Manhattan Truck Accident Lawyers
The roads of the New York City-New Jersey metro area are home to large numbers of trucks and heavy vehicles . This high concentration of vehicles is just one factor that can lead to the presence of trucks navigating in and around Manhattan, which inevitably leads to accidents. Truck accidents can cause substantially greater harm than collisions involving smaller vehicles.
If you or a loved one were injured because of a collision with a truck, the evidence may show that the accident was the result of the fault of a truck driver. If so, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for your losses.
New York Is a City Constantly on the Move
On any given day, New York City roads may be filled with a wide variety of large trucks, including tractor-trailers, dump trucks, cement mixers, box trucks, and other construction vehicles. The large size of these vehicles presents certain safety risks, since these trucks have different blind spots that make seeing you or your vehicle more difficult. This can pose a safety threat to drivers, passengers, and pedestrians on the streets and sidewalks of Manhattan.
While truckers are largely a well-trained and professional industry, truck accidents occur with alarming frequency due to dangerous or careless driving behavior.
The Hazards Presented by Trucks
The trucking industry is essential to making America run. Unfortunately, sometimes their employment or training practices help to contribute to accidents.
These behaviors may include:
- Permitting drivers with questionable criminal and professional histories to work for them
- Failing to administer regular, comprehensive drug screening
- Failing to implement systems that prevent any instance of drunk driving
- Allowing trucks that are not roadworthy to be used
- Failing to abide by trucking industry regulations and standards, including limits on consecutive driving hours
Generally, if a truck driver is in the course of his or her employment when an accident occurs, the employer can be held responsible as well. If an employer of the driver who caused your accident is found to have engaged in any of the above practices, they can also be held responsible for being negligent on other grounds.
Truck accidents can be caused by a wide variety of unsafe driving practices, including:
- Falling asleep while driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Speeding, tailgating, or passing illegally
- Unsafe merging or turning maneuvers
- Texting or driving while distracted
- Operating while tired or fatigued
- Driving while the vehicle has defective tires, mirrors or other malfunction
If you have been involved in an accident, we will consider how any of these or other circumstances contributed to or caused your injuries.
Call our team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP at (646) 692-0204 for a free consultation.
A Lawyer’s Role in a Truck Accident Claim
If you were injured as the result of a truck driver's negligent actions, you have the right to speak to a lawyer. If you retain our services, we will handle all the investigation and filing necessary to build your claim and ensure the best result for you. You can concentrate on your recovery.
Our case building may include:
- Obtaining all incident and accident reports
- Interviewing witnesses
- Performing a site visit to the place of the accident
- Taking photographs
- Retaining accident reconstruction experts or truck engineers
- Receiving all of your EMS, hospital, and medical records
- Consulting with medical experts
- Preparing your case for trial before a jury, if necessary
Our thorough investigation and focus on building your case can help us obtain the best financial recovery for you.
Possible Awards from Your Truck Accident Claim
You may be entitled to substantial monetary compensation for your losses, including:
- Damages to cover your past and future pain and suffering from your injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Loss of past and future income or work benefits
- Medical bills
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Every case is different. You may be entitled to compensation for other damages, depending on the unique facts of your case.
Call Our Team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP Today
Since 1988, our firm has been dedicated to representing accident victims and ensuring they obtain the compensation they deserve. If you have been injured in an accident, your time to bring a claim is limited. If you fail to bring your claim within the required period, you may be forever barred from receiving the compensation for which you are entitled. Don’t delay.
Call our team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP at (646) 692-0204 for a free consultation. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We will only earn a legal fee if you recover compensation.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.