A New York car accident can be a traumatic event. One moment, you’re driving to work or traveling home from a weekend trip. The next, you’re confused, in pain, perhaps facing serious limitations on your ability to carry on with life as you knew it. Your vehicle may be totaled, other family members may be injured, and you may be unable to work.
If you’re like many car accident victims, you may be unsure of what to do next. While there’s no legal or procedural requirement that you work with a personal injury lawyer to pursue compensation after a car accident, an experienced car accident attorney can be the best source of guidance and advocacy during a difficult time.
7 Ways a New York City Car Accident Attorney Can Help
- A personal injury lawyer experienced in handling car accident cases can serve as a buffer between you and insurance company representatives, who will often attempt to trick you into an inadequate settlement or lead you into making statements that may harm your case.
- A seasoned personal injury attorney will know how to build a strong case on your behalf, including gathering evidence, locating and identifying witnesses, ensuring that all responsible parties are included as defendants, and securing qualified experts for the investigative and trial stages.
- When you retain a personal injury attorney to represent you, the law firm takes over management of dates, deadlines, and procedural requirements that may be unfamiliar to an accident victim who is not experienced in litigation. This reduces the chance that a claim will be lost or damaged due to oversights, and frees the injured party to focus on caring for himself and his family.
- A litigant in a personal injury case is required to comply with all substantive and technical requirements, whether or not he is represented by an attorney. An experienced car accident lawyer knows how to schedule and take depositions, create a foundation for admissibility of evidence, follow the proper format for motions and pleadings, and otherwise move a case forward.
- Litigating a car accident case can be expensive, and an injured plaintiff with large medical bills and lost work time may not be able to afford to pursue the compensation he deserves. An established personal injury law firm can advance the funds to pay for investigators, expert witnesses, and other costs of litigation.
Talk to a New York Car Accident Attorney
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you have nothing to lose by scheduling a consultation with a New York personal injury lawyer. We know that most people who have been seriously injured don’t have money to invest in attorney fees, expert witnesses, and other expenses associated with a car accident case. That’s why our firm offers free consultations to car accident victims, and handles personal injury cases on a contingency basis. A contingency fee arrangement means that we don’t charge a fee unless and until we collect money for you, either by settling your case or winning a verdict at trial.
It’s easy to get started. Just fill out the form at the top of this page or call us at (844) 469-5291 to schedule a consultation with a car accident attorney (NYC).