What Qualifies as Pain and Suffering?
The following types of injuries may qualify you for an award of damages for pain and suffering:
- Physical pain
- Emotional pain
- Psychological trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent disability
- Disfiguring scarring
- Inability to perform activities of daily living
These categories of harm could include several specific conditions and are based upon the unique facts and circumstances of your case. Our lawyers will gather evidence from medical experts and your own testimony to build your claim to obtain full and just monetary compensation for pain and suffering.
Pain and Suffering Can Involve Physical Pain and Mental Illness
Certain conditions fall under the umbrella term of “pain and suffering.” Pain and suffering can include much more than physical injuries and disabilities. In cases of severe or catastrophic physical injury cases, victims often suffer profound emotional injuries as well. Some possible forms of emotional or psychological pain and suffering include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes could be the result of an accident trauma
- Recurring traumatic dreams
- Mental disorders, such as depression and anxiety
- Changes in your personality, such as being withdrawn
- Experiencing emotional outbursts
For a free legal consultation, call (646) 692-0204
Your Lawyer Can Help You Seek Justice for Your Pain and Suffering
Since 1988, the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates have been fighting for accident victims just like you. If you or someone you know has been seriously injured by the fault of another, our team is ready to help. Call us today at (646) 692-0204. We offer a free consultation.
Whether your injuries occurred in a motor vehicle accident, construction or worksite mishap, fall on a premises, sidewalk or roadway, nursing home negligence, medical malpractice, or other accident, our lawyers will investigate the evidence in your unique case and build a case which demands maximum monetary compensation for your physical and emotional pain and suffering. Using the evidence gathered in your case, we will have to prove that someone else’s negligence caused your injuries and losses. The American Bar Association (ABA) explains that negligence occurs when someone does not act in a way that a reasonable person would, and harm results because of their actions or failures. A party may be considered negligent because of their actions or their failure to take action.
Besides pain and suffering, you are also entitled to demand monetary compensation for all economic and other damages you sustained including:
- Lost earnings
- Future lost earnings
- Loss of other future financial benefits
- Hospital and medical expenses
- Future hospital and medical expenses
- Funeral and burial expenses, in the event of death
- Loss of guidance and services, in the event of death
- Cost of adaptations around the home
- Any other out of pocket expenses related to the injury
Every personal injury and wrongful death case is unique. You can discuss how your injuries have impacted your life with our legal team, who will incorporate these financial losses into your claim.
Our Lawyers Will Perform a Thorough Investigation of Your Case
In many instances, the difference between a strong claim and a weak one is dependent upon the quality and thoroughness of the investigation undertaken by your lawyers. At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates we have decades of experience fighting for injury victims just like you. When we accept your case, we will investigate and build your case with dedication to maximizing your monetary compensation.
Our investigation customarily involves:
- Obtaining all police or incident reports
- Interviewing witnesses
- Securing accident scene, vehicle damage, or injury photographs
- Requesting video footage, if available
- Compiling all hospital and medical records
- Analyzing earnings records to determine the full value of lost earnings
- Demanding sworn statements from all at-fault parties
- Consulting experts in accident reconstruction
- Retaining medical experts to give opinions as to the permanent effect of your physical and emotional injuries
- Interviewing family members
- Consulting experts in vocational rehabilitation and economics
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates (646) 692-0204 for a free consultation. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only earn a fee unless you receive compensation. Don’t delay. There are deadlines that limit your right to recover money. If you fail to file your claim for benefits or monetary damages you may be forever prevented from receiving the financial compensation you deserve. Call us today.
The team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates represents clients throughout the New York City metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties. We want to represent you or your loved one, and we fight for the best possible outcome for your case.
Innovative Legal StrategiesEach client that comes to our team gets a managing partner and trial partner dedicated to their case. We put our collective 75 years of experience behind your case to obtain the best possible outcome on your behalf.
Small Firm Dedication & FocusOur firm is different from most firms in our area in that we are a “boutique” type firm that is small enough to give personal attention to our clients and yet experienced and powerful with a reputation as a hard-hitting litigation firm.
Providing Answers & SolutionsOur team is committed to always being able to provide you with updates on your case and answers to your questions. This is your case and we want to be sure you are confident every step of the way.
Proven Record of SuccessDansker & Aspromonte has been advocating for the rights of the injured since 1986. We have the tools, resources, knowledge, and commitment to get you the best possible outcome.