If you or a loved one suffered a brain or spinal cord injury, contact our New York brain and spinal cord injury lawyers to investigate whether your injuries were the result of the fault of another.
If the evidence shows that your injuries were preventable, you have the right to demand fair and reasonable compensation. It could be essential that you retain a law firm that understands the substantial and complex demands presented by a serious or catastrophic injury case.
How Much Your Injury Case Could Be Worth
Spinal cord and traumatic brain injury (TBI) cases must be investigated appropriately to ensure you receive financial compensation that takes into consideration the full range of physical and economic damages that are likely in your case.
Compensation can provide the financial means to pay for long-term rehabilitation and medical care, replace lost income, and get you the support you need to lead a productive life. Our legal team will represent your interests and work hard to secure awards on your behalf to help cover the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Current and ongoing medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Any adaptations required to your home
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earning opportunity
- Emotional distress
- Funeral and burial costs, in the event of wrongful death
We Have Secured Millions for Past Clients
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has decades of experience handling complex brain and spinal cord injury cases, including:
- $50 million in damages for a 4-year-old child left with severe brain trauma after a routine medical procedure
- $6.3 million for a pedestrian who faced a traumatic brain injury after being struck by a police scooter
- $6.25 million for a bicycle delivery person who sustained a mild brain injury after being hit by a van
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident or medical procedure, speak with a brain and spinal cord medical malpractice attorney. Our personal injury law firm does not charge upfront fees, and we only get paid if we win your case. Therefore, you can feel confident that we will fight for the justice you deserve.
Your Ongoing Treatments After a Brain or Spinal Cord Injury are Recoverable
If you or a loved one suffered injury from an accident or from receiving substandard medical care that resulted in a traumatic brain injury, skull fracture, serious concussion, cognitive impairment, paralysis, spinal fracture, or any long-term disabling condition, our compassionate team is ready to help.
These kinds of injuries can be especially severe, requiring long-term care and rehabilitation. According to the Mayo Clinic, the treatments that a brain injury victim may require include:
- Medications: You may require anti-seizure medication or coma-inducing drugs in order to prevent seizures in the initial week after a brain injury or to decrease the brain’s oxygen requirements.
- Surgery: To prevent complications of your brain injury, you could need to undergo surgery if your doctors identify bleeding in your brain, skull fractures, or blood clots.
- Rehabilitation: After a brain injury, physical therapy is just one form of treatment you may need to pursue. Your doctors may also recommend speech and language therapy and even occupational therapy to practice day-to-day living skills.
- Psychological and emotional support: A brain injury may change every aspect of your life, and you could require extra support as you learn to cope with a new normal.
The consequences of both types of injuries are often physically, financially, emotionally, and socially catastrophic to the victim, their families, and friends. Extensive medical and rehabilitative intervention is often required to provide longstanding care for survivors, incurring costs that can easily compound into millions of dollars.
While no amount of money can make up for the harm caused by another’s negligence, it can be some relief to know that your lawyers are working hard to hold someone accountable for your injuries and demand fair and just financial compensation for all of your physical and economic damages. Once the full cost of your injuries becomes known, we will help you to determine how much your past, present, and future losses may be worth. While we work for you, you can concentrate on your recovery.
Obtaining Fair Compensation is What We Do Best
Complex accident and medical malpractice cases involving severe brain and spinal cord injuries are inherently challenging, especially when it comes to proving the full extent of your injuries and the lifelong effect of those injuries.
You can benefit from working with a law practice with the experience and resources to provide the following:
- Access to a network of medical professionals who can provide expert testimony
- Ability to evaluate your current economic loss and projected future financial costs
- Significant knowledge of how to negotiate with insurance representatives and aggressive legal defense from negligent parties
- A track record in fighting similar cases with proven results
- The resources required to prove negligence through detailed investigations
- Willingness to present your case to a trial jury if necessary
You Have Limited Time to Take Action
Your time to file a claim is limited. If you believe that you have been injured by the negligence of another, contact our office immediately. Doing so could be important for your case because:
- You may be forever prevented from receiving the financial compensation you deserve if you fail to bring your claim within a certain time limit.
- Some forms of evidence disappear if they are not collected immediately after the accident.
- By acting sooner rather than later, you give your legal team time to build a strong case.
Types of Brain and Spinal Cord Accident Cases We Can Handle
Your brain or spinal cord injury may have been caused by many different types of situations. We can help you with the following types of accidents:
- Construction accidents
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Birth injury
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
If you aren’t sure what type of accident caused your brain injury or if we handle your case type, you can call someone from our team to learn more about how we may be able to represent you.
If You Lost a Loved One to Their Injuries
If your loved one passed away due to a brain or spinal cord injury, you may be eligible to seek recovery through a wrongful death claim. Family members of the deceased can pursue wrongful death damages such as:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses (leading up to the death)
- Loss of services, companionship, support, and guidance
If you lost a loved one to their injuries, taking on a legal case can be challenging. But a wrongful death lawyer in NYC can handle every aspect of your claim so you can focus on more pressing matters.
Proving Liability for Your Brain or Spinal Cord Injury
One of the most complicated aspects of any personal injury or medical malpractice case is determining who is responsible for your losses. Our legal team will accurately identify the liable party and pursue fair compensation on your behalf.
Responsible parties in your case may include:
- Vehicle drivers
- Rideshare drivers
- Trucking companies
- Construction crews
- Local or state government entities
- Parts manufacturers or vehicle makers
- Doctors, nurses, or hospitals
No matter who caused your trauma, a legal expert can help you pursue justice for your brain and spinal cord injuries. For example, if a motor vehicle driver’s negligence is the reason for your injury, a car wreck lawyer can file a claim and make sure you collect a reasonable settlement.
Proving Liability for Brain and Spine Damage After a Vehicle Accident
Motor vehicle collisions are a leading cause of brain and spinal cord injuries in New York. But determining liability in these types of accidents is difficult because multiple parties, including third parties, may be at fault. Some examples include:
- Car, commercial truck, or motorcycle drivers
- Commercial trucking companies
- Defective product manufacturers
- City municipalities
If you or a loved one sustained brain or spine damage in a collision, consult with a car, motorcycle, or NYC truck accident lawyer. These legal experts can review your case and hold every liable party accountable for your brain and spinal cord injuries.
Even if you think you know who caused your injury, this may not be the person responsible for your compensation. If we bring a claim or a lawsuit on your behalf, we may find that the person who hit your car or failed to monitor your child’s birth is not the at-fault party. In many cases, an employer’s negligence plays a role in an accident, making the employer liable for your spine and brain injuries.
For instance, imagine you were riding your bicycle, were struck by a semi-truck driver, and sustained catastrophic spine damage. We may find that the responsible party is the truck driver’s employer, not the driver. Or, if faulty brakes caused the accident, a brake manufacturer could be liable.
In short, whether you need a defective product, car accident, or slip and fall lawyer in New York, you can trust the attorneys at our personal injury law firm. We will do the legwork to identify the responsible party and hold them liable for your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a brain and spinal cord injury lawyer serving New York, call (212) 732-2929
We Represent Birth Injury Victims
Unfortunately, medical errors or negligent delivery staff can cause spinal cord and brain damage at birth. If this happened to your child, a brain and spinal cord birth injury lawyer from our law firm will make sure your family receives justice. We will investigate the case, prove how negligence caused your child’s trauma, and secure compensation for your family’s losses.
We Work on Contingency
As mentioned, we have a history of seeking million-dollar settlements for our clients—and we will work hard to seek results for you through every step of your case.
Other reasons to consider working with one of our brain and spinal cord injury lawyers include:
- You can contact us any time—day or night—to receive your free case review.
- You pay us nothing unless we win your case.
- We take pride in our communication with clients and will get your questions answered promptly.
For your convenience, we represent clients throughout the New York City metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
Secure Litigation for Your Complex Injury Case with One of Our Dependable Attorneys
If you or a loved one was unfortunate enough to have sustained a brain or spinal cord injury in an accident or from inadequate medical treatment, the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates are here to help. We deliver comprehensive representation in brain and spinal cord injury cases.
We will assist you in bringing a personal injury claim against those responsible for your injuries. Our team has represented clients in complex cases since 1988. Call us today.
New York Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
Trust Our New York Attorneys to Fight for Your Justice
Our mission is to help all brain and spinal cord injury victims secure maximum compensation. We pursue justice from all liable parties, and we never stop fighting on behalf of your loved ones.
Whether you need a nursing home abuse attorney in NYC or a car accident injury lawyer, we are the team to call. You can trust our legal experts to file all necessary documents, collect evidence to build your claim, and achieve a substantial settlement for your brain and spinal cord injuries.