What Are the Different Types of Spinal Cord Injuries?
According to the Mayo Clinic, there are two different types of spinal cord injuries: complete and incomplete. A complete spinal cord injury means there is generally no movement or sensation below the point of injury. An incomplete injury often involves limited movement or sensation below the point of trauma.
No matter what type of spinal cord injury you have, you could be facing chronic pain and limitations to your mobility and ability to work. You might require around-the-clock medical care or have to use assistive devices to promote your quality of life. While every case is unique, there is no cure for a spinal cord injury. Here are some adaptive measures, however, that could help you live a normal life.
The Implications of a Spinal Cord Injury
A spinal cord injury can have catastrophic effects on all aspects of your life.
Mayo Clinic notes that after being injured, you could suffer from:
- Impaired mobility
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Difficulty breathing
- Uncontrollable movements or spasms
- Loss of sensation
- Pain or discomfort
- Changes in sexual function and fertility
If you suffered a spinal cord injury, consult with a medical professional. They can provide more information regarding your diagnosis and treatment options.
For a free legal consultation, call (646) 692-0204.
Situations That Could Result in a Spinal Cord Injury
The spinal cord performs an important function in receiving messages from the brain. These messages relay instructions for movement and experiencing sensation. A spinal cord injury can affect your career, relationships, and overall quality of life.
There are multiple ways a spinal cord injury can occur, per Healthlinecauses range from:
- Vehicular collisions
- Physical assaults
- Construction site accidents
- Sporting injuries
- Diving accidents
If your spinal cord injury was the result of another party’s negligence, you could have the basis of a claim for money damages. You might be able to pursue compensation for all of your damages including your pain and suffering, medical bills and lost income. Call the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP at (646) 692-0204 to learn more.
Financial Recovery Options After Being Injured
A spinal cord injury can change your life forever. Right now, you might be suffering from mental health complications along with the physical impairments of a spinal cord injury. When you work with our experienced and dedicated lawyers, we can investigate the circumstances of your accident and build a strong case for you while you can focus on your own recovery.
Each personal injury case is unique. If the evidence that we gather indicates that another party or parties is/are responsible for your injuries, the law entitles you to demand fair and just compensation for every type of damage that you suffered.
This compensation can include money for:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries you sustained
- Future pain and suffering for all permanent injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Medical costs, including hospitalization, hospital fees, and doctors’ visits
- Ongoing medical costs, including rehabilitation, therapies, and prescription medications
- Lost wages, which compensate you for your time missed from work
- Diminished earning capacity, if you are unable to return to the same job you had before being injured
- Any other out-of-pocket expenses for things such as medical equipment, home adaptations, and more
You might be able to recover compensation for other items that are unique to your case.
If You Have Been Involved in an Accident, Follow These Tips
After being injured in an accident, the steps you take can make a big difference in the strength of your case.
Follow these tips and then call the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP:
- Call the police to the scene of your accident
- Request that an accident or incident report be completed
- Get the name and contact information of any witnesses
- Determine if there is video footage of your accident
- Have photographs taken of the scene if possible
- Obtain medical attention immediately
- Follow all medical advice or instructions
- Do not post statements or photographs on social media
- Do not delay consulting an attorney
- Do not give any statements about the accident to representatives of the at-party party or parties until you speak to a lawyer
- Do not accept an offer to settle your claim before speaking to a lawyer
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP Today for Help
You do not have to bear the burden of your personal injury case alone. When you partner with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP, our legal team can strategize a plan of action while you focus on your health. Our ultimate goal is to get you the best possible recovery for you and your family –– even if we have to take your case to trial.
In our decades of experience, we have represented thousands of injury victims just like you. While every case is unique, we have been able to secure over $500 million dollars for our clients. In one case, for example, we were able to secure a $2.4 million settlement for a young woman who suffered a spinal cord injury after being hit by a vehicle.
We serve the New York metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties. We have an office across the street from the World Trade Center.
Call us today. The consultation is free and if we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only get paid if you recover compensation. But don’t delay. If you fail to bring your claim within a certain deadline, you may be prevented from receiving compensation.
To get started, call us at (646) 692-0204.
Innovative Legal StrategiesEach client that comes to our team gets a managing partner and trial partner dedicated to their case. We put our collective 100 years of experience behind your case to obtain the best possible outcome on your behalf.
Small Firm Dedication & FocusOur firm is different from most firms in our area in that we are a “boutique” type firm that is small enough to give personal attention to our clients and yet experienced and powerful with a reputation as a hard-hitting litigation firm.
Providing Answers & SolutionsOur team is committed to always being able to provide you with updates on your case and answers to your questions. This is your case and we want to be sure you are confident every step of the way.
Proven Record of SuccessDansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP has been advocating for the rights of the injured since 1986. We have the tools, resources, knowledge, and commitment to get you the best possible outcome.