Due to the sheer size and weight of trucks, tractor-trailers and semis, motor vehicle accidents involving them are generally very serious and lead to catastrophic injuries. Truck accident cases are often complex as there can be more than one negligent party. That is why it is so critical to seek out only the most skilled and effective New York truck accident attorneys from a law firm that has had exceptional success with these types of cases over the years.
At Dansker & Aspromonte in New York City, we have a long-standing reputation for excellence in obtaining compensation for injured clients. We have handled some of the most high-profile truck accident cases, including one involving a tanker truck on the New York State Thruway. If you or a loved one was injured in truck accident in the New York City area it is extremely important to seek legal counsel immediately. Evidence must be gathered from the accident scene and witness statements must be recorded while their memories of events are still fresh.
To discuss your truck accident case with one of our experienced New York City accident attorneys, please contact us online. You can also call 212-732-2929.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
While there are many different causes of truck accidents, some are more common than others. Our law firm handles all types of accidents, no matter what kind of vehicle, number of parties involved or cause.
Some frequent causes of truck accidents include:
- Improper or inadequate maintenance: Trucks, particularly commercial trucks, must undergo frequent maintenance and service checks. When truck companies trying to save money and don’t properly maintain their trucks, serious accidents can result due to faulty brakes and other malfunctioned parts.
- Excessive speeding and aggressive driving: Truck drivers who are under tight deadlines often speed, tailgate or drive aggressively, leading to collisions and other serious crashes.
- Driver fatigue: When trucking companies violate safety standards by over-scheduling drivers to try to save money, drivers can become fatigued and even fall asleep at the wheel.
- Driver negligence: Drunk driving, use of drugs/illegal prescription medication and traveling too fast are just some of the negligent actions of drivers that lead to deadly truck accidents.
- Overloaded or unsecured loads: If items on a tractor-trailer are not secured properly or a semi is overloaded with cargo, it can throw off the truck’s balance or even tip the truck over.
- Defective equipment/parts: In some cases the parts of a truck are defective due to manufacturing or design error.
For a free legal consultation, call (212) 732-2929
Contact Us About Your Truck Accident Related to Driver Negligence or Defective Equipment
Serving Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, the Bronx, and the NYC Metro Area
We are here to answer your questions and help you start seeking the compensation that you and your family deserve. To speak with a highly experienced New York City truck accident cases lawyer, call 212-732-2929 or contact us online.