Mr. Heller grew up in Baltimore, Maryland, where he attended the public schools.
A 1971 graduate of Amherst College, Mr. Heller worked for 13 years as a field organizer for the AFL-CIO, where he organized agricultural, textile, hospital, defense and other workers into affiliated unions.
After graduating from Cornell University Law School in 1987, he worked as a public defender for the Legal Aid Society in Manhattan. There, he defended accused felony suspects for five years. During that period, he successfully argued two landmark criminal cases in the New York Court of Appeals (People v. Legister and People v. Dozier).
Mr. Heller has been the Senior Associate at Dansker & Aspromonte for the last 13 years, concentrating on labor law, construction, and toxic torts. He also spearheaded the firm’s research department. In June 2006, he graduated to an Of Counsel position with the firm, and is currently on an extended teaching sabbatical.
Areas of Practice
- New York, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- Cornell University Law School, Ithaca, New York
- J.D. – 1987
- Amherst College, Amherst, Massachusetts
- B.S. – 1971
- People v. Legister (New York Court of Appeals)
- People v. Dozier (New York Court of Appeals)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Legal Aid Society in Manhattan, Public Defender
To seek help from our experienced New York Accident attorneys contact us online or call at 212-732-2929.
Jonathan O. Heller
NYC Accident Attorney Jonathan O. Heller has comprehensive background in many types of Appelate, labor law, construction, and toxic torts law. Call us at (844) 469-5291!