What Types of Construction Accidents Can Lead to Brain Injuries?
The types of construction accidents that can lead to brain injuries include falls and falling objects, among others. Any incident that results in blunt force or repeated stress on the head or neck can lead to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
Falls are common causes of TBI; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that unintentional falls are the second most significant cause of death from traumatic brain injury. If you were involved in a construction accident resulting in an injury to your brain, we can investigate your case and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Types of Compensation You May Be Able to Recover After a Construction Accident
Traumatic brain injuries can be especially costly to diagnose and treat. As an injured worker, you could seek compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries you have sustained and may sustain into the future, including your loss of enjoyment of life, diminished quality of life, and mental anguish
- Medical bills associated with doctor visits, trips to the emergency room, hospital stays, surgical procedures, medications, rehabilitation services, and more
- Lost wages that include past, present, and future income lost as a result of the accident
- Compensation for a worker’s death, including the cost of funeral and burial services for your loved one, loss of guidance and financial support, and more
If you were injured while you were working, you may also be able to receive benefits through New York’s workers’ compensation insurance in addition to compensation from the personal injury claim.
How Our Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Construction Accident
We can help you recover fair and just compensation for each and every type of injury or damage you sustained due to the fault of others. Our sole goal is to fight for the best possible outcome for your case.
If you have been injured on a job site, there are several steps you should take to ensure the best result in your claim. Regardless of the circumstances of your case, follow these simple instructions if possible:
- Report the incident immediately
- Call the police and EMS to the scene
- Take photographs of the scene of your incident if possible or ask someone else to take photographs for you
- Record the names and addresses of any witnesses to your accident
- Receive immediate medical attention to evaluate your injuries
- Follow up with medical professionals to carefully monitor your condition
- Consult a lawyer as soon as possible
Actions we will take on your behalf include:
- Investigate the events leading up to the accident to prove fault and establish liability
- Interview any witnesses and secure video footage of your incident
- Advise you regarding the process for filing for workers’ compensation benefits
- Handle all communication with your employer, any involved third parties, and their insurance adjusters
- Consult with industry experts to secure expert testimony
- Gather medical evidence and build your case
- Secure sworn testimony from any at-fault parties
- Negotiate for a settlement that truly covers your expenses
- Litigate your case at trial before a jury if an agreement cannot be reached through settlement negotiations
If you are not sure whether you have a strong claim, contact an experienced construction accident attorney to discuss your rights. New York law provides injured workers with powerful protections, but not all construction injuries result in a successful case. Proving negligence on a job site can be complicated, but our lawyers will ensure you get the justice you deserve.
Call Our Attorneys Today for a Free Consultation
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today for a free case review with a member of our team. We will review your case, answer any questions you have, and guide you in how to proceed.
We will be there for you every step of the way. If we agree to manage your case, you pay us nothing upfront.
Call or text (646) 692-0204 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form.
Innovative Legal StrategiesEach client that comes to our team gets a managing partner and trial partner dedicated to their case. We put our collective 100 years of experience behind your case to obtain the best possible outcome on your behalf.
Small Firm Dedication & FocusOur firm is different from most firms in our area in that we are a “boutique” type firm that is small enough to give personal attention to our clients and yet experienced and powerful with a reputation as a hard-hitting litigation firm.
Providing Answers & SolutionsOur team is committed to always being able to provide you with updates on your case and answers to your questions. This is your case and we want to be sure you are confident every step of the way.
Proven Record of SuccessDansker & Aspromonte has been advocating for the rights of the injured since 1986. We have the tools, resources, knowledge, and commitment to get you the best possible outcome.