New York Daycare Accident Attorneys
Daycare Injury Lawyers in New York City
Daycare injuries can cause difficult and confusing experiences for both parents and children. Parents may not know what to do in the wake of an accident or injury to their child, especially if they are unsure of who is liable. That's why it's important to seek legal counsel from a law firm that focuses on helping parents whose children have been hurt in New York daycare centers.
With years of experience and naturally compassionate outlooks, our New York daycare injury lawyers of Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP are here to guide you through the process of pursuing legal action. We understand that this is a stressful time, so we are here to protect your family’s rights so you can focus on what matters most – your child’s well-being.
Talk to our attorneys today. Just dial (646) 692-0204 to request a no-cost consultation.
Causes of Daycare Injuries & Accidents
Daycare accidents and injuries can be caused by a variety of factors, often related to negligence on behalf of the daycare. At our law firm, we can work on a daycare accident claim or lawsuit that involves any type of negligence or cause. We know how to conduct thorough investigations to uncover what happened, such as reviewing the daycare’s incident history, staff training procedures, and so on. If someone else’s mistakes resulted in the injury of your child in daycare, then we want to be the legal team that stands up for your child’s rights.
We can work on daycare accident claims that involve these common causes and more:
- Unsupervised playtime: Children without adequate adult supervision are more likely to get hurt during playtime activities in daycare centers.
- Poorly maintained facilities: Faulty playground equipment, slippery floors or other unsafe conditions can result in serious injury to a child at play.
- Negligent staff: Daycare workers should always be properly trained and attentive to prevent any kind of accident or injury.
- Lack of safety protocols: Proper safety protocols should be clearly established at a daycare, and all staff members should insist on always following those protocols.
Common Types of Daycare Injuries
Daycare injuries can range from minor scrapes and bruises to more serious bone fractures, head injuries, or even death. While some daycare accidents can be chalked up to childish mischief, unsafe conditions or negligent supervision are often to blame for the most serious types of injuries. When negligence on behalf of the daycare and its staff is involved, legal action might be necessary, especially when a child has been seriously injured.
Common types of playground injuries include:
- Cuts and abrasions: These often occur when children fall on rough surfaces or equipment. If untreated, a deep laceration is likely to cause permanent scarring, which is a form of catastrophic injury.
- Broken bones: Falls from playground equipment may result in fractures to arms, legs, wrists, or ankles. A broken bone that does not heal correctly can cause a lifetime of mobility issues, pain, and disability.
- Strains and sprains: Unnatural twisting or jerking motions can result in twisted joints. A severe strain can cause lasting joint damage that results in a reduced range of motion for years, or possibly permanently.
- Head trauma: If a child suffers head trauma in a daycare, such as what can happen from falling off a piece of playground equipment, then it can result in a permanent brain injury or TBI.
Damages & Compensation in a Daycare Accident Claim
If your child has been injured in a daycare accident, you may be able to file a compensation claim against the daycare or the property owner. A successful claim could result in payment for any medical expenses incurred as a result of the injury, as well as damages for pain and suffering.
In New York, the following types of compensation could be owed to you and your child:
- Medical expenses: Coverage for all necessary treatments related to the injury.
- Lost wages: Compensation for wages lost due to time spent caring for your child.
- Pain and suffering: Awards intended to cover physical pain and emotional distress resulting from the injury.
- Punitive damages: Additional awards meant to punish negligent or reckless behavior on behalf of the defendant. Punitive damages are rare, though.
We’ll Fight for Your Child’s Wellbeing – Call Now
Please legal counsel as soon as possible after you learn that your child was hurt while at a daycare that you had trusted to watch over them. Our team of New York daycare injury attorneys can help you understand your rights and demand the compensation that your family is owed. We are committed to providing the highest quality of legal representation, backed by decades of collective experience, so your case will be ready for any challenge.
Don’t wait – contact us today for a free consultation and let us start fighting for your rights.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.