Serious injuries can result from a fall. From head injuries including traumatic brain injuries (TBI) to breaking or fracturing bones, the injuries can leave you disabled, unable to work, and wondering about your legal right to compensation.
If a property or business owner was negligent in keeping their property, store, or restaurant safe, they may face liability for the damages you suffered due to their negligence. The damages associated with the injuries you suffered and treatment for those injuries can be a significant component of a personal injury case.
A personal injury lawyer from Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can represent you with a civil claim and lawsuit. To do so, they must review your case and gather evidence. You must act quickly to file your civil lawsuit – state laws limit the time allowed to commence a lawsuit seeking compensation.
The Connection Between Falls and Injuries
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Protection (CDC), one of the leading types of injuries from a fall is a head injury. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is especially devastating due to its impact on normal brain function.
If a loved one suffered a TBI in a tragic fall, they may need more assistance than you can provide. Placing them in a skilled living facility is expensive. In addition to a TBI, other types of serious injuries from a fall can include:
- Broken or fractured bones including hips, wrists and ankles: Many slip and fall accident victims suffer broken wrists as they try to stop their fall, as Mayo Clinic discusses, or broken ankles when they twist or land on their ankles.
- Spinal cord injury: This catastrophic injury can leave a victim paralyzed and in need of home modifications and other expensive adjustments. These injuries may also leave the victim with chronic pain requiring extensive physical therapy, pain management and surgery.
- Tears of tendons, ligaments or cartilage of joints: These types of injuries often affect the knee, shoulder, and ankles and may require surgical repair and physical therapy and rehabilitation.
This is not a complete list of injuries that can result from a serious fall. An especially violent fall can result in more than one injury, longstanding pain and suffering and extensive medical costs.
For a free legal consultation, call (212) 732-2929
Examples of Property Owner Negligence That Could Have Injured You
With proper maintenance and care, property and business owners can safely welcome guests. When a property falls into neglect or the owner of the property or business fails to keep the property in a reasonably safe condition free of dangerous conditions, the property or business owner faces liability for any accident and damage that occurs as a result.
The following examples demonstrate several ways a serious fall can occur:
- Stairs in need of repair and the installation of a handrail
- Wet floors from a spill or leaking condition
- Cords stretched across floors
- Torn or frayed carpet
- Poorly maintained sidewalks or walkways
It is not acceptable for property or business owners to fail to take the necessary steps to keep their premises free of dangerous conditions in order to keep their customers or visitors free from harm. A property owner who refuses to undertake the necessary repairs or maintenance may be held liable for injuries caused by dangerous conditions that are allowed to remain present on their property or place of business.
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Can Help You With Your Slip and Fall Case
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we fight for the compensation our clients need and deserve. We hold negligent property and business owners and their insurance companies accountable for the fair compensation that our clients are entitled to.
Never speak with an insurance adjuster without legal representation. By doing so, you may make damaging statements that can negatively affect your case and result in severe consequences. Protect your case and financial future by referring adjusters to your lawyer.
Severe injuries can result from a slip or trip and fall. A fall typically results in your body striking a hard surface. The outcome can include injuries so severe that you may face a long recovery and permanent harm.
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates works on a contingency-fee basis. We only collect our fee if we obtain a monetary recovery for you in your case. We proudly serve Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk counties.
The Tasks That Your Lawyer Will Accomplish for Your
Financial compensation for your injuries is possible. A personal injury lawyer can build a case based upon the evidence, including accident scene photos and witness accounts. The injuries you suffered were likely preventable, had the property or business owner used reasonable care.
A personal injury lawyer can assist you in your fight for justice. We can investigate your accident to determine what the property owner did or did not do that caused your fall and locate and preserve evidence before it is lost. In certain cases, the following circumstances may exist:
- The hazard existed for so long, the property or business owner should have known about it.
- The property or business owner was aware of the danger, but failed to make necessary repairs, replacements, or warn the public about the danger.
- The property or business owner or their agents caused or created the dangerous condition due to their negligence.
If you or a loved one suffered serious harm in a trip or slip and fall accident, let a lawyer from our team get to work for you. We will fight for compensation for your pain and suffering, medical costs, and lost income.
Take action against a property or business owner who failed to take the necessary steps to keep you safe. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates now for a free case evaluation: (212) 732-2929.