What Is Personal Injury Compensation?
Personal injury compensation is the money you can receive from a personal injury claim after someone else’s negligence results in physical and emotional harm to you. Though every case is unique and based upon particular facts and circumstances, you may be entitled to fair and just compensation for the following damages:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Future pain and suffering, if the evidence shows your injuries are permanent
- Medical expenses due to your injuries
- Future medical expenses, if the evidence shows you will require future treatment
- Lost income caused by an injury
- Future lost income, if the evidence shows you will not be able to return to work
- Other out of pocket expenses caused by your injuries
- Loss of services and diminished relationship with your spouse
These are just a few types of damages that you may be able to recoup through a personal injury claim.
When to Bring a Personal Injury Lawsuit
If you have suffered serious injuries due to the fault of another, speak to the experienced lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates as soon as possible to discuss your rights, even if you are not sure you have a strong case. You may be entitled to substantial compensation. Our lawyers offer a free consultation. Don’t delay however as there are deadlines that limit the time you have to file your claim. If you fail to file your claim within the deadline, you may be forever barred from receiving the financial compensation you deserve.
Personal injury cases cover a wide variety of incidents including:
- Construction accidents
- Non-construction workplace accidents
- Accidents caused by dangerous property conditions
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian trip and fall accidents
- Dangerous roadway defects
- Unsafe security at a premises leading to an assault
- Animal attacks, such as dog bites
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Medical malpractice
This is just a short list of the types of accidents that may lead to a personal injury claim. Since 1988, the team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has been dedicated to fighting for the rights of injury victims just like you.
For a free legal consultation, call (646) 692-0204.
Assessing the Value of Your Personal Injury Case
If the available evidence shows that your injuries were the result of someone else’s fault, the law entitles you to fair and reasonable compensation for each and every type of damage you sustained. However, the parties often disagree as to what is fair and reasonable. When determining what your personal injury-related damages are worth, even the steps you take immediately following your accident may affect the value of your claim. Follow this advice in order to protect yourself:
- Call the police
- Request that a police or incident report be completed
- Try to collect the names and contact information of all witnesses
- Take photographs
- Request medical attention immediately
- Follow all medical instructions
- Do not give any statements to representatives of the at-fault party
- Do not post on social media
- Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates
Once you contact our offices for your free consultation, we can begin an investigation of your accident, preserve evidence, and build a strong claim while you can focus on your own recovery. If we agree to accept your case, we will not require that you pay us any money upfront. We only receive a legal fee when you recover compensation.
In many instances, the quality and thoroughness of your lawyer’s investigation may mean the difference between a strong or weak claim. At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we focus on the investigation of your claim as the foundation for success since the value of your damages is intertwined with your damages and the fault of another. A full investigation will uncover both weak and strong points that must be considered and defended. Our customary investigation may include:
- Obtaining all police or incident reports
- Interviewing witnesses
- Securing photographs of the scene, vehicle damage, and/or injury photos
- Searching for video footage of the incident
- Requesting all hospital and medical records
- Demanding sworn statements from all witnesses and parties
- Performing a site visit
- Consulting an expert in accident reconstruction
- Researching regulations, codes, and statistics as applicable
- Retaining medical experts
- Gathering all employment or income records
- Consulting an economist regarding the economic impact of your injuries
Once we have conducted our thorough investigation we can begin to evaluate what represents fair and just compensation for you. Though every case is unique, generally speaking, the value of your claim is dependent upon the following factors:
- The strength of the claim that the other party was responsible. If you were also at fault, this weakens the overall value of your damages
- The type of injury or injuries you sustained
- The severity of your injuries
- Whether your injuries are permanent
- Whether your injuries required surgical intervention
- Your psychological and emotional trauma
- Whether you were unable to work
- Will you be able to work in the future
- Changes in your personality and mood
- If you sustained a permanent disability or scar
- If you experience chronic pain
- If you have any out-of-pocket medical expenses
- If you will have any future medical expenses
- The amount of available insurance covering the at-fault party or parties
If the injuries from another’s fault resulted in death, the law permits you to commence a wrongful death action. In that instance, a loved one is permitted to claim additional damages such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of guidance, comfort, and companionship to family members
- Loss of retirement or pension benefits
- Any other economic losses resulting from the death
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
When you team up with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, our goal is to get the best possible outcome for you. While we fight for your right to compensation, you can focus on your recovery.
Since 1988, we have been helping injured claimants throughout the New York metropolitan area, including Brooklyn, the Bronx, Staten Island, Queens, Manhattan, and Nassau and Suffolk counties.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today for a free consultation. Do not wait to call, as you have a limited period to pursue compensation. Our lawyers are ready to help you. Call or text (646) 692-0204 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form.
Innovative Legal StrategiesEach client that comes to our team gets a managing partner and trial partner dedicated to their case. We put our collective 100 years of experience behind your case to obtain the best possible outcome on your behalf.
Small Firm Dedication & FocusOur firm is different from most firms in our area in that we are a “boutique” type firm that is small enough to give personal attention to our clients and yet experienced and powerful with a reputation as a hard-hitting litigation firm.
Providing Answers & SolutionsOur team is committed to always being able to provide you with updates on your case and answers to your questions. This is your case and we want to be sure you are confident every step of the way.
Proven Record of SuccessDansker & Aspromonte has been advocating for the rights of the injured since 1986. We have the tools, resources, knowledge, and commitment to get you the best possible outcome.