What Qualifies as a Personal Injury?
A personal injury occurs when someone’s unsafe or unreasonable behavior causes you physical or emotional harm. That action is also referred to as “negligence”. In these situations, you can choose to pursue financial recovery for your injuries either through a lawsuit or an out-of-court settlement. The lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP can help you decide whether the unique facts of your case justify bringing a claim against the negligent person or organization.
You have the absolute right to bring a lawsuit against someone who has caused you injury even if:
- Your incident was not reported
- Your injuries were not immediately apparent after the incident
- The responsible party has no insurance or minimal insurance to cover your injuries
- You do not have legal documentation in the U.S.
New York Law allows you to pursue the cost of both your economic and noneconomic damages in a variety of different situations following your personal injuries. It is imperative that you contact the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP immediately after you sustain injuries so that we may advise you how to best protect your interests and so that we may begin an investigation into the circumstances of your injuries.
Scenarios That May Warrant a Personal Injury Claim
A successful personal injury claim is built upon an incident that results in actual physical or emotional injury. For example, if you were driving and a car in front of you braked suddenly, causing you to almost hit them, you do not have the basis of a claim. You must have actual physical or emotional damages to take the responsible party to court or pursue a settlement.
Some examples of a personal injury case include:
- Construction accidents such as a falls from ladders, scaffolds or over other dangerous conditions on the job site
- Premises liability, if you were injured while visiting another party’s property or business
- Slip and fall accidents on such things as snow, ice or other slippery substances
- Medical error or other forms of malpractice or nursing home negligence
- Product liability, if you were injured by a defective item while using it as instructed
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Bicycle accidents involving motor vehicles or dangerous conditions on the road
- Trip and falls over broken or raised sidewalks or other defective conditions
Someone’s passing as a result of another party’s negligence is also a type of personal injury case. It is important to remember that injuries accompanying a personal injury lawsuit may be physical, emotional, or psychological in nature. For example, you may be able to pursue the cost of your physical injuries along with the emotional implications of the accident itself.
Even if you feel that your injury is not big enough to involve a lawyer, please contact us so that we can provide you with a free consultation. Many times, what appears to be a small problem immediately after an accident can grow into a more serious problem.
Possible Compensation in a Personal Injury Case
The goal of your legal team in a personal injury case is to get maximum compensation on your behalf that covers all of your unique injuries and emotional harm together with the economic effects of those injuries on you. Two injured persons can have two completely different sized recoveries. The lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP are dedicated to ensuring that our clients receive the best result based upon their own unique circumstances.
If we are able to show that your injuries were the result of someone else’s fault we will strive to obtain maximum recovery for:
- Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life
- Both current and anticipated medical bills
- The cost of rehabilitative treatment
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Emotional trauma
- Expenses associated with wrongful death, such as loss of guidance or services in the home to other family members or funeral costs
If you wish to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party, how long you have to act will depend on the specifics of each case. Regardless of your situation you should contact the attorneys at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP immediately to ensure that a timely investigation of your case can be undertaken and to protect your rights. If you do not act within the state’s timeframe, you may lose the right to seek financial recovery forever.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP Today
Although you can represent yourself in a claim for personal injuries, this is usually not a good idea since the insurance companies representing the other side will usually take the claim less seriously and as a result offer you less money. The help of personal injury attorneys who can serve as your guide through the legal process is often the best route to ensure the highest recovery. Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP serves Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties. We have dedicated ourselves for decades to ensuring the best results for our clients.
We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that we do not require payment until the successful resolution of your case. If we cannot get compensation for your personal injury claim, then you do not owe us any attorney’s fees.
When you work with us, some of the services we may conduct on your behalf include:
- Investigating the details of your accident
- Filing your lawsuit in the proper legal venue.
- Obtaining all medical records and expert investigation regarding your injuries
- Keeping you updated on your case’s progression and any impending deadlines.
- Representing your interests in settlement negotiations.
- Calculating the maximum damages for which you may be entitled.
- Arguing your case at trial, if necessary.
Our goal is to protect your rights and fight for the compensation to which you and your loved ones are entitled. We have spent decades fighting for clients. Some of the results we have recovered for past clients include:
- $50 million for a child who suffered brain damage due to a procedure to repair a droopy eyelid
- $21.5 million for the family members of a sanitation worker who passed away after suffering a leg injury in an accident that was later improperly treated by a surgeon
- $10.3 million for a woman struck by a truck
- $8 million for 60 tenants who suffered injuries due to smoke inhalation from a Harlem fire
Innovative Legal StrategiesEach client that comes to our team gets a managing partner and trial partner dedicated to their case. We put our collective 100 years of experience behind your case to obtain the best possible outcome on your behalf.
Small Firm Dedication & FocusOur firm is different from most firms in our area in that we are a “boutique” type firm that is small enough to give personal attention to our clients and yet experienced and powerful with a reputation as a hard-hitting litigation firm.
Providing Answers & SolutionsOur team is committed to always being able to provide you with updates on your case and answers to your questions. This is your case and we want to be sure you are confident every step of the way.
Proven Record of SuccessDansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP has been advocating for the rights of the injured since 1986. We have the tools, resources, knowledge, and commitment to get you the best possible outcome.