The claims process following a motorcycle accident in NYC isn’t easy––especially while recovering from serious injuries or mourning a loved one. Dealing with an injury case on your own puts you at risk of accepting a low settlement, having your claim denied, or missing case-relevant deadlines.
That’s where Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can help. Since 1988, our skilled attorneys have made a difference in the lives of motorcycle accident claimants. We’ve done this by securing multimillion-dollar awards, working on contingency, and providing honest legal care.
Why Motorcycle Accidents Are So Dangerous
Motorcyclists are extremely vulnerable to injury and death due to the vehicle’s lack of protection. In 2019, there were 5,014 fatalities and roughly 84,000 injuries due to motorcycle crashes, according to the Insurance Information Institute.
Motorcycles are often involved in accidents with other types of motor vehicles because they:
- Are difficult to see
- Become easily lost in the ‘blind spot’ of rearview mirrors
- Are hit when cars quickly switch lanes
- Are followed too closely
- Are hit when vehicles run red lights
There is also the danger of malfunction due to product defects, such as tires blowing out, brakes failing, or other defective events that lead to motorcycle accidents.
Because motorcyclists are only protected by helmets and the clothes they’re wearing, they can sustain major injuries or death when involved in accidents, even at relatively low speeds.
Brain injuries are extremely common in motorcycle crash victims, often requiring the assistance of legal representation to help gain compensation from negligent drivers or part manufacturers. A personal injury attorney from our firm can assist you with pursuing compensation if you’ve suffered motorcycle accident related:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Any injuries requiring medical attention or rehab
For a free legal consultation, call (646) 692-0204
Why It’s Not a Good Idea to Represent Yourself in a Motorcycle Accident Claim
Motorcycle accident claimants have the right to represent themselves in a claim or lawsuit. However, the following factors actually hurt claimants’ cases:
- Most of the time, injured claimants are not lawyers and may only have a vague understanding of courtroom procedure. Even a small misunderstanding can delay litigation or negotiations.
- Even after reviewing their damages, many self represented claimants don’t understand their cases’ values. This puts them at a marked disadvantage when fighting for fair compensation.
- Injured claimants might find themselves asking the defendant’s lawyer for advice. This is a clear conflict of interest.
The skilled New York motorcycle accident lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates strive to make the claims process easier for everyone involved.
How Our Attorneys Make a Difference for Injured Claimants in NYC
We’ve recovered over $450 million for our clients. Our lawyers are committed to your case’s success. Here are some of the ways that we support motorcycle accident claimants and their loved ones:
We Secure Multimillion-Dollar Awards
We’re proud of the verdicts and settlements we’ve achieved for injured claimants. We don’t just help injured motorcyclists—we also help pedestrians injured in these collisions.
For instance, in one case we handled, we secured a $6.3 million settlement for a young woman struck by a speeding police scooter. The other party appealed the court’s decision twice. However, this did not stop us from recovering the damages our client deserved.
We Offer Legal Aid on a Contingency-Fee Basis
We understand that even minor motorcycle accidents can create millions of dollars in damages. That’s why we offer our services on contingency. This means:
- Our clients pay nothing out of pocket for our help
- We don’t charge retainers or hourly fees
- We draw our attorney’s fees from your settlement or court award
There’s virtually no financial risk in hiring our skilled NYC motorcycle accident lawyers.
We Can Manage All Relevant Deadlines in Your Civil Case
Your motorcycle accident case is subject to New York’s civil statute of limitations. This deadline generally grants you a three-year period in which to file your lawsuit. However, the deadline doesn’t apply to everyone. And it may change over time.
The only way to be certain how much time you have to file a claim is to speak to one of our New York motorcycle accident attorneys.
Our lawyers review all relevant deadlines as they pertain to your situation and file all documents on time. This is just one of the many ways that we support injured motorcyclists’ legal interests.
We Fight Back Against Claim Denials
We’ve seen insurance companies deny valid motorcycle accident claims. When this happens, we do everything in our power to secure a just outcome. This involves gathering evidence, negotiating a settlement, and identifying all available means to compensate you for your injuries.
Our trial-ready lawyers have no problem taking motorcycle accident cases to court. If the insurer denies your claim, we can file a lawsuit against the at-fault party and present you case to a jury in Court at trial if necessary.
We Provide Exceptional Legal Services
Not all attorneys are the same. If you have been seriously injured as the result of the fault of another, you deserve the very best legal services to obtain maximum compensation. Our firm has been fighting for injury victims like you since 1988. We pride ourselves on honesty and transparency.
Here are just some of the comments previous clients have left regarding our legal services:
- “They are the best in the industry. They worked hard for my family to get the justice we deserved. I was very comfortable working with them, they made me feel like they were family. Always attentive, kind and responsive. I still feel like I need to call them for the holidays!” ––Madelin F.
- “I would highly recommend this law firm. Everyone there treated me so well. They were very considerate of my limitations and went out of their way to accommodate me…” ––Martha D.
- “I would personally like to thank Sal Aspromonte, Raymond Maceira, and the entire staff for your kindness and professionalism. From the very beginning of the process to the end, you have always treated me with respect and dignity.” ––Kim M.
We encourage you to check out our online video testimonials.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Partner With Dansker & Aspromonte Associates on Your Injury Claim
If you or a loved one suffered harm in a motorcycle accident, you have the opportunity to partner with our skilled New York personal injury law firm. Working with our team versus another inexperienced firm or going it alone can make a huge difference in your case’s outcome.
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates serves the New York metropolitan area, as well as Nassau and Suffolk counties. Begin your free case review with our motorcycle accident team by calling us or filling out our online contact form.
Call or text (646) 692-0204 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form