New York Bicycle Accident Lawyer
When a cyclist is involved in an accident with another motorist or dangerous road defect, their injuries can be quite severe because they travel with limited personal protection. The team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates understands how a bicycle crash can mean drastic changes to your lifestyle on a physical, emotional, and financial level. We will work hard to hold those responsible for your injuries accountable for their actions.
Since 1988, our lawyers have fought for injury victims so that they receive fair and just compensation for all of their damages. We work for you so that you can concentrate on your recovery. Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has recovered over $500 million for injured people, including a $6.25 million verdict for a young bike delivery man who was struck by a speeding van. We are ready to help you too.
Reach out today for a free case evaluation with our team.
You Will Not be Required to Pay Us Any Money Upfront
If we agree to accept your case, we will work on a contingency-fee–basis. That means you will pay us nothing upfront, and we will only receive a legal fee if you obtain compensation.
We will Conduct a Thorough Investigation of How Your Accident Occurred to Help You Build the Strongest Case
While each accident case has unique facts and circumstances, the amount of financial recovery you receive depends on the quality of your legal representation. That’s why our law firm focuses on investigating your accident thoroughly and will spare no expense to present your side of the story.
Besides obtaining accident and police reports, witness statements, accident scene or injury photographs, and medical records, we consult experts in accident reconstruction and medicine to present a strong case. This evidence will help demonstrate the other party’s negligence.
Whenever you’re trying to prove the other party’s negligence, you must do so by applying four elements. For example, if a driver caused the bicycle crash, you could argue:
- Duty of care: The other party was supposed to drive responsibly, making your safety a top priority.
- Breach of duty: The other party failed to adhere to the road by operating their vehicle recklessly.
- Causation: Since they didn’t see you on your bike or it was too late for them to react when they saw you, the driver hit and injured you.
- Damages: You have to deal with medical expenses, pain and suffering, and missed work, among other damages as a result of the accident.
Car drivers aren’t the only potentially liable parties in bicycle accident cases. For example, governments, mechanics, parts manufacturers, or other road users can act carelessly and trigger accidents. But regardless if you need a motor vehicle, commercial truck, or premises liability attorney, we are the law firm you can trust to represent your bicycle accident suit.
Our Lawyers Can Handle the Insurance Companies for You
A negligent driver or insurance company will invariably attempt to allot some of the blame for the accident to you or to deny, stall, or lowball your settlement. To succeed with this endeavor, they might reach out and try to obtain a statement from you.
We deal with insurers and their manipulative ways regularly, so refer the insurance adjuster to us when this happens. From there, we negotiate for the best possible outcome, a figure that will sufficiently cover all your losses. If we can’t agree on a proper settlement, we have no issue disputing your case in court.
Having a bicycle or New York pedestrian accident lawyer on your side protects your rights throughout the civil litigation process. We believe all pedestrians and cyclists have a right to safe roadways, and we make it our mission to collect fair settlements for injury victims.
Protecting Your Rights as a Cyclist in New York
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has helped many bike accident victims fight for a recovery that compensates them for every aspect of their damages, including:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Hospital and medical bills
- Future pain and suffering for all permanent injuries
- Funeral and burial costs in the tragic event of wrongful death
- Emotional trauma
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of wages
- Loss of guidance or services around the home
- Any other out-of-pocket expenses
If another motorist caused your accident, we want to get you the compensation your injuries merit. Our team has the qualified truck, car, or motorcycle accident lawyer you need to pursue damages against the party responsible for your bicycle accident.
Whether you need to take action against a negligent motor vehicle driver, city municipality, or third-party manufacturer, you can trust the team at Dansker & Aspromonte to help. We have the truck accident attorney, car accident lawyer, or premises liability expert you need to pursue justice for your bicycle accident claim.
How do You Secure Compensation After a Bicycle Accident in New York?
If you have been hurt in a bicycle collision with another motorist or road defect and suffered injuries due to negligence, you may have grounds to claim compensation. The actions you take immediately following your accident, however, may have a significant impact on the strength of your case.
After your accident:
- Call the police to the scene of the accident.
- Obtain the names of all witnesses.
- Take photographs if you are able.
- Seek out medical attention immediately.
- Refrain from talking to representatives from the other side until you speak to a lawyer.
- Seek out an experienced lawyer as soon as possible.
- Be aware that there are filing deadlines.
- Retain all bills for medical and out-of-pocket expenses.
These are just a few examples of the actions you can take to help build your case even before you hire a lawyer to represent you. Once you retain us, we will work together to ensure the best possible recovery for you and your family.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving New York, call (646) 692-0204.