When a cyclist is involved in an accident with another motorist or dangerous road defect, their injuries can be quite severe because they travel with limited personal protection. The team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates understands how a bicycle crash can mean drastic changes to your lifestyle on a physical, emotional, and financial level. We will work hard to hold those responsible for your injuries accountable for their actions.
Since 1988, our lawyers have fought for injury victims so that they receive fair and just compensation for all of their damages. We work for you so that you can concentrate on your recovery. Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has recovered over $450 million for injured people, including a $6.25 million verdict for a young bike delivery man who was struck by a speeding van. We are ready to help you too.
Reach out today for a free case evaluation with our team.
You will not be Required to Pay Us Any Money Upfront
If we agree to accept your case, we will work on a contingency-fee–basis. That means you will pay us nothing upfront, and we will only receive a legal fee if you obtain compensation.
We will Conduct a Thorough Investigation of How Your Accident Occurred to Help You Build the Strongest Case
While each accident case is dependent upon unique facts and circumstances, the best financial recovery is often based upon the quality legal representation that builds the strongest case for you. At our firm, we focus on investigating your accident fully and will spare no expense to present your side of the story.
Besides obtaining all accident and police reports, witness statements, accident scene or injury photographs, hospital and medical records, we will consult experts in accident reconstruction and medicine to present your strongest case. This evidence will help demonstrate the other party’s negligence.
Whenever you’re trying to prove the other party’s negligence, you must do so by applying four elements while using the evidence and testimony mentioned above.
In the event that a driver caused the crash, you could argue:
- Duty of care: The other party was supposed to drive responsibly, making your safety a top priority.
- Breach of duty: The other party failed to adhere to the road rules by texting and driving or driving recklessly.
- Causation: Since they didn’t see you on your bike or it was too late for them to react by the time they saw you, they hit and injured you.
- Damages: You now have to deal with medical expenses, pain and suffering, and missing work, among other damages.
Car drivers aren’t the only potentially liable parties in bicycle accident cases. A government corporation, a mechanic, a parts manufacturer, or another road user could have acted carelessly, ultimately triggering the accident.
Our Lawyers can Handle the Insurance Companies for You
A negligent driver or insurance company will invariably seek to offer you as little as possible and attempt to apportion some of the blame for the accident to you or to deny, stall or lowball your claim. To succeed with this endeavor, they might make contact with you to take your statement.
We deal with insurers and their manipulative ways on a regular basis, so whenever this happens, refer them to your lawyer as soon as you can. From there, we can negotiate for the best possible outcome, a figure that will sufficiently cover all your losses. If we can’t come to an agreement, we have no issue with disputing your case in court.
Having a lawyer from our firm on your side can ensure your rights are protected at all times and that your best interests are served both in and out of court.
Protecting Your Rights as a Cyclist in New York
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has helped many bike accident victims fight for a recovery that fairly and justly compensates them for each and every aspect of their damages including, if applicable:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Future pain and suffering for all permanent injuries
- Hospital and medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs and any adjustments required in the home
- Loss of wages
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Funeral and burial costs in the tragic event of wrongful death
- Loss of guidance or services around the home
- Any other out-of-pocket expenses
How do You Secure Compensation After a Bicycle Accident in New York?
If you have been hurt in a bicycle collision with another motorist or road defect and suffered injuries due to negligence, you may have grounds to claim compensation. The actions you take immediately following your accident, however, may have a significant impact on the strength of your case. After your accident:
- Call the police to the scene of the accident.
- Obtain the names of all witnesses.
- Take photographs if you are able.
- Seek out medical attention immediately.
- Refrain from talking to representatives from the other side until you speak to a lawyer.
- Seek out an experienced lawyer as soon as possible.
- Be aware that there are filing deadlines.
- Retain all bills for medical and out-of-pocket expenses.
These are just a few examples of the actions you can take to help build your case even before you hire a lawyer to represent you. Once you retain us, we will work together to ensure the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents You can Include as Grounds for Your Claim
Cyclists have genuine concerns about the safety issues and risks involved with riding in NYC and its surrounding areas. Primary causes of bike crashes are attributed to:
- Distracted driving: Driver using a cell phone or in-car technology
- Impaired driving: Drug or alcohol use while driving
- Dooring: Motorists opening doors in front of an oncoming cyclist
- Poor road conditions: Potholes, cracks on the road surface
- Reckless driving: Speeding or driving without regard for the safety of other road users. Drivers failing to see cyclists when turning or changing lanes, vehicles pulling out of a junction, and vehicles turning into the path of cyclists also occur.
If you were injured in a cycling accident or have tragically lost a loved one, our bicycle accident lawyers will listen to your account of what happened and determine if you have grounds for a compensation claim.
Contact the team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today.
Including Your Medical Costs in Your Claim
Few crashes are as severe as those involving a cyclist struck by another road user. With limited protection available, cyclists are uniquely vulnerable to catastrophic and sometimes fatal injuries, which can be caused by negligent driving, defective bike manufacturing, or poor road conditions.
Thankfully, many cyclists are lucky enough to walk away with minor injuries after a crash; however, others are left with debilitating injuries that can take months or even years to fully heal.
Medical bills stemming from these injuries can quickly run into millions in some circumstances and may require long-term rehabilitative intervention. It may seem like an uphill struggle to even contemplate legal action while you are trying to manage a severe injury. However, knowing you have our New York bicycle accident lawyers working for you will help you concentrate on your recovery and give you hope.
Get Started on Your Case with One of Our Attorneys Today
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in a bike accident caused by someone’s negligence, contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today and find out how we can help you.
Do not delay. Your time to file a lawsuit is limited. If you fail to bring your lawsuit within the deadline, you may be forever prevented from receiving the compensation you deserve.