injured or lost a loved one due to a pedestrian accident, our Staten Island pedestrian accident lawyers may be able to assist you.
To discuss your situation with a legal professional, contact Dansker & Aspromonte at (646) 692-0204. We offer a free case evaluation.
Types of Compensation You Can Get After a Pedestrian Accident
If you were seriously injured in a pedestrian accident that was caused by another party’s negligence, New York law entitles you to fair and just compensation for all physical, emotional, and economic damages you suffered and will continue to suffer in the future.
Based upon the evidence in your case, you may be able to recover financial compensation for the following types of damages:
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries have caused physical pain, mental anguish, or loss of enjoyment of life, you may be able to claim a fair and reasonable sum of money for these damages.
- Future pain and suffering: If your injuries are shown to be permanent, you may be entitled to receive a sum of money for all of the pain and suffering you are likely to suffer for the rest of your life.
- Medical bills: Injuries can lead to very expensive medical bills, hospital stays, treatments, and prescriptions. If you are facing costly health care expenses as a result of your injuries that have not been otherwise reimbursed, you may be able to include these losses in your claim.
- Lost wages: If your injuries have caused you to miss time from work, you may be able to collect awards for your lost wages, tips, and bonuses, including future lost wages you are expected to suffer.
- Reduced future earning capacity: If your injuries prevent you from working at the same level as you did before the accident, you could be entitled to compensation for your lost earning potential.
- Losses associated with losing a loved one: If you lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, we can help you recover the cost of your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses, damages for loss of guidance and support, and other losses.
You may be eligible to collect compensation for losses not included here. To learn more, call Dansker & Aspromonte at (646) 692-0204.
Why You Should Consider Hiring a Staten Island Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
There are numerous ways that a lawyer can help you. Discussing your case with a legal representative may provide insight and direction to help you move forward. An experienced lawyer will conduct a thorough investigation to determine who may be held responsible for the accident and the full extent of your injuries. Not all pedestrian accidents will result in a successful claim.
The sooner you contact a lawyer, the sooner they can preserve evidence, protect your rights, and build a strong claim for maximum compensation, so you can focus on your own recovery.
Don’t delay, as there are deadlines that limit your rights. The failure to bring your claim before the deadline may result in you being prevented from receiving the compensation you deserve.
Until you speak to a lawyer, follow this advice:
- Call the police
- Request that a police report is completed
- Try to record the names of any witnesses
- Have someone take photographs of the accident scene and vehicles
- Get immediate medical attention
- Follow all medical advice
- Do not give any statements to representatives of the at-fault driver
- Do not post on social media about the accident or your injuries
Call (646) 692-0204 to get in touch with our State Island pedestrian accident attorneys.
We Can Help You Hold the Responsible Party Accountable
Your lawyer will work hard to hold the other party accountable for your losses. In most instances, the most obvious responsible party for your injuries will be the driver who struck you due to carelessness or recklessness.
Other parties may have caused or contributed to your pedestrian accident. Some additional liable parties in your case may include:
- The City of New York, if poor roadway design or maintenance, insufficient traffic control, or sign defects contributed to your accident
- A vehicle parts manufacturer, if faulty vehicle systems such as brakes or steering caused or contributed to your accident
- An employer of the driver, if the person was working at the time of the accident
- Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare company, if the driver was using a rideshare app at the time of the accident
- A construction company, if roadway work being conducted at the place of the accident created confusion or blocked a line of sight
Our team believes that if you were seriously injured because of another party’s negligence, then you should not have to pay for any accident-related losses. We want to secure the best possible outcome for you and your loved ones. We want to help you recover fair and reasonable compensation for everything that you deserve.
We Work on a Contingency Fee Basis
At Dansker & Aspromonte, we have been fighting for injury victims just like you since 1988. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront.
We receive our legal fee on “contingency,” which means that we receive our fee only if you recover compensation. This way, you never have to worry about how you are going to pay for our legal services. You owe us nothing until we win your case.
For a free case evaluation, contact us online or call (646) 692-0204 today.
We Can Gather Evidence You May Not Be Able to Access to Build Your Claim
Our team of lawyers is ready to help you fight for your rights. If we agree to accept your case, we will begin an immediate and thorough investigation of your accident and injuries, preserve evidence, file all claims in a timely manner, and build a strong case for maximum recovery.
Some of the actions we may take to represent your interests may include:
- Collecting all police and incident reports
- Interviewing witnesses
- Conducting a site visit and taking photographs
- Searching for video footage of the incident, if available
- Consulting experts in accident reconstruction
- Gathering all hospital and medical records
- Filing all claims in a timely manner
- Demanding sworn statements from all at-fault parties
- Retaining medical experts
- Requesting all employment and economic damages proof
- Negotiating with representatives of all at-fault parties
- Analyzing evidence of all present and long-term economic damages
- Preparing your case for trial before a jury in court
Call Our Team of Staten Island Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Today
Since 1988, Dansker & Aspromonte has represented clients throughout the New York City metropolitan area. We will fight hard to help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Call our legal team today at (646) 692-0204.
Focused on Your Recovery
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Wrongul Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Stay in the Know Read Our Personal Injury Blog
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.