As a parent, chances are you trust school bus drivers to handle your children with the greatest of care. Parents usually believe that school buses are only driven by qualified and trained personnel and that the buses are properly and regularly maintained and looked after by the school district. Yet, when school personnel fail to follow the required safety regulations, the outcome can be severe and tragic.
If you suspect an accident happened with a school bus due to negligence, you can talk to one of our knowledgeable and experienced attorneys at Dansker&Aspromonte in New York City. We will go through all your legal options and bring forth a case to court if necessary. Our firm, and all our lawyers, are passionate about fighting for the rights and compensation for injured children in the New York metro areas and surrounds.
Feel free to get in touch with us today for a free consultation about a NYC school bus accident.
Who Is Responsible for a School Bus Accident?
Depending on the nature of the motor vehicle accidents, as well as the underlying cause, one or more of the following people or entities can be held responsible:
- School bus manufacturers
- School bus drivers
- Private companies contracted to provide the school’s transportation
- Churches, private schools and other organizations that own and operate the school bus
- Parts manufacturers
- Third parties contracted to maintain and repair the buses
- Government entities responsible for roadway construction, design, and maintenance
What Compensation Can You Get for a School Bus Accident
If your child, or even you, has been injured in a school bus accident, there is a chance you could recover compensation for both noneconomic and economic damages, such as:
- Lost earning capacity
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Future lost income
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Home health care
- Long-term care
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Special equipment and modification at home to accommodate a disability
- Diminished quality of life
Bus Accidents in New York City
At Dansker&Aspromonte, we handle a wide range of school bus accidents that occur in New York City. Some of these accidents include:
- Children being forced, wrongfully, to stay on a bus for unreasonable lengths of time
- Accidents that involve school buses and other cars
- Injuries from a slip-and-fall while on a school bus
- Violence that occurs due to inadequate supervision
Contact Our New York City School Bus Accident Lawyer for a Consultation
Our accident lawyers serve Staten Island, NYC metro areas, and surrounds. If you or your child has been injured on a school bus due to the negligence of another person or party, our lawyers will help you seek maximum compensation. Call us today for a free consultation or get in touch online.
We also don’t charge legal fees until we settle or win your case. Our aggressive approach ensures you get the justice you need.