A recent motorcycle accident in which the motorcycle driver was unfortunately killed brought to light the many dangers motorcyclists face every time they get on the road. NYC personal injury lawyers see their fare share of motorcycle accident attorneys cases in the city due to the congestion and failure of car drivers to always respect proper laws and share the roads.
For a free legal consultation, call 212-732-2929
As with any accident, there are certain rights you have and actions you must take in order to protect yourself. Insurance companies will often try to blame the motorcycle rider for the accident, but quite often the real responsible party is the car driver. In order to protect yourself and assert your legal rights, personal injury attorneys in NYC suggest remembering these simple facts:
- You have the right not to agree to any settlement from the insurance companies.
- You have the right to recover monetary compensation for damages caused by the other parties involved in the accident.
- You have the right to legal representation from NYC serious injury lawyers.
- You have the right to receive medical treatment and continuing care should your injuries require it.
- You have the right to receive monetary compensation for punitive damages.
After a motorcycle accident, take the time to speak with a personal injury lawyer in NYC. A free consultation will further explain your rights and help you recover damages, as well as protect you from the insurance companies who may try to place the blame for the accident upon you or offer you a low settlement.